Jetdro's 1st run here at the new Overgrow

Lol cousins?

Nice setup Jet , I’ve seen them before but never saw any of them setup and actually do what it says it will do lol I like em … I grow Dwc, but love the dirt too. When I did grow in dirt and when I do , I have always fed from the bottom, I put the pots in a tray and fill the tray with water and let them suck up what they want, I noticed it helped the roots grow much faster ,reaching for the moisture at the bottom of the pot. Obviously your setup is a much cleaner and lot more controlled which I like lol but it works on the same principle … bottom feeding .

4 Likes

Just a different take on bottom feeding is all. I like soil, why they appeal to me. They work, you will see that here
in just a few weeks. Bottom feeding works, I am a believer in it.

4 Likes

Not cousin’s, or even related! Both 'tards however.

I knew Chucky’s Bride (Spindly) was limp wristed, but had no clue about POS. Chucky will be ok on the screen, POS is another story. Will teach me to run unknown strains on a big screen …I will make it work somehow…lol.

3 Likes

I have no doubt you’ll have those things rocking brother… the setup looks like it’s doing what’s it’s supposed to be doing already , looking forward to seeing it blow up … I’ll probably grab a single one in the future and give it a try , some strains do a lot better in dirt than water.

2 Likes

Git er Done lol

Getting POS right , will just add to your experience level :slight_smile: and maybe a little to your headache too :wink:
She’ll probably smoke real nice tho.

1 Like

I left her in because I have the same plant in my little 'Mom" screen. She is producing beautiful Buds that REEK in there…
so…just have to deal with it.

2 Likes

BOTH me and the ladies are GLAD the frigging “Tuck” is DONE!!! They were set free yesterday afternoon, here 1/2 day later, they are enjoying their freedom…me too!!! Because I used 3 different strains, it will not be the prettiest scrog in town, but it is what it is.

Appears I made a good guess when I choose Goji#1 for the big net. My Mom screen tells me that ALL 5 of the different Goji’s will be awesome(AGAIN!!.. this cross has yet to produce anything other than stellar results) but there are some differences. Goji #1 smells of big time CITRUS, she will lean towards my original Goji(a good thing) . Goji # 6 smells of GRAPE…hmmmmmm, never had that before. Goji#5 smells of Citrus/Kush…will lean towards the Holy Grail Kush side.
The others are a cross of citrus/Kush smells…NO FUEL(:sunglasses:) as usual!!!

Both of the Goji in the big screen are plant #1. Besides reeking of citrus, she obviously grows very well in VEG anyway. They had no trouble taking up their part of the screen. This pheno also has NO SIGNS of over fert(some Goji are very nute sensitive and will "CLAW: even at mid nute level) nor any other issues. Course, in the Octopots, I have yet to see a single issue with either food or water. Now, lets see if Pheno #1 makes BUDS!!! (she will)

The “Mom” screen has several Chucky’s Bride’s on it. Pheno hunting, looking for one that actually yields something. 2 of them are typical “spindly” …but 1 has some promise, 34 days in I think. IS IT THE ONE in my big screen…do not know, have not had the heart to look yet…lol:

The left half of the Mom screen:

Finally, WHY I left POS (Cloud watcher X StarDog) on the big screen, even though she grows like shit. This is her, and the SAME plant in my big screen, on the little MOM screen. She is absolutely covered(with 5-6 weeks to go!!) , so sticky I cannot touch her, and she REEKS OF STARDOG!!! Cloud Watcher goes 11 weeks average, forgot how long StarDog goes, been a while since I ran her. When I enter the Mom screen room, there is beautiful scent of citrus, fruit, and dark berries…then WHAM…the StarDog HITS!!! When you smash her bud, then smell it real close…it is almost overpowering. THIS plant may grow like SHIT, but FOR SURE she will pack a punch!!! Assuming the POS ever gets above the freaking net that is…She is NOT a "screen friendly strain, lol) live n learn.

I am seeing different expressions in all my plants this run. I am running 11/13 instead of 12/12, and the plants are showing me different sides to them. The 5 Goji’s, although reeking of “Goji” do NOT look like what I have run before,. Just amazing the difference this light schedule makes. My big screen is also running 11 light, so that should show me the same traits as the ladies on the Mom screen.
So far, the differences I can tell from knowing the strains pretty well…More “color” to the Buds, and showed much earlier. A bit different smells. Growth is different, but will tell more when they hit weeks 7/8. No doubt, MORE goo production at this stage(could be the T5’s 2 inches off their heads too) and stretching further down the plant to.

