Jinglepot’s Grow and Adventures

Yeah, rhere are different sizes, these ones are 14" square, ive got some 12" ones as well.
Buy them on store… they are priced outrageously high online

2 Likes

Here is the recovery of healthy plants after a MAJOR defoliation/strip/prune and subsequent Bug-b-gone applications after the discovery of aphids. The rebound and vitality of these plants is astounding. There is more new growth and vigor along with filling out and a way better green colour. These plants have always been happy… but never this happy! Only 5 days since the strip down!

Day 1
c736d82091bdcc19b874e62406928728550697c2_2_375x500.jpeg 05da32a544badf6dc253dc1541934d16b22ad2de_2_666x500.jpeg

Day 3

Day 5

29 Likes

Damn, hope they recover. I’m just getting over an infestation myself.

3 Likes

Thanks. I can’t find any more bugs :crossed_fingers: but I’m going to give them 1 more spray to be sure… this time with pyrethrin

5 Likes

I’ve never used that, just some diatomaceous earth and Safers 3-1. Pretty sure my infestation came from a donor plant that I introduced as well. Chalk that up for a lesson learned the hard way. The mites liked the blueberry muffin that I had.

3 Likes

I used the diamotacious earth onto of the soil on on the floor of my grow room. The hydro store owners suggested bug b gone over safers to me. Ive used safers in the past with decent results, but it tool me a while to trust it, lol

4 Likes

Aphids are one of the few life forms I feel nothing but satisfaction killing. They’re messy and nasty and reproduce so quickly. Even if they don’t kill the plant they ruin it. Who wants to smoke bug asses? ~Shudder~

Pyrethrin, diatoms and Safer’s for me. I never bring outdoor plants inside and I wash cuttings.

4 Likes

Used Rove Beatles with good success. They eat most soft body leaf chewers.

2 Likes

Ugh, I used ladybugs once… never again, there were so many eggs and larvae/nymph stage lady bugs all through out my plants even after 4 washes they were still in there… they ate all the aphids though :laughing:

11 Likes

I used them outdoors enough over the years I have a decent yard population of ladybugs.

4 Likes

Yeah outdoors I’ve never had a pest problem. There is always a balance. Lots of lady bugs too, here. I have actually been extremely fortunate worh my indoor grows especially in the fall when I often veg outdoors all summer then flower inside. But hey, it’s the risk you take with unprotected planting :laughing:

12 Likes

Beauty first day on the mountain!

Home and tired, warmed by the fire and Christmas dinner leftovers to fill the belly

A few doobs and a nightcap up next!

27 Likes

What a day! Congrats. I never learned to ski or snow board but it looks fun!

3 Likes

Looks like a beautiful first day at the mountain!

2 Likes

There is no place I’d rather be than soaring down the mountain on a blue bird day :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Not looking too bad, the B-inlaw said the conditions there were crap before the holidays them having season passes but looks like they improved a bit since the weird weather, i got a day up north over the holidays where it was +1 at the base when we went odd that it was -46 two days previous to that.

3 Likes

That’s TOO cold, lol

The conditions were just OK. The is under 2 feet of snow amd anything off piste is chucked and icy, lol

3 Likes

Dude! You’ve got me super jealous, I’m still in the mid Atlantic till tomorrow before we head back home to the mountains, missed out on that big storm that came through here, I’m itching to strap in again

4 Likes

I’m planning a ski trip for February. I want to ski 5 mountains in 5 days. Scenario #1 was my original plan but I’ve skied both Sun Peaks and Big White. The rest of the Scenarios are mountains I haven’t skied. I want to do #2 the most, but I’ll probably stick to #3 or #4 this time

10 Likes

Well, we almost started 2023 off on the wrong foot… it was a close call. I smelled the burning plastic when I went put to check my plants this morning slightly moved my inkbird cord and BANG! The plug exploded and then kept burning on fire until I smothered it. This is the second inkbird to melt on me… the other one was nowhere near as bad, but its unusable. My heater is only 1000w… it says the inkbird controller was good to 1200w. The other inkbird controller melted with a different heater.

Close call.

24 Likes