Jelly Pie grow

The mycelium is creating a cake out of the soil lol. If I see mushrooms pop up it maybe might be shroom shrooms :laughing: I added spores to the soil awhile back

The seedling is doing well. I nearly killed it last night oops :grimacing: involuntary muscle spasm had my knuckles grab and twist the stem snapping it partially. So far it’s recovering

4 Likes

Whelp…the seedling fell over…it’s being supported by a chopstick and twine now.

4 Likes

It happens… can up the light intensity a little when that happens, or lower the light a little bit.

2 Likes

Too late unfortunately. When I found it the stem was shriveled. I tried saving it, but it’s compost now. Started a new seed last night. Blueberry x Jesus OG I got from @Scissor-Hanz back when I started growing.

I’ll change the title of the thread to reflect the new strain

3 Likes

While waiting on the seed to sprout i guess the thread is about the aloe and fern like plant that popped up. There’s also a chive in the pot the seedling died in now apparently lol. It popped up today. It grows fast as last night it wasn’t there and now it’s already over an inch tall.

4 Likes

It’s amazing how fast some plants grow. I cut down a nettle bush a little while ago and it’s regenerating and growing about 5 cm / 2 inches a day. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The seed just cracked itself open as of this morning. I’ll plant it when the taproot gets at least an inch long.

The plant that sprouted 2 little ones with my aloe is loving its home at least. It was briefly stunted somehow, but almost overnight after 2 days stress they just shot up. I’ll add something about my aloe though. It seems to like being watered every week vs every 3 weeks. They shrivel up at the tips when I wait 3 weeks like every single grow guide says. I just give them a lot of light and they’re thriving in wetter soil than they apparently want.

3 Likes

Wtffffff! The seed sprouted leaf side out. I went to look at it through light after my last update and it was chunky. I opened the bag to look at it and it was sprouted backwards… I immediately planted it and we will see how it develops.

5 Likes

Happens with people too, sometimes babies don’t do the backflip in the womb. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

May it remain unbothered and unfuckwithable, and grow like a fire in a hay barn!

5 Likes

It officially sprouted as of yesterday when I dug it out of its prison. It was stuck 3 inches down.

5 Likes

1 Like

Sadly while I was in the hospital the seedling shriveled :cry: it can possibly recover, but I’m not really expecting it to. So much for a head start this year.

In case the seedling doesn’t recover I started a Jelly Pie seedling. If it does recover I do have another large pot to put it in. I’m legitimately curious how my lemon balm has been since I moved. :thinking: it was impossible to kill even in winter, so when I go pick up the thing finally I’ll see if it can survive -10f cold and 8 months of pure neglect. My edibles are lacking a certain punch lately and I realized I stopped adding lemon balm to them.

In other news I can finally get high again after a week tolerance break :raised_hands: I needed this high to deal with the stress of the likely dead seedling. When I found it the cotyledons were curled and the while stem was translucent and on the soil. With a small portion of the stem shriveled.

Also if anyone recognizes the plants next to my aloe please tell me what it is? I do kinda suspect it’s Yarrow.

2 Likes

You can try this app called PlantNet, it works surprisingly well!

1 Like

I was able to find out what it was after asking. Like always lol. They are common yarrow seedlings. When I Googled that search term I found a slew of pics showing me that I had yarrow.

1 Like

In case anyone is curious how i start my seeds. I soak them in water until they sink, then I place it in a paper towel near the top and fold it in half. That goes inside a plastic bag left a tiny bit open and a magnet holds it to the side of the fridge to keep it warm. I check on it once or twice a day.

3 Likes

“Gardening folklore says yarrow increases essential oil production in neighbouring plants and that is where it’s at when it comes to cannabis.”

I think a transplant may be in order. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hive mind lol. I will definitely transplant it in the 1 gallon for now

1 Like

Well, the Blueberry x Jesus OG seedling is officially dead.

One yarrow may not survive, but it’s trying hard to stay alive. Maybe it’ll pull through lol.

While I was away from home the aloe even started to die back the tips. I watered immediately to fix the situation and the tips are turning white again slowly.

Everything had 24/h lighting cycle while I was away, so I’ve been working on getting them back on a day/night cycle.

The Jelly Pie seed has cracked open and the taproot is just barely visible.

4 Likes

I imagine the yarrow can take quite a beating being wild. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Amazing that aloe vera can reverse brown tips!

3 Likes

Rolled a nice grandfather/generation joint. I used up around 1g in roaches to 1g weed. Most of the roaches were from hash joints too. Honestly I’m pretty happy with how this cone came out.

I saved them up in an antique ash tray in the shape of a grasshopper. Honestly it hits nice, but I’m biased as I love how CBN feels.

I rolled it to celebrate a few things. No more blood when I cough up mucous, the seed is viable as well as an early sprout, and my fiance has work off tomorrow. I also wanted to shrink the roaches down a bit too. I have a valentines day cone to roll.

5 Likes