Jetdro's 1st run here at the new Overgrow

Ha!..Now you have the chameleon power, of a senior citizen…

I have had a clean record, my entire life… If/when I decide to break the law (or at least with the possibility of getting caught), it will surely be when I am older haha.

The courts can’t be that mean to a senior…Can they?

K.

7 Likes

Heh glad things have finally changed with the law around cannabis. (In some places anyway) lol I’m in Canada so it’s finally legal but the actual flower quality from these dispensaries is shitty. Only the “illegal” medical dispensaries have some really top notch stuff.

I’d love to try it out jet, definitely interested in trying these out. So is it living soil?? I’ll have to do 2 more harvests before I jump into it ! I know nothing about hydroponics, only been growing in promix soil lol but would love to learn more.

8 Likes

Know nothing of Hydroponics…GOOD, lol…'cause Octo’s are NOT hydroponics.
The plant is grown in a 6 gallon fabric “sleeve” that promotes air pruning. Not getting into that here, but it means good things for your roots. In MINE, I run a simple but extremely effective 4 part organic soil made from shit you can actually source. Sorry, no angel dust, W. African Honey Bee pre cum, free radical whatever the fucks, just simple soil mix.
That sleeve sits down into a 6 gallon reservoir filled with water and your food of choice. MINE is again, simple organic food, 1 formula for veg, another for flower. Given at same level entire run. Plant is NOT watered from top, forcing her roots to go deep, and she is fed and watered completely from the bottom. Plant DECIDES when and what to eat n drink.

Promix is good soil…2 people I know use it in their own Octopots, I prefer my own because it is not too hot aND DOESNT COME TO ME COMPLETE WITH BUGS.

10 Likes

Those octopots look pretty interesting. Is the fabric pot just sitting immersed in the reservoir a bit, or is there a wick or something? Do you empty the reservoirs out to clean them or just keep topping them up?

6 Likes

The fabric sleeve has an open bottom with 2 loops . A special NET POT fits and is held by those 2 loops, then
goes down into the rez, locking in with a twist motion. Net pot rests on bottom, net pot is big n tall, so no soil is in the rez, even if rez if completely full. Net pot flares out to sleeve diameter so it also makes a solid base for the sleeve to sit on.
Never have to empty rez, only fill. No air required, the wicking action, along with the breathing sleeve, keep the rez from going aerobic.

The water n feed naturally “wick” up the soil and the sleeve, creating “ZONES” .

The 4 ladies you see on my 4x4 screen now, are in 4 ocotopots. Not going into it, but the rez level is changed during different stages of growth, depending upon what I want. At THIS stage(9 days into turn) they have 3 gallons in each pot, sucking a gallon per day, let them go 2 days, then back to 3 gallons. Later on, they will be at 6 full gallons, and HAVE TO BE filled every day, as they will suck 4-5 gallons per day each in full on bloom.
Rez is never fooled with other than to add water/feed through.

What it looks like by itself:

16 Likes

Oops lol Aaahh ok and I understand what you mean now. It is a really cool idea! Taking the best of soil and hydro and combining them! Awesome. I can see how this would be less maintenance. Something I could see myself getting into in the future ! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That is a Bad Ass set up Jetdro…Looks tight… I have never seen a set up like that. I wonder if this could work for a no-till application? I have never bottom fed before, and it makes sense to do so. So this is what you call an “Octopot”? Awesome.

This is very interesting…

The Old Dog, with the new tricks :wink:

K.

9 Likes

THAT setup above, is when I go full on a FOR ME ONLY run, lol. Last time that was used was near 3 years ago.
Yield was stupid, 3 different plants in there went over a pound dried n cured. Tent is 9 or 10 feet tall, the ladies used it all.

Kept me in bud for 2.5 years, now firing back up to fill jars again, lol. Only running ONE of the lights from above, on a 4x4 screen to get some Bud, and “hunting” something good on the small screen under the T5’s. Once I find 4 I want to HAVE(have 1 now) I will fire up exactly like above, all 3 with 10 Octopot’s, and limit out on my favorites.

