Jacks Nutrients

As ALWAYS, Wisdom from On High!!! Keeping all this in mind for the Summer, Thanks. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I 'preciate ya, got it Bookmarked for future reference, BIG THANKS, Bro!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I have only run the Jack’s with Autos, and we keep it simple running 0.3 seedlings for 2 weeks, 1.0-1.4 for the rest of the cycle.

Some heavy feeders may be able to handle the 2.4, but I generally underfeed rather than overfeed. I am growing some C99 right now at home and they need double the nute strength of everything else. It would probably love the 2.4.

3 Likes

What is this fertilome stuff?

2 Likes

Im part of jacks camp.

I run 2.4g/1.6g/0.8g per gal. This gets to 1.4EC.

I do their finish for last 2 weeks. At a 5:1 ratio to epsom salt to get to 0.8EC. This is around 1.5g and .3g per gal

Im going to try the bloom mix first two weeks if flowering

2 Likes

Jacks is great stuff. GLN basically makes their version of jacks for slightly cheaper. I basically make my own nutrients from acid digestions, but I am doing some side by side test of the GLN (same as jacks) to see if there is a noticeable difference (due to cost). In veg I run a 3-1-2, and achieve that by using 2.5mL/Gal pro-teKt, 3.00g/Gal Part A (5-12-26), 3.00g/Gal epsom salt, 1.00mL/Gal Kelp & Fish (1-3-2), and 6.00 g/Gal Cal-Nit. Gives me a ppm of 320N, 45P, & 196K. When you correct the P & K you end up with 103P & 236K, or an NPK of 320-103-236 (you move the decimal, NOT divide by the smallest); therefor ending up with a ratio of 3.2-1.0-2.3. Works out great and also gives a good PPM of Ca + Mg (with a 3:1 for Ca:Mg)

4 Likes

It’s just MAP and MKP balanced for N/K. Makes a good P supplement because it doesn’t throw off the ratios of the other macros.

There are other companies that supply a 9-58-8 formula. Fertilome is the the brand they sell at my local garden store.

7 Likes

Oh forgive me for the stupid question
This formula is to to be used solo in weeks 3 through 5 or as an additive in my normal feeding schedule ?
Paps

3 Likes

I have used it to amend P during the “bloom” phase. I use it in conjunction with 321. The standard 321 formula I’ve found can be too low on P for some strains (especially with the Lebanese/Syrian I’m running now).

See these formulas from above for reference:

For instance, you could get most of the benefit of the 10-30-20 formula with only amending a little 9-58-8 to 321 in the first 1-2 weeks of 12/12. You can use it to provide 2x or 3x as much P without hardly changing any of the other nutrients or EC. It’s safe to use in the range of 3-2-1-0.25 to 3-2-1-0.5 (where the 9-58-8 is 0.25 or 0.5).

I’m going to try a more extreme supplementation this grow (using the last formulation above). It would use Fertilome 9-58-8 as the “2” in 321 and 0.5 calcium nitrate. This is nearly identical to the 10-30-20 formula, except that it provides something like 25ppm calcium.

12 Likes

Holy shit that is a phosphorous monster :joy:

3 Likes

Great for root vegetables like carrots : ) or a tool to change npk ratios in favor of extra p
Eg if I only had 1/1/3 ( late flower feed ) and I wanted to change it to closer to a 1/4/4 for mid flo you could add it to feed , but to know exactly what your doing and how much to add , you would have to use spreadsheets like @GramTorino to be sure of what your doing : )

3 Likes

I use jacks citrus and jacks aquagold ,I/2 tsp citrus + 1/4tsp aquagold per gallon for veg and flip to
1/2tsp aquagold + 1/4tsp citrus in flower, works for me. Also use with Blumats.

6 Likes

I recently switched from Maxibloom to Jacks as I can no longer get Maxibloom here in Canada.

I do have to mix a few different fertilizers to hit my targets, but it’s pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

5 Likes

Anyone add potassium silicate to their jacks 321? Or fulvic acid?

4 Likes

I have used both. IMO the fulvic isn’t worth it. I haven’t noticed any difference, and good fulvic is kind of expensive. Agsil 16H is a pretty good amendment though.

4 Likes

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of @AquaTerra !! He didn’t have everything I needed, but went out and got it so I could have it.
He got my Jack’s order last night.
I’m so happy I don’t have to try and get it from the states anymore. My last order was held at customs for some strange reason…
Anyways hats off to you good sir!!! You will definitely be hearing from me again.

6 Likes

Your welcome! It’s the least I could do. They have helped me out a bunch.

1 Like

Do you find u have to adjust your 321 to compensate for extra K in the agsil

1 Like

No, not really. I only use it to about 5ppm Si, so the additional K is not too much more than that. It’s not a big enough difference that I worry about it.

4 Likes

I use both. I have high quality fulvic and its expensive, but worth it imho. K2Si2O5 is also a great amendment, (raises the pH like a mofo), so I just use pro-teKt instead for my Si needs. But I always keep some on hand.

1 Like