Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 1)

At the moment, I have Auto seedlings, photoperiod clones, mothers, plants close to going into bud cycle, etc in the barn, outside the barn, and in a spare bedroom I commandeered for a few months lol For a total of around 6-700 plants…I lose track of the count until I do a fresh count. It changes on a weekly basis, due to harvesting, dying, culling etc

5 Likes

I must have missed that. I was just on a thread with 6 week tiny pom pom buds. I haven’t seen any big testimony except that some of his autos don’t auto, the seeds are cheap, and he’s a nice guy. Buyer beware.

4 Likes

I could be wrong, but misterbee told me that… I dunno. never got anything from him before coming here

edit… all i can say is, I sure as HELL hope I’m not wrong lol

2 Likes

Me too man, I tagged you on another post. Go check it out.

His “super autos” won’t flower without some photoperiod manipulation. I’ve seen it many times in threads.

1 Like

I’m just going to have to wait and see how this goes, is all

3 Likes

There seems to be some ‘grower-related’ issues there as well…

2 Likes

Yes, but not that much. I just wanted you to be aware man. I’ve read enough that I won’t grow his work.

Best of luck to you.

8 Likes

thnx I do appreciate the heads up bro

4 Likes

Just an afterthought, I’ll be documenting this from start to finish…however it ends! So, we’ll all know one way or the other. I’m in it now so ain’t backing out…
and so far, so good. Just keep my fingers crossed lol

4 Likes

Update for day 8… The girls are still looking nice and growing as expected. The slowpoke on the top right has been pulled/discarded.
There were several beans left in the germinating tray, so they got put into the cups. All the seedlings that have gone into the cups are starting to stand up nicely.

one of the cupped beans didn’t make it so pulled it out.
67 have made it to this point, I dumped the tray with the few left not open yet. No time to futz around with slowpokes! lol

11 Likes

I probably won’t LST the first 15 of Pink Panama and Snowryder. Just let them grow and see how they do, since it was basically an experiment to prep me for this Auto ‘Green Head Band’ from Mark. Now those will be LST to bush and give up as much bud as possible! :sunglasses: :+1:

3 Likes

Just stopping in here for the first time. I do remember back in the day lowryder was the only “decent” option and it was kind of joked on still. When I came back to growing some 12-15 years later, it was autos everything and most of them look like solid buds from top to bottom, with no exposed stems :astonished:

6 Likes

These aren’t the ‘super autos’, they’re just reg auto.

5 Likes

Ok update for this morning, day 9… the girls are looking perky and growing nicely to this point, so I’m a happy camper! :grin:
The seedlings of Mark’s Green Head Band’, that’re the real first auto grow are all standing proud in the cups. I’ll be potting them into their permanent homes very soon, like in the next couple of days! lol

11 Likes

I’ll still run them 15 out to a finish… they were just kinda something to do while I was waiting to get started on the ones I’m really interested in. lol
12 Snowryder and 3 Pink Panama (plucked the 1 slowpoke PP)

4 Likes

Out of 77 seeds dropped I got 67 coming nicely. That’s not too bad at 87% but I’ve had better lol… Still, 67 of these badass babies will do for a nice pull, I’m thinking (and hoping!) :grin: :sunglasses: :+1:

edit… actually it was about my usual at around 90%…I forgot i tossed a few ‘weak/slow’ seedlings :grin:

8 Likes

Fantastic johnny , i learn much reading your diary.
Thanks a lot for share your work

3 Likes

Update for day 10…they 12 Snowryder and 3 Pink Panama are coming along rather well, it seems. They’re showing the love and I appreciate that since this was my first attempt at Auto’s lol Totally different methods involved with them.

The seedlings of Mark’s Green Head Band will be going into their permanent homes today…Actually already starting moving em! lol

and one more pic…this one is a cross of White Widow x Mango Maui Haze, courtesy of @Guitarzan . It’s a pure boy, no hermie… so the pollen will be good for making something new!

12 Likes

Update for day 11… the 15 Autos that were a precursor to the Green Head Band from Mark, are doing rather nice. Coming on strong and showing they enjoy the love I’ve gave them to this point. There’s a couple of ‘slower’ ones but that’s ok lol

The new beans from Mark that I’ve got in the small cups are in the process of being put into their permanent homes, and will post pics of those soon.

4 Likes

Update for day 12… the girls are looking good and growing nicely, still. A couple of the Snowryders are a bit slower than the rest, but no biggie, they’re coming along well also. The seedlings from Mark of Green Head Band are being potted still, I’ll post pics soon of the ‘real’ First Auto experiment!

4 Likes