Island Landrace & Heirloom Strains

Here you go @Weednerd.Anthony

And my baby Vietnamese Black

I thought she would never start rooting! I had 2 but the other one still only had one little root after two weeks in the cloner.

So there you have it. I would say not great but not bad either. lol

17 Likes

is that the same as the dalat?> vb? @MoBilly

2 Likes

I can’t tell you much more than it’s VB. I got it from @Guitarzan , maybe he can be more specific than I. For the longest time I wondered if I would be able to get either one to root. Everything else that was in pucks did fine… I think now that she’s settled in and her roots have hit the res she’ll take off at a quicker pace.

4 Likes

yeah i sent him a message but the dalat and vb from what i was reading is the same? whats the flower time your looking at?? mine from what i can find is around 24 plus weeks, that is if it pops and does what its supposed to do. Yes hopefully @Guitarzan can help.

2 Likes

He was good enough to give me those AR clones as well.
:+1:

3 Likes

My understanding is that Dalat and VB are distinct lines, but would defer to others with more experience.

Guitarzan actually had a thread relating to both of these and there is an accompanying description:

@MoBilly very jealous of your growing out those angolan reds and viet blacks! hope you consider trying some island lines next go-around, i hear really legendary things about vibes collective lamb’s bread :grin:

9 Likes

Have you considered light deprivation with the outdoor ones and bringing them into a shed or garage, maybe building a tall hoop house that you can throw a tarp over? I wouldn’t have been able to finish all the pure sativas I’ve grown in the last few years without that approach. But now it’s all i want to grow after sampling medicine from Laos, Thailand, Colombia, Philippines, and Mexico :grin:

@YoBigdaddy for you, my library is open any time without any expectations! I have not yet done a reproduction on this line but definitely intend to.

9 Likes

DAGA garden carries Kalifa genetics. Very reasonable prices too.

3 Likes

I love landrace !

Jamaica bud was some of the best visuals ive had from flower !!!

7 Likes

Will be firing up some north and central uganda landrace soon.

Apparently they are strong. Fruity and gassy

Tha ks for the tag

mm

8 Likes

I have some seeds from Mayotte that I keep swearing I’ll get around to some day but I’m really surprised to see that no one has ran or done a Repro of Bodhi’s Aruba landrace. Especially considering they’re allleged to have strong banana and spice terps, which is a pretty unique profile if you ask me :man_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

that sounds like it needs to be run, aruba, i wonder how that is to grow

3 Likes

I’d let mine go to a trusted Freaker for a run, I don’t really see myself running them anytime soon…

7 Likes

@US3RNAM3 thanks for this thread and the callout!

:blush:

5 Likes

i looked those up, shorter flower time, grows like an indica, hardly any stretch, you should grow them. sounds like a nice one and little stretch as well. maybe one day well see some on here

3 Likes

I guess that could be my first preservation project of next year :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s possible that the landracers prefer the pure sativas, Bodhi Aruba may be an heirloom hybrid of sorts.

Wasn’t Aruba a Dutch territory for a while? Would make sense there were a lot of Dutch genetics being grown there

7 Likes

Not my pic, but allegedly another shot of the Aruba line from Bodhi:

The scents/aromas are interesting for sure

13 Likes

yeah do it!! it seems like a nice plant, indica growth with sativa effects, it sounds delightful and no one else is doing it. you got the seed and i believe in you

2 Likes

Pure single source colombian gold

mm

19 Likes