The large screen is running the Nuclear Reactor HPS Gavita DE…the Mom screen the lowly T5’s. Be interesting to see IF THE LIGHT will make much difference. Not in yield (cause it WILL) but in expression, taste, n flavor.

This run is an experiment for me. Cool to have the Octo’s so dialed in I can change other things in the environment and KNOW the plants will be supported properly, and I CAN SEE the difference the environmental change actually makes. Both rooms same temp, humidity, light schedule, and on same feed. Both rooms in same exact soil, just one top fed, the other bottom fed.

Peace,

Jet

:sunglasses:

10 Likes

That nitrogen sensitivity is very common in all of the snow lotus crosses. Any snow lotus dominant pheno will do that. I HATE IT! however it’s an easy way to select the plants that lean towards the mommas side.

Flowers are looking wonderful Jet especially considering T5.

4 Likes

Yeah, I know all about the S.L. Dom pheno…TROUBLE IS…I LOVE THAT PHENO…makes my grows look like
I AM THE 4th grader…BUT the “Claw Bitch” as I call her, makes STUNNINGLY potent and HAPPY HAPPY high weed!!!

I have the “Claw Bitch” in my new Mom room. Plant #4 I believe. ALREADY has the claw 4 weeks up from the ground…lol…
As usual, all her upper and new growth is just fine, her big fans claw…SO GLAD, for my 1st grow HERE, that “Claw Bitch” did NOT make it on the big screen, lol. It would have just been ugly to see that on the big screen. Would NOT have mattered in yield (Claw Bitch will YIELD when run right) or power, but I would have been embarrassed…LMAO!!!

YEAH…NEVER flowered under T5’s before…starting to get impressed! .Will they be baseball bat Buds…NOPE, but they appear like they will attain good size, already can tell they WILL be hard, NOT airy, and they are all getting covered and have excellent “nose” to them!!! Thinking THIS will be the way pheno hunt from now…very easy to do, takes none of my time.

Pfire…SO COOL…just SO COOL that in only a few days here, I run into someone like you(and 2 others so far!!!) who can ACTUALLY GROW, can write a compound sentence, and HAVE KNOWLEDGE of the plants!!!

When I saw you post …Snow Lotus Dom…I SMILED!!! A kindred spirit!!! Betting I have others here too!!! SO GD NICE to LEAVE the “Kiddie Board” and the “dead board” and find THIS PLACE!!! It is like the ole days, maybe even better now!!!

The “Claw Bitch” Snow Lotus Dom Pheno…here she be as a seedling…thought I would post “HER” up, so others who might be “pheno hunting” will know her. This is how she starts her claw. I t will get much worse in flower, but NOT AFFECT the bud in any way that I have seen…in fact, SO FAR, the S.L Leaner has been the most potent of them all.
I will run #4, just not post it here so I do not look stupid…lol

My Goji x Sugar Punch lil ones are kicking it and showing true vigor!! I "worked " them so much, they still refuse to show me pre flowers…argh!!! I am thinking of doing a “Seed Run” on here with these. Just cannot figure out exactly how to go about it.

8 Likes

I guess I shouldn’t say hate lol. It’s really a love/hate relationship. I hate to grow it, love to smoke it. :smile:

The Goji x Sugar Punch are looking fantastic. Perfect health. :ok_hand:

What about doing the seed run are you unsure about?

2 Likes

Well a few things. 1) No one has ever smoked it, has never been made before. Were I to do a seed run for myself, I would just do as I normally do, and only hand pollinate a single branch per plant. THAT would not give us the seeds needed to pass out.
So, I would have to do a full on seed run.

IF i full on seed run them, I will not really be able to tell who is the real winner…so

Wonder if I could call it a seed run, BUT run the ladies on my small screen(pheno hunt screen) as usual, and take cut’s off each one as usual, but run them concurrently side by side. I would let the “cut’s” go full on pollination(with ONE selected Male) and keep my Mom screen Sinsemilla . I could run them just about the same time, IF I took cuts now, and “worked” the females a bit before going onto the screen.