That is kind of my cycle in this last decade.

11 Likes

Well well, looks like I’m late to the party! it’s poppin in here!

LMAO I’m loving reading your criticisms of the chucky’s bride and cloudwatcher… like a 4th grader :joy: :smile: Go easy on me when you get to mine will ya? :wink: :smile: Killer job all around Jetdro. I’m here for the show. :popcorn:

Don’t get me started on that frigging GMO Alien Peanutbutter Wedding Cookie Breath #4!!!

also I hate to inform you but if you aren’t using W. African Honey Bee pre cum foliar feeds you’re doing it wrong. :joy: :joy_cat: Love your sense of humor bro, glad you joined here. This is gonna be a good show.

11 Likes

Nice to see you sneak in here and set the fire alarms off!! lovely canopies you got there. glad to see another survivor. Welcome to a slightly larger experience. :wink:

9 Likes

More great posts from jetdro! I can read them all day lol! That octopot set up is awesome. I think I should look into them. I wonder if they would work with coco?

5 Likes

Really cool concept. When you read about them online everyone who has them seems to really love them!

5 Likes

As you will see, I tend to call them the way I see them. I KNEW Chucky’s Bride, grown her dozens of times!!! WHY ON EARTH
I put her in that screen is beyond me. Actually, it is because she is the best tasting best BUZZ weed I have ever had, lol. My jars of her are near gone, my subconscious mind took over and placed her in there. She is like some of these YouTube video’s I have seen. Vid zooms in on a horrible looking young kid, she opens her mouth, you see her 8 teeth all gnarly, then she starts to sing…
OMG a thing of beauty, you almost cry it was so touching. Y’all seen one of them I am sure…THAT is Chucky!!! You CURSE her in the trim, you look at the little jars she filled and say NEVER AGAIN. Then you roll a joint of it, just the dry hit makes ya GRIN, 1 puff in…you forgot all that other shit, LMAO!!!

This is a cut n paste from a friend, who has described Chucky’s Bride to a T:

jar appeal - 7.5/10

It’s covered in trichomes, but a bit dull in color after trimmed. Nice calyx to leaf ratio from both parents, nice dense and chunky buds.

Smell - 9.5/10

I have never smelled cannabis this good, everything comes through. The cheese especially and the sharp acidic pineapple comes to the nostrils making the jar smell like an appetizer plate of cheese and fruit. I get the most compliments for it, and pass that on to esko.

Taste - 8.5/10

Obviously, more cure time that 10 days comes into play here and this score with go up over the next week/month. A lot similar to the smell, more cheese on the tongue, very pleasant, lip smacking how the pineapple plays on the tongue like bubbly soda. A slight resemblance to bubble gum right at the start but as soon as the saliva flows from the intense flavor, cheese and pineapple are there for a long time. Will be a high 9 for sure.

High 9/10- Holy shit cans. Not for the faint at heart. There is nothing mellow about this as you would think the cheese brings but the C99 just dominates every aspect of the high. 3.5-4 hrs before you float back down to reality. Very speedy, makes the conversation in a group almost retarded, like we were all on a mid grade cocaine buzz. When you smoke around the one gram mark too yourself, things get pretty interesting. Awesome for making music, exercise, partying, depression, and a small dose is great for a wake n bake. Just not too much :smiley:

Final Grade : 8.75/10

Kept the cut, she’s a keeper.

AGREE on all points but speedy. To me she is not speedy. Also, he is CORRECT, with a cure, she has a taste of 9.875!!!

Ok, done with Chucky…Cloudwatcher X Stardog, big mistake on my part too! My friends strain, I have run “Cloudwatcher” many many times. Superb bud. THIS POS in my screen is his Cloudwatcher X Stardog. I had never run one, nor him either, putting it in the screen was stupid. It is a poor vegging plant, with terrible structure, Hell, Chucky’s Bride is making her look stupid!!!

