Johnny Potseed's Mexico Vacation - Down Memory Lane by way of Acapulco...GOLD, that is!

Hey farmer! I’m happy I had the pack to donate. I think that these seeds were meant for jps, as he was around so much of it being grown growing up. I have full confidence in him. Once again, thank you @JohnnyPotseed for doing this!

6 Likes

Hi there @Upstate, welcome to my little log.
I’ve been using worm castings for a few decades now, never looked back. The magic always happens, no muss no fuss… I use my own sometimes, but if i need to, I just buy a bag. Makes no difference in the result.

7 Likes

Welcome, and thank you, for the words of encouragement and confidence, to all of the OG folks that’ve come to watch this. I’ll be heading out to the barn soon and I’ll take a pic or two to show you the progression on germinating. They should be ready to probably go into cups tomorrow, if not this morning.

11 Likes

Funniest thing happened last night…

Playing cards and having drinks with family and we start talking about cannabis. My father in-law starts revealing that he has smoked a few times in high school. You don’t know this man but it was a bit of a shock and a big deal, especially to my wife. We were all laughing and having fun as he was telling the story and I ask him if he remembers what the strain was because I’m just really interested in that stuff. I shit you not he goes “The GOLD baby!! … Gotta get that GOLD!” and I go “Acapulco Gold?!?” to which he responds “yaaaa mannnnnn!” LOLLLLL I nearly fell off my chair!!! It was one of the highlights of my year for sure.

And that’s what I’m talking about. This strain is epic.

11 Likes

So you are germinating in pure castings then?any perlite? Do you put the seeds on the surface or do you bury them? My goal is to start doing it this way as well, but finding quality castings is difficult in my area. I collected worms some months ago and I’ve had them in a bucket doing their thing. Pretty sure I could use what they have made at this point.

5 Likes

@Upstate here is the link to the thread @JohnnyPotseed posted on the method

8 Likes

@Upstate the worm casting germ worked a treat for me as well

The AP is what I smoked when I first started as a wee little kid ! I’ll just be lurking in the shadows cause I know @JohnnyPotseed is going to kill it !!!

6 Likes

I just bought a bag of pure castings to try. Gotta say, Johnny certainly taught me a new trick… will never go back to my old ways and they worked for 20 years. This way just makes sense, and makes it easy as can be…

3 Likes

Thanks for the link! The Moon is just right for germination now if anybody was thinking about it. The castings I get never have living worms in them. Has anyone purchased castings and found a worm? I would think these would be the best castings you could get.

4 Likes

You mean I gotta pop more beans? Ok.

Best vibes on your vacation @JohnnyPotseed! Always wanted to go there myself.

4 Likes

I used these… and I have seen tiny white baby worms in it…

Germ’d 2 batches with it and all sprouted

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look into these😁

2 Likes

Guess what germination technique BigMike is going to try on his next grow!

9 Likes

My guess is worm castings

Wait is this a trivia question ?..I think it has to have already happened to be trivia…lol

3 Likes

DING, DING, DING!!! We have a winner!!!
You prize? The new improved version of LITFA!!! In the economy gallon size!!!
You’re welcome!

10 Likes

When I just came back on and saw the questions by @Upstate , I was going to post the link but ya beat me to it lol thnx cuz

4 Likes

If I find I need to buy any, the ones on Amazon (the pictured) is what I do buy. the 30lb. bag lol cause when I’m done using it I just toss the rest into my compost bin to enrich it.

7 Likes

It isn’t the “browning method” you mentioned elsewhere is it? :flushed:

1 Like

Maybe I missed something. Browning method???

1 Like

It’s a term “braver” heavy drug users use to refer to a turkey baster of their drug of choice administered in a dark place, and I ain’t talking the hall closet!

I was insinuating that you were keistering them :laughing:

1 Like