I've been hunting unicorns "Da Lat"

I see figured out that camera! Looking good, good sir! That day lat showing off her colors, is looking pretty splendid with those pink tips to her! That last shot of the sunrise thai thou… Your going have to break one of those nugs in half when done and take a pic of it. I bet she’s got a story to tell from the outside in! how long does that Kampuchia red have left on it? It looks like it’s just getting fired up while the others look like there nearing the end of there journey.

P.S. now that you have figured out that camera. Where going be expecting to see more!

2 Likes

Yep, that Cambodian Reds going to go a long time. That Sunrise Thai is looking awfully legit there isn’t it? Just beautiful! The other ones are finishing up nicely. Good comparison of what an early pollination can do for you if you are looking to speed up Harvest times. That Cambodian red has not been pollinated right? Maybe a little bit with the sunrise? What I would give to be able to be in your flower room right now! Absolutely Epic! How many of those Reds finally popped? How about the sunrise?

5 Likes

Those dalat plants are a rainbow of colors that’s for sure. Very pretty.

3 Likes

I hit a couple of branches of the kampuchea red with the sunrise Thai and a couple more with the da lat. The colors in the da lat are really poppin. And i think you might be on to something with your Chinese hemp theory i thought i might have spider mites i seen all these stringy fibers hangin on one of the stems. Turns out they are just fibers from where I pulled off dead leaves

19 Likes

What kind of smells are you getting on the Dalat? Definitely looks fibrous.

2 Likes

yeah, could shure contain Chineese Hemp. But the Da We Dalat is a MODERN Line. Not same as an old one… A copterpilot smoked Weed at exact same location in the 70s… In 2004 went back to collect the modern version of it. He clearly seemed to say it wasnt the ame old stuff.

The old Stuff he said was most lifechanging sacred Eperience in his Live. The modern one he said, its nice for a good Afternoon.
So: not the same. I guess the Probhibition that started in the 70s forced many people to only sporadically open pollinate some occasional weed. They cant hold ANY Standard, theyre in danger of Death Sentence… Probably have no controll at all over their breeds, and get dusted heavily by Hemp. All old structures might be gone,just dusting some random seed they found…

I never wanted to say there is no Chineese hemp around, its robably wide spred there, BUT if a Strain is very Potent, then its questionable if any considerable Chineese is inside…
Shure may be a breeze, but how do we know? We probably dont.

Could be a indicator for chineese you say bigdaddy? So: do have Chinese hemp more Spider mites you say?

1 Like

No mites, just real stringy like hemp. You can see in pic.Not sure if we lost any potency yet.

2 Likes

all cool man, i like when people wonder about Makingproces of Landraces. Where it derivered from by the way.

There are other possibilitites that are just not discussed often, so im trying to present them.

If you ask me, i see something in modern Lines, but i cant say what it is.
Modern Lines are all green. Old lines were way more often Colorful. Also SE Asians. So, even visually differeent.
Like said: the collector of Da We Dalat said old Viet was Lifechanging sacred Experience. Was the modern version like that? I guess not. It was around half of that, right. Just a good weed, but NOTHING compared …
I tell you what my SPECULATIONS are that caused that Change: And its also what the Source of your Sunrise Thai said: People are in a hurry, have a lot problems today in SE Asia, especially when it comes to grow Weed, especially Minorities like Hilltribes…

He said: they often grow in a hurry. They sometimes get busted, so they loose all Seeds they have… Seeds anyway dont store well in humid tropis… So they have to take new Seeds.

So my suspicions are : they simply cant select well, theyre in a hurry, they loose their Seed, and have to take random other Seed next year wich well is often Hemp… Sometimes they still get another trippy remains, but you see, Hemp may take over. And then there is more and more Skunk pollen. All in all: they dont really breed them well anymore, and it gets hybridized…hybredized with Skunk, possibly with Hemp i speculate.

In the old Times the most lifechanging Weed came from SE Asia, i imagine they held Strains often separate… cause can you imagine Hemp was considerable makeup of TRIPweed? Shure there may been accidental mixups with Hemp . They grew that stuff like a wonderfull Flower, in harmony, no Stress, they cared for them, and made good SelectionChoices… nowdays that all became impossible. That are my Supeculations. ONLY Speculations.

