Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 6)

Oo, sounds like were gonna have to make some trades in the future! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

you’re a fan of autos ? Man you’re going it love the seeds I’ll have soon too.

1 Like

Very much so. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh man, you just met the right guy haha !

1 Like

BigMikes new Smoker.

23 Likes

Nice! But that’s not enough for all of us :laughing:

2 Likes

Go see who’s knocking on yer front door, brother! :scream: :heart: :joy:

3 Likes

So I have multiple crosses done with Night Owls Chem 91 auto reg, I have Cocoa Chem Pheno

I made several crosses with this pollen, here are the females I used.

*Star Spangled Banner 3
*Mngo Mrr
*Mothman
*Methane
*Rainbow Frost
*Purple Lemonade
*Neon Gummyz
*Candy Mint Cakes

I also made some crosses with my Kryptid Candy (Mothman x Cocoa Chem) I hit Afghan Kush auto and Strawberry nuggets x Toof Decay.

Currently reversing Galaxy Brain in the same tent as another Galaxy Brain, Pinot Noir, and Canna Cheese 1:1. I will attempt to save and cut the pollen so I can possibly hit a photo with Galaxy Brain later. I’m waiting for some Galaxy Brain Regs too … just so much stuff going on. Not enough grow space.

3 Likes

Dang dude, lol busy busy busy, huh? I got away from autos myself, nothing against em other than the not being able to clone.
Well, that and the time in veg isn’t long enough for my taste! lol

Using the BBP on em, I got them to get way bigger than the grow guides say, lol over 6’

5 Likes

I hear ya…I read your reasoning about it and I can see why. I learned to grow with autos so it’ll always have a place in my heart. But man photos are great too…I don’t think I’ll be able to pick sides.

Definitely busy…I have a close friend of mine that is making other seeds from Regs. We r recreating our favorites from Meph such as Cosmic Queen and Night Owls Galaxy Brain and a handful of others some with Bruce Banner #3 auto which was amazing.

I’m thinking that maybe…if I have extra money and after I get my Maui Wowie CB79 I’ll get some Marathon OG. That auto is consistently amazing and could possibly be used in crosses.

1 Like

The new autos, Super Auto, are supposedly as good in yield and THC content as Photos. Not sure if I want to get back into em again, lol
Only thing I don’t really care for is you can’t find regular in em, only fems. Which would mean the reversal attempt. lol

Holy shit I wish I had your talents.

Ah i see. Me and my buddy are slowly but surely gaining regular genetics of the fems we smoked in the past. Not a lot of companies were releasing Regs until more frequently this year. Having quality autos like Marthon OG, SSB3, BB3, Zam and making S1s is the way on keeping a consistent auto sea of green.

I hope you do decide to try some. We made a cross with my Spangler (Star Spangled Banner 3 x Cocoa Chem) and crossed it with Queen’s Banner and came out with Chem Trail Queen(credit goes to rinsewarrior from reddit)

11 Likes

That’s a beauty :heart_eyes:
You running lump charcoal or wood?
What fuel can you use?

1 Like

Oo, frosty!
I did once read about a way to reverse a female to male. Don’t know if its true or not. It wasnt silver thiosulfate. I’ll have to look that up.
Maybe I was just High, idk. :rofl:

Florel,I believe

1 Like

Charcoal or wood chunks. I like wood chunks but I didn’t have any. Charcoal is what I used today but I also burned up a well soaked bag of mesquite chips for smoke. I can’t wait. About another half hour and those rib bones will start sticking out of the meat real nice. I also make my own bbq sauce and rib rub.

8 Likes

Rodelization is the oldschool way to reverse. That was not always successful. It’s basically letting the plant keep going long after the harvest date, a lot of times when you did this, the plant would reverse in hopes of self pollinating, to continue the strain, in hopes of self pollinating itself or other nearby plants.

2 Likes

Nice! I get wood chunks from neighbors and friends that trim or cut down trees.
Maple, crabapple, oak, cherry.
The best size are limbs about as big around as your arm, then cut them into pucks with a chainsaw. :+1:
Hickory is my favorite, but those don’t grow here.

1 Like

Yup. All of the above, my friend.
Any hard wood tree that bears fruit or nuts is great for smoking. I’m particularly fond of mesquite myself but I like me some hickory and apple wood is specially good on chicken.
My bbq sauce is what I have created for over 20 years and it appears everyone who tries it loves it.

1 Like