So, I made a few mistakes, I am a typical stoner, so it is to be expected, lol. One thing I DID get right was throw 2 Goji’s on that screen. Since they are my Goji x Holy Grail Kush cross, and from seed, I had no clue WHO I would get on that screen. I had run 6-8 of them before, all were excellent, so I took the gamble on those 2 also. That gamble paid off, as both of the Goji are kicking ass on the screen. I have yet to find anything but great in this cross seed stash I have.

I spilled the W. African Honey Bee Pre Cum foliar feed while mixing it…oh shit, what am I gonna do. Raced up to the Hydro store, they had ALL MANNER of boosters, additives, uppers, downers, you name they be having it…and it is $$$$$$ too!!! Nectar of the Gods…YEAH RIGHT!!! I decided this run will be without all that must have shit!

lol

Better pic’s of the Octopot’s so y’all (Texas) have a idea how they work. Looking at these you will understand how they operate.
The little red thing is a rez level indicator. :slight_smile:

So, as you see it is very simple. Good quality plastic, nothing leaks, no light gets into the rez, easy to fill, pretty much self contained.

When I run just a few, fill by hand, when run many, 30 gallon fill tank with pump n hose.

Hey ARGO945…you the SAME ARGO I know…from elsewhere ??? If so, hello! If not,
Hello!!!

15 Likes

Thanks for giving us a closer look at how the octopot works Jetdro. I was trying to visualize it last night and I just couldn’t figure it out but now it all makes sense.

4 Likes

See the nice round hole bottom of net pot? That “locates” onto a peg coming off the bottom of the rez. Twist 1/4 turn, locks it into place.

That bottom portion of the net pot rest in the water in the rez. Wicks through the small “slots” you see on it’s side.
The nice raised top, where my thumb is on the net pot, fits SNUG into the sleeve, and wedged against the inner sides of the removable top panel, keep the sleeve straight.

The stick with the foam balls is the level indicator. Pretty simple, no issues in MANY runs inside and outside . The grow sleeves will take about 5-6 runs before they become tattered and have to be replaced. If you look at the stem pic above, you will see what I mean, this will be last run for that bag, it’s 7th run!

Any manner of “filler” can be put in the sleeve. Like I said, I run organic soil, simple 4 part mix. The KEY is to make sure the soil will WICK WELL> It has to be “loose” without being too loose. The sleeve will set up about 4-5 “zones” offering different moistness levels, so plant can place roots where she wants to. 40% perl/vermic lite does the trick .

The earlier the plant is started in the pots, THE BETTER they preform. Place a root bound plant from a small container in them, not too much is going to happen, THOSE ROOTS are use to surface feeding, and will most likely not go down very well. Place a JUST SHOWING ROOT’s cut in one…give it 2 weeks to establish…then just fill the rez, get out of it’s way.

Can feed whatever you want also. I personally, run on the LOW LOW LOW side. Nothing in my soil but good soil, lol, and little food.

By the way, my name is Jet. I USE TO RUN Hydro, 2.5 decades of it…why JetDro…

Just Jet will suffice now, as JetOcto does not have that ring to it…:sunglasses:

9 Likes

After reading something on here today, I wanted to make something clear. It is one of my pet peeve’s, and from the post I read that made me type this out, I am not alone in my thinking.

ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING, seed, clone, rooted cut, non rooted cut, bud, WHATEVER it is…

When I send it to YOU(anyone) IT REPRESENTS ME AND MY WORK!!! Just that simple. I feel like it is a part of me, and I WILL make sure it REP’s me WELL!!! I want people to go WOW…NOT Oh NO!!!

I would NEVER send plants with PM, seen or not seen, PM NEVER goes away, a cut of a cut of a cut of cut…will STILL have it!!! You can not rid a plant of it once infected…sorry, but that is just the way it is.