So, i cant say what i see in Da We Dalat… But shure is, it has that modern Look, may you like it, or even very much… I tell you from what i heard its not ultimate Weed, i still like it.

Reeferman himselve said he prefferes even Hoabac over Da We Dalat.

Real old Vietnamese is better. Da we is ok

3 Likes

Listen what MelFrank the collector or many Landraces in the 70s says about Durban:

one of his favored Durban finished in August… he is Landracelover…
Hybredized? could be,

3 Likes

Yeah, his Durban has been dutched. It is a pure Durban, it’s just not a landrace anymore.

If that makes any sense. If it doesn’t, I can explain better.

7 Likes

The durbin most grow was tamed with a afghan by the Dutch guys. Sensi seeds is the only one who I know sold a pure durbin poisen line and they just called it durbin to avoid conflict with the other breeder I think it was Dutch passion . So unless you have old sensi stock or they came straight from somebody there you 99% likely have the tamed version. Real durbin is a huge sativa beast that reeks of anise lemon or spice in my experience. Very light green curing to a almost golden color the Dutch version is the more short colorfull one.
I’d love to have some of the silver leaf but reef did everything he could to convince me old school breeders association we’re frauds to only later admit they did have his genetics and he did work with them untill they split ways. I honk they still sell them I might have to get myself a early birthday present

11 Likes

I think cannabiogens Durban is pure landrace too.
Did you see lefty’s cannabiogen Durban? Her leaves were :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

my point was that some durbin is extreemly shortflowering for what you would expect.
I also didnt understand compleetly if Mel Frank spoke about the original Durban that was so early. Anyway im officially out this it-isnt-always-like-you-think-Topics.
My points were always : It is not everything so simple as it seems (shortflowering Landrace is hybredized , and i am not the only one who brought the shorflow.-durbin-pure-question up.) .
But im officially out. It would consume to much of the Thread. And i was already able to tell everything i wanted anyway . Peace Out.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s from Europeans. Mel Franks Durban is not pure. It’s not a wild trait for them to finish that early. People have been hybridizing landrace lines for hundreds of years, especially throughout Africa.

A pure Durban would take a pretty significant amount of time to flower. Their longest day of the year is only like 14 hours and 20 minutes and their shortest is like 10 and a half. I would guess based on similar climates, a pure version would be 16 weeks, minimum.

Damnit this is the dalat thread? I’m sorry @YoBigdaddy errybahdi I’m clearly an organizational mess today.

3 Likes

Its all good brother.

4 Likes

Ought to be interesting what Classics holds.

3 Likes

any update pics ?

TY !!!

2 Likes

I just posted some new pics yesterday. You will have to scroll up a bit.

3 Likes

This guy dawee probably doesn’t understand how different the phenotypes from Land races can be. He may have just happened to come upon a very very potent version of dalat years ago, or maybe wasn’t used to potent pot. Perhaps this strain in the 70s was fresh( hybrid?), and it was very potent. Today, perhaps it is an old inbred line and has lost some majic, as happens with IBLS and heirlooms.
All in all: they dont really breed them well anymore, and it gets hybridized…hybredized with Skunk, possibly with Hemp i
[/quote]

The Vietnamese were not pot growers back in the 70s, and didn’t understand breeding marijuana. That’s not to say they didn’t grow pot, but they were like you or me, growing a few plants each year, but they weren’t pot Farmers by trade like the Thai people. Modern methods of growing and breeding cannabis simply were unknown in Vietnam, and probably still are to a large extent today. You can find potent plants in Vietnamese cannabis, there is absolutely no doubt, but the seeds that it contains are from all sorts of different males, many of them substandard or undesirable, and they will pop out in The Offspring from a kick-ass plant.
I learned a little bit more about the Durban. There is no Durban landrace. Durban is just a Port City. A very busy Port that saw genetics being introduced from all around the world
The closest thing to a Durban landrace would be transkei, kwazulu, or Lesotho, or swazi, but more than likely a mix of al with an Indica thrown in are what made Durban Poison, according to Rastafarout …
@Worcestershire_Farms I thought it was a Landrace too, until I talked to a South African local tribesmen, Rastafarout…who backed up what @OleReynard told me.

8 Likes