IWS Oxypot - Maxi Bright 315 Budbox Shed Grow UK

Easy barriers work. Plastic sheeting, especially over windows and over head. Watch for humidity!

Sounds like a good plan. This is for flooring yes?

The walls are framed as well, but not insulated? Again, might look at the rigid and foam spray to fill the seems. Watch for humidity!

Dripper in placeā€¦ just got to sort out the small syphon problem as it doesnā€™t stop dripping when the pump goes offā€¦ why is nothing simpleā€¦
@99PerCent. I shall never be able to convert the shed to a full scale grow roomā€¦ the Mrs has summerhouse visions for summerā€¦

3 Likes

That could be a show stopper, lol.

99%

1 Like

Well the show goes onā€¦ for a couple more months anyway :grinning::grinning:
I resolved the sphon problem by putting my res on the floorā€¦ tested it and now pump offā€¦ no more dripping :sunglasses:
Next problem. .all the leaves look healthy but have yellow edgesā€¦ underfeeding me thinksā€¦ so Iā€™ve made up 20 litres of nett CF 10 nutesā€¦ Iā€™m not sure pebbles are a good medium to promote root growth. . Unless roots can suck feed out of the pebblesā€¦:+1::+1:
I have bought the light down to about 20" might help a bit. .Iā€™m looking forward to having only one plant in my Oxypot. . Lot less problems to manageā€¦ well snow and the coldest weather this winter is forecast for next week :persevere::wind_face::snowflake:

1 Like

Old Man Winter isnā€™t finished yet.

1 Like

Are you using Hydroton ?, are did you say that was pebbles you were using? If you are using pebbles I think you would be much better off using Coco as a substrate, Either coco and some perlite or coco with coco chips in it. You could use the exact same setup minus the pebbles and basket.:slight_smile:

hi @pookie123
Im using http://www.vitalink.eu/growing-media/clay-pebbles/
I need the basket cos one of those is going in a bubblerā€¦

Oh ok, I too am going to run a bubbler DWC soon ,but Iā€™m just using coco till the roots develop then I am switching to Hydroton clay for it. I thought you were just using rock pebbles, That is why I askedā€¦ How are you going to feed those in the hydroton clay that are not DWC? Are you just feeding them by drip multiple times a day to keep moisture and nutrients? It just seems it would be a lot easier to put the rest in coco so you would only have to feed them every couple days or so. I am not familiar with people growing in hydroton that is not flood and drain or DWCā€¦ How goes your setup work?:slight_smile:

Hi @pookie123 Only one of the 3 will end up going all the way in the oxypot, the other two, well one has a new home waiting and the otherā€¦ well lets not think about that yetā€¦ lol
currently the dripper comes on for 15mins every 6 hours, Ill up that as they grow and the amount of run off starts to drop :-). Cos I have an IP Camera in the tent I can see the results of my changes over the coming hours and have time to think of a plan to resolve issues as they arise :slight_smile:
Current stats from the ā€œBudCamā€:

3 Likes

Well Siphon problem is still thereā€¦ came home to two very full drip traysā€¦ anyway thanks to a design given to me by my new best friend at the grow shop and voilaā€¦ happy days finallyā€‹:sunglasses::grin::grin:

4 Likes

Day 21 from seed.
The runt of the litter is now looking the healthiest by far, the one at the back is so short and tight but on about 4 nodes
The tallest one is hinting at pre flowers I thinkā€¦ Iā€™ll have to get them out in daylight next weekend for a lookā€¦ nearly decision time for which one to keep.
:grin::grin: but how do I choose ??

3 Likes

Are these feminized seeds?

I would work with the front left one.

All are still looking hungry.

Brain dysfunction.

I would work with the front right one!

1 Like

Hi @99PerCent Im still having problems feeding them, currently im using a segment timer to drive the pump for the dripper, that means minimum drip on time is 15 mins every 6 hrs, thats almost flooding the drip trays To fix it ive ordered another sonoff plug which has timer increments of a minute so I can get my dripper feeding for 5mins every 6 hours and see how that works then play with it to get the balance right. Ive upped the CF of the feed to nett 11, a little strong but the plants have deffo looking on better colour especially the new growth. Yep they are feminised but i wanted to be 100% before I chose my victim :smiley:

and there she(?) is :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jobs doneā€¦ siphoned off the drip traysā€¦ bought a hand pump thingā€¦ excellent no more nutes for me :grinning::grinning:
Replaced the gaffa tape capping off my anti siphon mod with a proper 13mm stopperā€¦
Setup my new sonoff plugā€¦ set it to drip every 6 hours for 7 mins that should slow the runoff while hopefully feeding the plantsā€¦
They are looking okā€¦ tall one has nice lower branches formingā€¦ I think I might move her to the Oxypot at the weekendā€¦ or maybe early next week :expressionless:

2 Likes

Some additions to my internet of things :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Wellā€¦ transfer doneā€¦ pretty decent rootsā€¦ hopefully she will thrive :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice formā€¦ quite tight in thereā€¦

2 Likes

Hopefully have a home for the othersā€¦ meanwhile :grin::grin:

3 Likes

Looks like the recent adjustments worked.

Hang tight dude, winter isnā€™t done with us yet.

1 Like

Day 25 from seedā€¦
The one in the Oxypot is Honeysuckle, one of my freebiesā€¦ Iā€™ve tied her over a bitā€¦ thereā€™s interesting new growth around the nodeā€¦ get some light on it and it wonā€™t hurt to tie it down nowā€¦ get it ready for the netā€¦ :grin:
Had to rinse the drippers through salt build up was clogging the holesā€¦ no biggyā€¦ made up some feed for the two others
The one on the left is a northern high lightsā€¦ the stockier one is Knockoutā€¦ all from Gorilla Seeds uk. Happy to recommend themā€¦ if I knew a few weeks ago what I know and remember nowā€¦ :wink::wink::wink:Iā€™m sure my success with decent seedlings would have been better. Still im happy :grin::grin:

Uploadingā€¦

1 Like