Jacks Nutrients

Thanks for the offer-

Let me know when you’re passing through on your way to Vegas…

1 Like

Jack’s 15-5-15 with calcium nitrate at a 10:1 ratio and a separate stock of magnesium sulfate.

Excess P is responsible for eutrophication of waterways 15-5-15 at 1.0-1.4 EC is more than enough P for fertigation.

The Jack’s bloom booster is used very sparingly at the beginning of flower in thier overly complicated Cannabis specific nute schedule.

The 12-4-16 schedule seems like thier best new line. I have used the 15-5-15 (straight through with autos, cut off 2 weeks before harvest) at work with no problems since before these existed.
https://www.jacksnutrients.com/cannabis-hemp-schedules

3 Likes

Agreed-

I thought their nute chart was confusing as well…

2 Likes

I am currently using Southern Ag 5-11-26 (very similar to Jacks or Peters). You can use the 321 formula start to finish, but a few things I’ve noticed:

• Could use an N bump in veg (can be improved by using mag nitrate instead of epsom as the “1” in 321)
  • Could use a P bump in the first 1-2 weeks of flower (Jacks recommends 10-30-20, I am supplementing Fertilome 9-58-8 right now)
  • Could use a K bump at the end of flower (Jacks recommends 7-15-30, I have been supplementing MKP)

Some strains will complain about 1 or more of these things in strict 321 start to finish. That’s why Jacks cannabis schedule uses mostly 321 interspersed with some of their other formulations like @Papalag is saying.

16 Likes

I was looking at this one over the weekend. I’d love to try it… I might order some soon.

4 Likes

So how does jacks compare to maxibloom in your opinion?

3 Likes

Hey brother I hope you’re well and well lifted this Monday. I just need a quick answer to a quick question. Is there any advantage to adding Potassium Nitrate with MPK? Take care my friend and thanks!

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

2 Likes

Jacks 321 elemental breakdown ppm.

I’ve found my coco needs more Ca in veg.
Jacks-Veg

MKP is potent stuff. A lil goes a long way.
Elements

8 Likes

Never used Jack’s, so I can’t do a direct comparison, but regarding value/cost, I’m just gonna’ leave this right here…

tl;dr: I got almost 3 pounds and spent $6.16 (not including Botanicare Cal-Mag)

6 Likes

Ive never used maxibloom, so i cant really give a solid opinion. I do know of one person who switched to Jacks from GH Maxibloom, and they are having good luck. I also know some who tried Jacks, but liked their other stuff better… ive only used Fox Farms trio and Jacks.

1 Like

I do the same… except I’ve been using the Urban Farms Vegetable Fertilizer in veg. Once that gallon is gone I’ll switch to the Jack’s 20-20-20 which I already have on hand.

I usually add 1TBSP per 5 gallons, but have used as much as 1tsp per gallon (1TBSP = 3 tsp). Besides pHdown, the only other thing I add is the same amount of Cal-Mag. I picked up a gallon of Cal-Mag-Iron from Humboldt’s Secret since it was discounted during the last Amazon Deal Days. My plants seem happier now than when I fed them a different Cal-Mag product.

3 Likes

I have AN micro/grow/bloom to use up but when it’s gone I plan on trying Jack’s 321

3 Likes

If you’re trying to amend the 321 schedule, I haven’t found much use for potassium nitrate. However, I think there is value in potassium sulfate. Usually I consider adding MKP at the end, when the plant does not need more nitrogen.

Usually what I’m trying to do is just tweak 321 using various other amendments. From experimentation, the “safe” rule of thumb is not to exceed half a gram of “other” amendments. You can also do a full swap in some cases. Some example formulas I have been testing are:

(Veg adjusted)
3g Jacks (Southern Ag 5-11-26)
2g Calcium Nitrate
1g Magnesium Nitrate
(option 0.25 Fertilome 9-58-8)

(Bloom adjusted, first 1-2 weeks)
2g Calcium Nitrate
1g Epsom
0.25-0.5g Fertilome 9-58-8

(Finish adjusted, last 1-2 weeks)
2g Calcium Nitrate
1g Epsom
0.25-0.5g MKP (or possibly split 0.5g 50/50 with potassium sulfate)

A more exotic bloom formulation I’m considering this time is:
2g Fertilome 9-58-8
1g Epsom
0.5g Calcium Nitrate

But it definitely could only be useful for a week or so, due to low Ca. This recipe comes very close to Jacks 10-30-20, but still has some Calcium.

Edit: I should note that these are just the ratios I use, and add water until I hit the specific EC target I’m looking for.

13 Likes

Have you ever tried matching their EC schedule? I’m quite surprised to see their “bud set” target EC all the way up at 1.9 already. I have always figured that they must be vegging for a very long time, because I’m usually starting plants in flower at like 1.4-1.5 after 3-4 weeks of veg. Also their veg shows 2.4 EC, which can only mean that is the target for fairly mature plants.

It has made me question if their nutrient ratios need to be adjusted for shorter veg times as well. I think most people don’t veg long enough to hit 2.4 in veg.

6 Likes

That’s what I was looking for. Sorry old and stoned again. Thanks!

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

2 Likes

The only thing I don’t like is they put in grams/pounds why not give the measurements in ml like the little spoon/cup they give you with the Jack’s Classic? Got me a bit confused

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl: I feel like such a dummy :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Just checked the conversion and they are the same :rofl::rofl::rofl: I’ll go sit in the corner now…:pensive::pensive::pensive:

6 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for the link-

Great thread…

1 Like

You’re very welcome,and I’m glad you liked it! It just goes to show that you don’t have to spend a lot to get a lot. I used to use House & Garden’s full line of nutes, which costs more for one run that I now pay for years of grows with Greenleaf Nutrients. It might be comparably priced with Jack’s, but I have no reason to change.

3 Likes