IWS Oxypot - Maxi Bright 315 Budbox Shed Grow UK

Day 11
Not happy with the colour of the leaves… I think I’m underfeeding them… they have only had vitalink plant start at CF 4
Im going to mix up some half strength grow and try that from tomorrow night…
There are good roots showing too so it’s time to move them up and into their net pots … I also need to get them under my decent light … I’m worried about lack of humidity when the light and fan are on 18 hrs so have ordered a ram humidifier with a 5l tank… I can use my sonoff TH16 to control it based on setting a window of rh range and the device will switch the humidifier on and off for me…:sunglasses:

What are the brown spots on the plant on the right? Please​:smiley::smiley:

I reckon this will be the one I end up growing. . Assuming that she’s a little lady of course…

I’m happy that I didnt drown them… lol
All 3 are showing roots like this :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

I think your plants appear to be starved.

I would get them into their medium ASAP and ramp up feeding.

My guess is the discoloration is the plant “eating itself” due to the lack of nutrients available to the roots.

99%

3 Likes

Cheers @99PerCent …my guess too… I made up some nutes tonight half strength and gave the roots and cubes a good spray. . I’m soaking the clay pebbles which will be their support in the net pots and their first veg media… I’m going to grow the 3 in rhizo pots until my favourite gets moved to the Oxypot … :grinning:

Looking Chirpy this morning :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wonder how long a feeding lasts?

99%

1 Like

at least till I get home… I hope… @99PerCent, I would have thought you far more qualified than I on that one, still couple more days they will be in pots/bags, then I hope watering every 2./3 days… then when I get the bubbler going… a lot less :smiley:

1 Like

You start your seedlings very differently than I do.

I have no experience outside of organic soil…

99%

2 Likes

Well the feed lasted 24 hours… I’ve moved em into their next home… couple of days to recover then into their bags…and a proper light. need to get something to catch the run off and hopefully the heat mat I’ve ordered will turn up.

Bit cramped… good job it’s only a couple of days max😀

Oh the humidifier arrived. . Wired it into my sonoff TH switch… can’t really test anymore than it works… which it does… need the light and fan on to dry it out…

1 Like

So, if you had moved them sooner, do you think things would have been easier on them. Is there any way to start them in these units and begin feed sooner?

Soil just seems easy.

Looking happy enough… last night in the oven for them… collect my heat mat tommora :grinning::grinning:

Yes @99PerCent … I really havnt been on top of this… you can get great results with this way… but you need to know what where and when. …I’ve just been relearning everything I forgot a lot in 15yrs since my last grow… still I’m getting up to speed quick. . Main issues for me are all temperature related… everything is so fkin cold… hey ho… Happy days :grinning::grinning::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yeah, I hadn’t even thought about temps. Cold is not your friend.

Heat pad is a good call.

Stay warm.

2 Likes

Well heat pad in … all systems working…

I’m concerned about temps… lights off now and temp is 16C

Still it is what it is :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Looking good in the dark… (like some of my ex girlfriends :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :-D…)

3 Likes

Bloody hell it’s chilly out… British pre spring weather :grinning:
The clay pebbles were still damp just below the surface… I am concerned about feeding so I’ve ordered the bits to make a 3 ring dropper system I’ll run the pump off a segment timer and based on how well they drip… feed for 15 mins every six hours and coincide that with lights on and off… breakfast lunch and a bedtime drink…
Shame I can’t justify heating my whole shed to 24C
I’m going to fit an insulated wood floor after this grow… might do the walls too… coat the whole inside with Mylar and buy some 1000 watt lights …
I can dream :grin::grin: let’s see what tomorrow brings…

1 Like

Do you have good ceiling height in your grow area. If so, I might considered rigid insulation and a large rubber mat on the floor. What does your shed look like?

I have built some of these sorts of things along the way.

1 Like

Leaving the lights on 24 hours a day works pretty well to help keep a cold place warm. Doesn’t work so well during flowering though…

1 Like

The shed & cat :grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

Neat as a pin back there. Let the cat in!

consider rigid foam insulation for the floor. There is a 2 inch product at Home Creap-o. Looks like maybe 3 or 4 would cover the floor along with a section of rubber roofing or rubber floor mat.

I’m going for a floating 27 mm tongue and groove floor on 100 mm joists with a damp course and Celotex 100 mm insulation panels… this spring :slight_smile:
My box is already on 100mm of polystyrene, its the outside air temps that are killing me… im heating the shed to 16C but being a tent the insulation properties are non existent, doesnt help its been getting colder the last few nights and temps are dropping below zero…

3 Likes