Jinglepot Showcasing the Mars Hydro FC-4800

30 cm from the tops

2 Likes

Oh yea I went back reread your post, sorry about the stupid question…looking pretty awesome thou…I am getting ready to buy a led znd am very interested in your test here.

2 Likes

Haha, all good! Awesome! I will have some HPS comparison shots too!

5 Likes

Good vibes @Jinglepot :v:t2: Interested to see the light perform, been eyeing the mars hydro bar style lights for a while now to replace the 225 in the 3x3. Stoked to see the results here

3 Likes

Talking a seat, this side by side is going to be interesting :heart:

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

Yo Legs.
There are several threads going, including mine, that are featuring Mars Hydro light kits of various styles and sizes. They are really making their presence felt on OG.

5 Likes

Good to know dude! I thought I remembered you were running the mars gear, Doug too if I’m not mistaken, I gotta find the cash to get one myself I feel like it’ll really make the difference over that HLG 225 single point of light setup

1 Like

So far, these little clones are loving the light as much as i am. Mid day temps are so much lower than with my hps! I can’t belive how cool this light runs at 25%. At 25% I’m getting 8000 lux at 30cm.

27 Likes

Pretty nice, ain’t it?

4 Likes

The plants are growing noticeably every day. No burn, no heat issues… they are even greening up more too, they got pretty pale from the bubble cloners Temps then transplant shock. :ok_hand:

10 Likes

The Green Crack have some friends! Holy Crack!

They plants Love love love this light. I turned it down a touch for the new Holy Crack I added. I’m getting about 5500 lux at the solo cup height just until my seedlings have broken ground and get theor first few sets of leaves. Everything is happy!

29 Likes

Heck of a nice start, my friend.

4 Likes

Gonna have to get another avatar shot as your not all hps yellow anymore :wink:

And plants are looking happy

5 Likes

Yeahhhhh, but its a pretty epic shot of 2 ladybugs doin’ it :laughing::eggplant::sweat_drops::joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

If I was a ladybug, I’d be f*ckin

2 Likes

Another photo bomb. Temps and humidity holding fairly steady. Happy Plants = Happy Plant Dad

25 Likes

Gardening like a PRO, Jingles. Good job Bruddah!

4 Likes

The nights are cooling off and the Mars Hydro FC 4800 definately does not throw the heat like my HPS did. It’s definately going to be an adjustment for me and I’ve always had to deal with overheating. I think this is a good adjustment though as I find it far easier adding heat than cooling a tent space. My large grow room is different as I have both heaters and a large AC, cooling is not an issue.

All the plants are absolutely thrilled with the light spectrum and the intensity. Over the next couple days I’ll see how the seedlings are handling it and adjust as necessary.

I think that these 4 Green Crack, pictured below, are the going to be the 4 that I keep in the tent for the whole grow as they are the most uniform. All the Holy Crack will eventually go to their own tent along with 2 Green Crack (one from each mother), for a back cross with the Holy Crack, then the remaining 8 Green Crack will go into my large 4000w HPS illuminated flower room. :raised_hands:

25 Likes

Nice work, as always, Jingles.

2 Likes

The plants were looking a little sad and paled up a bit, so I gave them a feeding, but what I think was the culprit is the temperatures! So much cooler than my hps. Ive added some heat with my trusty InkBird controller and my heater set on low, pointed away from my plants it’s a much more comfortable temp. Holding between 20°C - 23°C up from 13°C - 18°C. The plants have already perked up :ok_hand:

My very young seedlings are thriving under the MarsHydro LED. No light burn, no stretch… seems perfect. I think I could turn it up a bit for my clones, but I’m going to let the seedlings dictate the level to have it set at for now.

Oh yeah, and this is my buddy Peter. He likes the light too :grin:

29 Likes