ISO best strain for neuropathy

Hello everyone my name is sam. A bit of backstory behind me I started growing initially to help myself being a recovering pill addict and refusing to take pills anymore but then I found out I can help my friends and family as well and was eager to do everything I could to help the people close to me. I supply my dad with green so he doesn’t have to buy any, ive recently started a discord for trading clones now with 50+ members in hopes of helping those who consider this as medicine and would like access to it for cheap as opposed to the price of a clone from a seller shipped, and now my aunt has asked me to try and find her a strain for neuropathy relief as she has constant nerve pain and doesn’t want to take pills. I love being able to help others while doing what I love but she is looking for a CBD strain and that’s where I’m left clueless. I’ve done a bit of research and cannatonic, acdc, and harlequin sound like good starts but I wanna know what works for everyone else. She is looking for something that will have more medical relief and less of a high so im thinking close to a pure CBD strain would be ideal. Thanks for your help in advance and if anyone would like an invite to the discord just reach out via comment or message. I’ll help anyway I can and anyone I can if its possible

17 Likes

Great topic and I hope you get some recommendations as I’m curious what others are finding helpful too.

As for CBD, I get ounces from Tweedle Farms and have for years. Their flower is amazing, top shelf and cheap. They’re the one farm I trust and you’re getting it straight from them. Less than like $30 an ounce with discounts for like 20% cbd and I like to smoke a little with my regular flower for a nice full spectrum experience. They have all kinds of products, but I load up on their pure flower and it’s great every time.

4 Likes

I should also mention this will be an outdoor grow next year in zone 6a in Missouri

4 Likes

@ClassicGenetix Out of likes brother I appreciate the recommendation. There is a local grow op about 20-30 miles from me and they have a store real close by that sells their CBD flower so maybe I’ll point her in that direction for the time being. Called south point hemp idk if anyone has heard anything about them I sure haven’t besides just seeing their dispo

4 Likes

Not a CBD strain, but for nerve pain check out @HolyAngel’s work with SSDD.

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation I’ll surely look into it!

If she needs something asap in the mean time have her check out zeropointextractions. They offer cbd isolate for $1.40 a gram.

3 Likes

Ive got a spinal cord injury with a bunch of damaged, as well as totally severed nerves. I’ve been on the mission looking for the best pain meds since cannabis is the only thing I’ve used for about 13 years now. I wouldn’t recommend CBD at all. It may be great for helping kids with epilepsy and stuff, but having talked to 1000s of other pain patients, it seems like theres a few things a ton of people use with great results.

For the more mild effect, blueberry stuff is hard to beat. DJ Short at Old World Genetics has a ton of work with it, as well as a bunch of others. It’s not the most exciting high, but usually very relaxing and calming on the body. Also seems like the Linanool heavy strains that smell like lavender are really really underrated for nerve pain relief without too much knockout potency.

If you want the best sleeping meds, kushes. OGs, or hashplants are my go to. Not great for all day smoking, but sometimes if I’m in a lotta pain and just need to sleep, a good TK or SFV OG cross will usually do great. Bodhis 88G13HP are the best kushy/afghani crosses I’ve found recently.

As for all day kinda smoke, my main 2 categories are pakistani/hazes for really upper stuff that helps get me moving. And Chem/gassy stuff for general daily smoking. The upper stuff is great in some context, but the Chems are good from morning until night. Chem91 and Sour Diesel stuff tends to be the best of the best for me. But pretty much anything with a gassy flavor seems to have that really strong nerve pain relief. I’ve found a couple really special keepers from Bodhis wookie x chem stuff. I should mention I also share these with friends, and its all they ask for. So I can verify they are great effects even for people who aren’t using them for nerve junk. Hope this helps!

10 Likes

If you wanna dm me an address I can send you a pack or two that should help her neuropathy as it definitely relieves my carpel tunnel, tendonitis, and T6/T7 damage… Couple weeks and I can send you some snips of the mom. I will say I’m unsure of how they’ll run outdoors though.

