Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 1)

IMO only I believe it has to be sugar/molasses. I only have experience with Sugar Daddy and Bud Candy. I’m liking Bud Candy right now. I also switched to soil over hydro. I’m getting more flavor and a much smoother smoke.

3 Likes

Hey there folks, just got back in from the barn and harvesting
@BigMike55 I use Brer Rabbit Unsulfured Blackstrap Molassesonce or twice a week during the budding cycle

7 Likes

Glad they made it ok and you can go get the fire started now lol

1 Like

How much molasses per gal of water are you mixing?

I use about 1/2 tablespoon/gallon

Although any blackstrap molasses will do the job, the main thing is to make sure it’s ‘UNSULFURED’
i like Brer Rabbit because it’s made from sugar beets, not cane

9 Likes

I was thinking blackstrap.
I have a recipe for homemade Bud Candy. Dont know where i got it tho. If it was here and its your recipe, chime in.
Anyways it was
1 gal distilled water
8 tablespoons Epson salt
1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
All ingredients except only about 2 cups water. Boil for about 5 min. Stirring constant. Pour into the rest of water.
10 ml/gal of feed first week of flip.
15 ml/gal weeks 3-4 of flower.
20 ml/gal weeks 5- ? Until flush time.

Never used it so I dont know if it works or not.

9 Likes

(Refined) dark brown sugar and light brown sugar are basically the same thing; white sugar with standard molasses added back in. Unrefined brown sugar still contains some of the minerals removed during the processing of white sugar, since the processing is cut short before all the molasses is separated from the sugar. Unrefined brown sugar is usually just called cane/raw/turbinado sugar, though. Standard molasses is made from the second reduction of sugar, and blackstrap from the third - the reduction into blackstrap is where the minerals are removed, and why blackstrap is recommended as animal and plant food. It tastes and smells much sharper and stronger, but otherwise it’s great for people too. I actually use blackstrap in my morning oatmeal. :slight_smile:

Long story short, if you’re using refined brown sugar that homemade bud candy is basically the same recipe @JohnnyPotseed just gave, minus some potassium and micronutrients and with quite a lot of magnesium sulfate added. :wink: I’m sure it works, but it’s kinda the long way around. And as Johnny mentioned, definitely unsulfured, though it’d probably be a fair amount of work to find sulfured. It is a lot cheaper though, which could trick someone into buying it if they found it.

4 Likes

@BigMike55 I kind of give 1/2 a teaspoon of Epsom salt every 5 liter including in veg, along with molasses in flowering!! Interesting!! Gonna try this…!

2 Likes

If it doesnt work, im sorry but i really have never tried it.

1 Like

I also am a fan of the unrefined molasses and Epsom salts. That is how I finish out every grow. JMO…:v::green_heart:

7 Likes

Good Morning, OG!

5 Likes

Good mornin sir… although I’d rather be sleeping. Lots to do today and just cant sleep

6 Likes

lol Good morning cuz
That’s always like a kick in the head when you’re down. I hate when it happens too , but know all too well how it is! lol I can’t lay there and relax/rest when I know there’s stuff to be done…

2 Likes

Sleep is for the weak.

3 Likes

lol then call me weak! Good morning

2 Likes

Morning Johnny and the rest of you OGers! @Nagel420 i couldn’t sleep last night either bud, crawled downstairs around like 11-12 to smoke a bowl and watch YouTube, finally got some shuteye around like 2-3

2 Likes

Time for me to get my lazy butt out to the barn and harvest lol

1 Like

I like grandma’s cuz I can get it by the gallon at Costco! Haha

1 Like

In veg up to 3/4 tbsp per gallon and in flower up to 1/2 is what I usually go for with my tea recipes

1 Like

I’ve had some great luck throwing in some of the roots organics terp teas into my compost tea recipes, some extra trace minerals most don’t thing to amend with reading ingredients