Sending non rooted cuts in dry Rapid Rooter’s to die in the mail…NOT my style either!!!

Mite infested cut’s, NOT GONNA HAPPEN ON MY WATCH!!! NEVER EVER EVER would send a “bug’d” cut or plant, to anyone.

Seeds from unknown origins…naw, not gonna do it…lol.

Your Killer genetic, you hunted through 2 females to find…that pulled down an oz per plant…NOPE

I spend SO MUCH time making sure my runs are Pm/Pest free. I KNOW what mites can do, and your just KIDDING YOURSELF if you think your producing GOOD bud if you have mites…FACT!!! Same with Pm.

I PRIDE myself on a “CLEAN” run. 100% organic(nothing against any other way) and 100% NOTHING EVER SPRAYED on the ladies.

I know I am new here, why I wanted to say something about this. I LOVE to trade. I just want people to know if I am trading with you, your gonna get EXACTLY what I said you would. If your trading with me, I always expect the same, but prepare for the worst, lol. I WILL NOT take PM cuts…I WILL take cuts with mites(why…'cause 90% of growers have 'em) I JUST ASK TO BE TOLD UP FRONT about it.

Sorry to rant, read a post that sent me here…lol…

Watch my run here, this is how I run. So far, all these ladies have had is water, good soil, and lite organic feed. It will finish exactly like that too. It is not easy to achieve that, took me years to get to this point, and I am not planning on changing anytime soon. I KNOW taking genetics from strangers is a risky business, lol. I just want to let the ones I will trade with know I am on the up n up, and will 100% stand behind anything I send out!!!

Rant over!!!

9 Likes

I can’t say I disagree with any of what you said Jet.

I’m in the camp of I’ll never accept cuts from anyone no matter what. GMO Miracle Alien Peanut Butter Wedding Cookie Breath #4 NO THANK YOU! :joy: I could care less about hype and have no problems finding my own dope plants. There’s a certain joy in popping seeds and finding your own keepers. Also steady seed popping keeps things fresh and clean imo.

6 Likes

Agree…but I LOVE running cuts. Especially cuts from PROVEN plants.

I am going to get my loved cut of straight Goji back…'cause I gave a bunch out a few years ago. Now that I no longer have her, it was nice to know she lives on…and I can have her back.

5 Likes

YEE HAW…getting close to sitting back n chillin, and just watching the show go on. I have now put in the “Work”, a day or two from now I will have to do a touch more “straightening” but then I am DONE!!! Then I become just an observer!!!

The plants were/are a mess under that screen. I had to let the 2 Goji’s get big enough to make up for “Spindly” and “POS” .They are so big and “weaved” it is still not quite done, but almost. Now they can come up through the screen, do their thing, and I can move on to something else. (with the Octo’s, it is all auto pilot now, I ONLY need to keep the rez filled and stand back)

The screen before they go vertical:

A look under their skirt :slight_smile:

My "Mom setup…is CROWDED!!! Come on lil screen finish up so I can dump 60% of these.

HEY FIDDY

Goji X HGK at 35 days: Run under 200 watts of ferocious T5 PPPPOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWEEEERRRRRRRR!!! lol!!

200 watts

Hey FIDDY Chucky’s Bride same age: Cant you just SMELL HER from there…??? LMAO!!!

Well, I am set for a few days. Let big screen recover and untangle itself, while I figure out what to do with my “Papa’s Punch” seedlings(Goji x Sugar Punch).

Thinking their name will change to “Garbage Can” …long story, IF it pans out I shall 'splain…

L8R bro’s and ho’s…

Peace,

Jet

12 Likes

Really getting interested in those octopots! Haha deadly setup, clearly know what you are doing my friend. It took me almost 45 mins to water my TWO plants in 3 gal buckets lol. Pain in the ass, mostly because my girlfriend was rushing me to go out! Lol. But yeah octopots seem to be in my future setup heh.

5 Likes