I can also second most of what BackyardBoogie420 is saying there. A heavy OG pheno from a TK cross is my goto sleep herb currently. The kush’s and chem’s help a litle bit with my nerve pain but not like the SSDD does. I’d love a good sour diesel for my mental fortitude but I haven’t seen anything good there in years :cry: Everything else on point :ok_hand:

14 Likes

I grabbed 200 beans of a strain called “wife’s wine” for 25 cents a seed, I have too many for myself.
It’s a cross of dream tonic( the wife bx) x cherry wine f2 from Fractal ridge farms via Red scare seed co.
It’s a hemp CBD strain and produces next to nothing in terms of thc but is extremely high in CBD. I would be happy to send you some beans. Wife’s Wine (Fractal Ridge Farms LLC) :: Cannabis Strain Info

5 Likes

You can also check into making RSO to make topical creams for your Aunty. Peace

2 Likes

Second this. I have neuropathy via pinched nerves and spinal arthritis (yeah, thats a thing, sucks bad). CBD does nothing for my pain, zero. THC, the more the better, indica leaning cultivars with heavy body effects work best.
However, the CBD is amazing for leveling myself out mentally. I smoke 80-100 milligrams of high CDB flower every day. Its like Ritalin or something, very calming.
We used to get our CBD flower from TryPlainJane.com. Its hemp flower, meaning its 100% legal. We mail order it and FedEx delivers it to our doorstep!

5 Likes

For cbd/hemp flower I’ve been enjoying HolyCityFarms out of south carolina. Quality has generally been really good, better than most dispo’s I’ve seen.

2 Likes

I too suffer from burning neuropathy in lower legs and feet due to mid to lower back injury . Work anything work to stop the burn and needle pin?
Feels like my feet were whipped on the bottom with a piece of Cane.
Really sucs , every night I almost cry myself to sleep.
Good weed helps me forget it for a while but nothing I have tried takes it away.

6 Likes

For interesting flower to order before you can grow some for her specifically, Hoku Seeds sells some really interesting flower and extracts that are not just full spectrum but mixed chemo type. There’s a lot of Type II flower for sale in his online store, which will be a blend of THC/CBD for therapeutic uses. Type II chemovars with 1:1 ratios seem like a thing he works with a lot:

I’m trying to find more useful daytime pain management for my chronic pain and old injuries and exploring some of these alt-cannabinoids for alternatives. I feel like other people have said it but I’ll agree that CBD for me is primarily a mood enhancer and stabilizer, it does do something to sort of detach me from pain and make it easier to live with, but only in a mix with THC. High THC does great for pain but usually it doesn’t last without some CBD in there for me. I’ve been trying to grow strains that are a little closer to landrace/heirloom on at least one side of the parentage to try and get some more varied effects and interesting terpene profiles.

5 Likes

This is a very interesting thread to me. I too am working on a research project to identify strains and doses to provide the correct combination of THC and CBD for diabetics that suffer from peripheral neuropathy in upper and or lower extremities.

I am new to OG and have really enjoyed my time here learning from others.

This past week I came across this 15 minute video that does an excellent job of explaining exactly how this disease functions and how to go about finding the correct remedy. I have watched this numerous times and just wanted to share this information here.

I hope this is OK to share here.

Thanks, G.

8 Likes

Very informative, thanks for sharing this video.

1 Like

Thank You, Do you have 5000 deg feet too

2 Likes

Thanks for that share @Gumbert I will have to watch it tonight. I have a few current research papers and meta-analyses to share about neuropathic pain, maybe these will be helpful in some way:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/356414129_Cannabis-Based_Medicines_and_Medical_Cannabis_in_the_Treatment_of_Nociplastic_Pain

• Nociplastic pain is defined as pain due to sensitization of the nervous system, without a sufficient underlying anatomical abnormality to explain the severity of pain. Nociplastic pain may be manifest in various organ systems, is often perceived as being more widespread rather than localized and is commonly associated with central nervous system symptoms of fatigue, difficulties with cognition and sleep, and other somatic symptoms; all features that contribute to considerable suffering. Exemplified by fibromyalgia, nociplastic conditions also include chronic visceral pain, chronic headaches and facial pain, and chronic musculoskeletal pain. It has been theorized that dysfunction of the endocannabinoid system may contribute to persistent pain in these conditions. As traditional treatments for chronic pain in general and nociplastic pain in particular are imperfect, there is a need to identify other treatment options. Cannabis-based medicines and medical cannabis (MC) may hold promise and have been actively promoted by the media and advocacy. The medical community must be knowledgeable of the current evidence in this regard to be able to competently advise patients. This review will briefly explain the understanding of nociplastic pain, examine the evidence for the effect of cannabinoids in these conditions, and provide simplified guidance for healthcare providers who may consider prescribing cannabinoids for these conditions.*

Drugs2021CbMsfornociplasticpain.pdf (789.5 KB)

3 Likes

s12974-023-02734-9.pdf (1004.5 KB)

1 Like