Johnny Potseed's Mexico Vacation - Down Memory Lane by way of Acapulco...GOLD, that is!

Thnx to all for the kind words!! I appreciate them, truly.

6 Likes

And then there were 6… sadly two of the 8 didn’t go much further. But the ones left seem to be doing ok.

21 Likes

Look forward to any update even if it’s not the best news.

6 is more than enough to find a keeper! Only takes 1!

All of those seem to be doing swimmingly. Vibes.

How much longer do you wait till the next transplant?

3 Likes

The next up-potting will probably be when they reach about 6-7 weeks old. This is a long vegging, long budding Sativa, the roots take awhile to even think about getting rootbound. It could’ve been done outdoors to be able and reach their true size potential, but it is Fall coming on so no outdoors for these babies, lol gotta keep em indoors and protected. Won’t be as big as they could be. But, it is what it is. Indoors is better IMHO, even at the cost of less yield.

11 Likes

They look great! It’s crazy that Fall is already coming. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah this is definitely a long game. Oh but I can’t wait to see those flowers man!

1 Like

Like i said at the beginning of this thread lol It’s gonna be a long one, around 6 months or so, if not a bit more. I fully intend on giving these girls a good veg life, probably around 2&1/2 - 3 months, before going into flower… and there they’ll go as long as they can. Which as we all know, should be anywhere from 12-14 weeks, if not a bit more. We’ll just have to see! I want to maximize this, for the benefit of the OG community… as well as myself! You can bet your bottom dollar there’ll be a couple of clones taken before they go into flower mode.:crazy_face: :grinning: :+1:

edit… Now that I have the AG in my grasp again, it shall not get away. :rofl:

11 Likes

Fall is still a ways off yet lol The fact that these are 12-14 weeks plants puts them into a ‘danger zone’ timewise, as far as weather. Too ‘iffy’ to put em out and only lose to an early frost or freeze.

edit… by the time they would be ready to go into flowering. about 2-2&1/2 months still, it would be too late to get the full time needed for budding to go full term. IF ONLY lol I had gotten them sooner, I’d be doing probably half and half indoors/outdoors!

3 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed you should put a cut or 2 outdoors in spring. I would love to see it turn into a giant :heart_eyes:

Looking great so far. I can’t imagine better hands for these plants to be in. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thnx for that cuz! I may put some clones out in the spring, but if I do, they’ll be in large pots, probably 25gal, and not in the ground… too many moles eating the roots and I’m not going to put poison in the soil to get rid of em! I have some of those 'solar powered emitters, that’re are supposed to chase em off, but they don’t half work lol

6 Likes

Yeah Johnny I second that notion. I’d love to see one go for the moon too. Then we can imagine 100 acres of them.

5 Likes

Oh believe this lol I’ve been planning on just that!! :rofl: :rofl: :+1:

I figure probably like 10 or so…

5 Likes

You know it’s strange, here we have just about every form of fuzzy from tree rats to groundhogs and I have vegetables and bulbs and whatnot in the ground all year and not a sign of a mole.

1 Like

lol count yourself lucky then! These little F’ers are alllll over this property! lol My dogs chase em trying to dig em up, and now and then even catching one RIP! lol

3 Likes

I can see you getting someone to trench around all your growing patches until your yard resembles the trenches of France… then your doggo’s roam the maze to gobble-up any mole that dares try to cross “No-Moles-Land” into the Earth that lies under your ladies roots!

6 Likes

I already trenched and put in chicken wire about 12" deep to discourage them bastards, but noooo the still find little ways to get in. I’ve lost probably 20 or so outta like over 100

that’s why I’m gonna go with large pots! anywhere from 25-50 gal will do, I’m sure. Not taking any chances!

6 Likes

Your moles must be in cahoots with my groundhogs… One managed to get in the garden I just re-fenced, including a trench and fencing down a foot into the soil. I trap and relocate, and I think I’ve got em all this year. (don’t worry, the fun / hassle never stops, a new family of groundhogs will move in next year).

Ya know what that means Johnny? You’re just gonna have to plant SO MANY in the ground, that the losses aren’t an issue :wink:

I wanna see a plant you need a ladder to see the colas on :smiley:

6 Likes

That’s pretty much how I look at it too cuz…I put more in the ground than I think will do, just to be able to survive the pests like rabbits and moles

5 Likes

Feelin like David and Goliath over here

22 Likes

I bet you get 10 pounds at least off that bigass monster!!

and probably about the same in trim for hash! lol

3 Likes