Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 1)

I credit it to the method of germination I use, actually. If you go to that little thread I did on how I germinate seeds you’ll see the success rate and speed is off the hook!

https://overgrow.com/t/germinating-some-seeds-how-i-do-it/52473/50

3 Likes

I got fungus gnats in my worm bin last fall and just put it in the garage heartbroken. It’s still full of castings and I’m still trying to figure out if I can make it safe to use as a top coat (or seed popping medium!) but I worry that there’s eggs in there. :frowning: Have you ever “sterilized” castings without ruining them?

I usually try to generate my own with a lot of red wigglers into my compost bin. But now and then I need to buy worm castings to catch up to my needs. I usually go with

Worm Castings Organic Fertilizer, Wiggle Worm Soil Builder, 30-pounds

I buy that through Amazon and haven’t had any problems.

I’ve heard there are several ways to handle that problem, but don’t remember the exact process. Check the threads here on the search bar, you’ll probably find a ton of good info.

2 Likes

Yep, I just checked through the search engine at top of home page… there’s a ton of info
don’t use the search at top of this page, go to the home page and hit the search… just enter ‘fungus gnats’

same result if you enter ‘treating worm castings’ there’s a lot of info there!

1 Like

Day 6 update… The girls are happy AF and growing nicely! So far, so good lol

Now, on to the seedlings I’ve got coming. Almost all are popped after less than 48 hrs. I’ve already potted up around 20 as of this morning and they’re going into the cups with worm castings and a bit of perlite for aeration.

This is just great. :grin: :+1: :sunglasses:
I know I’ll have to put more into the cups this evening, lol

12 Likes

Looking good! Can’t wait to see how fast they grow, you’ll have buds before you know it!

2 Likes

semi-update lol had to toss about 21 more into the cups this evening. No waiting until the morning, they were ready!

12 Likes

Looking good I need to find some auto flower seeds in a larger quantity 5/10seeds in a package wouldn’t cut it with out having to run several different strains I’ve acquired to try something like that!

1 Like

Good luck bud
Nice little plants

1 Like

Tag, sorry forgot to hit ‘reply’ but read that above, bro

1 Like

Thanks, @BERZERK, they’re definitely raring to grow! lol

1 Like

Cheap litle plants
Lol
@JohnnyPotseed

1 Like

Yes indeed, cheap is right…but not ‘cheap’ if ya know what I mean. They’re crosses of awesome strains! Mark’s products are known and proven here on OG, by a LOT of folks. Everyone testifies to his prowess, and quality.

edit… So far, all I can testify to is them beans are so damn ready to pop it ain’t funny! These are some very viable beans, with what is looking to be 100% germination rate!

3 Likes

Yeah man i got it.
Hummm…
I think is very cool cultivate new strains and make new crosses of what is certain to obtain some expected taste , produce , resin
Edit
I keep lookin for these strains.
I studing breeding more deep in last months , if you have something good to me make poppin some crosses or smoke to my tdaAH
If you got me
Thanks for your time

1 Like

He grows the crosses out first to make sure they perform, then offers up for sale. So it’s good, I’ll take his word for that!

3 Likes

I edited the last post

@JohnnyPotseed
I ve been lookin your diary and its amazing
Congratulations.

1 Like

Day 7 update… most of them are doing nicely. The slowpoke in the top right corner is still not catching up, so it might be time to just toss her. Maybe a few more days chance…

The seedlings of Mark’s ‘Green Head Band’ had a lot more ready for the cups this morning, took 23 out of the tray to put in cups. Total in cups on day 3 is 65. So far only one in the cups isn’t standing up nicely. Temp is just under 70F and humidity is around 62. The hygrometer shows 64 but that’s because it sits right beside the cups and I just finished watering/putting up fresh/wet cups…

12 Likes

Living the dream! That many plants (in my ironically “legal” state") would land my ass in prison for the rest of my life.

4 Likes

If you’re a licensed grower, there’s no limit on how many plants you can have here in Oklahoma. Medical card holders are allowed only 12 plants, 6 in veg and 6 in bud, for each card holder in the household.

4 Likes