That way, I can test the Bud, and have a seed run at same time. I would KNOW who the best plant was by the time the seeds were finished up…

Think THAT would work??? Or have a better idea for me. I KNOW KNOW KNOW there is MAGIC in this cross, I just FEEL it, know it!!! Just like I KNEW Goji x HGK would kill, this will be even better. I DO NOT want to run them seeded, as I am looking for my own personal keeper from these.

Been driving me nuts since I told Sebring I would do it. I just want to do it right!!!

AND…big AND…Will anyone want to run seed from an unknown cross if I do not do it my way, and be able to show the ladies and give my smoke impression of them . IF I just run these, and fully seed them, would anyone want the seeds??? I got no clue…I KNOW I would, but then again, I KNOW what went into this cross, and have grown out both parents.

HELP…

LOL!!!

2 Likes

Hrmm that’s a tough one. You could always pollinate most of the whole plant and just leave the tops seedless for judging sake. I think taking the cuts now and training the moms would make things a little smoother.

also I just want to throw this out there lol. I’ve never met anyone to agree with me and they all poopoo all over the idea while never making seeds in their life but it’s my experience. It’s my opinion that seeds don’t negatively affect potency. Infact I think seeded bud adds some extra layers to the complexity of the high. I don’t ever shuck my seeds, I just pick them out by hand slowly over the course of weeks/months as I smoke the buds lol and I always get baked.

But seeded tops would make it hard to judge the visual appeal of the flowers in their natural state.

Follow that intuition Jet! If you can feel it, do it! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks man…and I KNOW I will get flamed any way I run it…nature of the beast, I’m good with that.

I think in the next few days I am going to take cuts from all the lil ones…

2 Likes

So…your telling me, IF I just run one set of the ladies, and do a full on pollination, I WILL STILL be able to access the Buds
Taste, flavor, potency, and growing habits in flower?

:racehorse:

2 Likes

Yes absolutely. Check out these Caramel Candy Kush buds from an almost fully seeded plant. All but these tops were seeded and even then there’s a few seeds in those. Still frosty as can be with great smell and flavor.

I’m not 100% sure on this because I’ve only made seeds a few times but here’s my observation. I think the key to ensuring the flowers still develop almost as they would seedless is to seed fairly early, between day 14-21, whenever the first little wave of flower formation happens. It won’t give you massive seed yields like you would want for seed sale production but you can still get a couple/few hundred from a small plant in a 2 gallon pot this way. Also I think it’s important to make sure they get plenty of food. I seen Nspecta make a post about that before and it really makes sense.

6 Likes

Starting to get impressed with POS!!! She grows like SHIT in VEG, but is making up for it in flower. The stink is
almost over powering when she is touched.

Big screen is almost straightened out already, by end of this week it will be. This coming Monday they go on Flower food .

POS is CloudWatcher, a friends strain. The one I am running is Cloudwatcher X StarDog…1st grow of her.
This is "CloudWatcher " straight up, day 43, she goes 11 weeks usually.,

Peace,

Jet

11 Likes

Wow, looking nice as always lol! Hey can you buy those octopots in Canada??

3 Likes

I do not know…imagine so…go check out his website and email him. Owner is Chris, VERY cool dude, that KNOWS HIS SHIT!!!

4 Likes

Alright cool. Thanks… is it hard to change the Rez under that scrog ??

YOU never change it…never open it up…you just remove 1 “plug” from the top , and fill them .

When I said “change to flower feed” …what I meant was: Let rez go to near dry(let the ladies suck up the last of the “Veg” food) then fill back up with the Flower food.

NOPE, can fill all for of them in less than 5 minutes total time…remember, I have a 30 gallon garbage can sitting in an upstairs shower, with a small pump and hose. LONG wand with shut off valve on it…I stand up, put the nozzle in the lil hole, open the valve, fill the rez…move to the next one…easy peezy…

The underside of my scrog is clean enough to crawl under. MOST scrogs are too low to get under, but because I run Octopot’s, the net is MUCH higher than your usual one. I can sit Indian style under it, W/O my head touching the screen. Makes it easy to clean under there, and I can “route” the ladies up through the screen…from underneath…

11 Likes