JohnnyPotseed's Test of BudBusterPro

You bet !! It worked great ! LOL it was one of those things I was comfortable with my convictions at the time so, I went with it !! Also, I guess I have a unique attitude toward ridicule/mockery…I was just glad to provide my neighbors with entertainment I

BTW I continued to use them until I retired in 2018 and noticed that actually quite a few growers were employing them by 1990

1 Like

Ridicule they might, but they were smart enough to read the writing on the wall, it would seem! lol

1 Like

Passive persuasion… works with some and those it doesn’t work on are welcome to go their own way!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, makes sense.
To combat boring beetles I’ve had to soak down the tree trunks with the sprayer until they dripped with the fog. I didn’t increase the concentration, just let the fogger run longer.

Maybe I will do a test down the road as you suggested. :+1:

1 Like

Update time folks
I did 3ml/8oz distilled water today. The smallest Blue Dream is fast catching up to it’s sister, as you can see. The Bruce Banner #3 is still getting bigger than the other BB and both are filling in very nicely with the secondary growth.
This first pic is all 4 group shot

next pic is the two BB#3 for comparison

next is the two Blue Dream, she’s gaining on her sister lol

and last shot is of the two treated plants, soaking wet!

So far, so good. The next treatment is in 7 days with another 3ml/8oz water.

10 Likes

yeti has his bbp up and running

5 Likes

Yep cuz, I saw that and wished him good luck.

3 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed, I’m sorry if this has already been covered, but how does that stuff smell when you spray it on the plants? I suppose it could smell like chemicals or poop or something even worse - as long as it works :grin:

1 Like

There’s no smell cuz

3 Likes

Oh, that’s a nice surprise. Thanks for the info.

Those are def the Bruce banners I remember growing! Super Vigourous plants! Those babies got big since last time I dropped in!

2 Likes

Update time folks!
Ok, today is the last treatment with 3m;/8ox distilled water. i took a ‘before’ pic and an ‘after’ pick so you can see the differences. I moved them out of the budroom to get at them easier for treating and taking pics, they went back into the budroom when I was done.
In the first pic, you can see the BD has not only caught it’s bigger/older sister, but has now passed it! the same with the BB, it’s growing taller and nicer than it’s sister.!
I always put them in the same position as for every pic, for you to be able to bounce back and forth (if you want) between all the pics from the start.

Next pic is the 2 treated gals, looking wet down good. lol

That’s it for the pics folks.
I’ve notice a serious growth in the past week, especially on the BD that was a few days younger than her sister! So far, I see none of the issues that @Syn had occur. I’m very happy with things… and hope to see a serious difference in the end.
Stay tuned…

5 Likes

U def got that right! Things really shot up since the last update! Looking good bro!!! Keep it up!

2 Likes

Hey bro! Went through some of my pics in my old phone and found these pics of BB3 momma(and daddy technically)

She’s on the right in this pic

Pics/grow was from mid March this year

She was in a 10 gallon fabric bag
She gave me 33 dry/ trimmed grams

5 Likes

:man_shrugging:

im going to apply the last dose as well coming up.

The plants look like they havnt grown at all.

(treated on the right)

the only tacoing leaves are the large fan ones, which i should probably cut out now that they have bushed out.

5 Likes

Update time folks
OK, I messed up last week, I mistakenly said the taller of the BD was the test plant, but i did a double-take this morning and checked the back of the tags for my notation as to which was the plant being treated.
The treated BD is the bushier of the two. It has almost caught up to it’s older sister in height but is a lot thicker than the older one.
The mistake has been corrected, and the experiment hasn’t been harmed insomuch as there is only going to be one plant tested for the true end goal of seeing if there is anything in the BBP that’d cause a ‘fail’ on compliance testing.
However, both of the treated plants are showing a lot more growth and more flower production than the two comparison plants!
I treated the correct BD this morning and that one will receive one last treatment in another 7 days due to it’s being a week behind in the schedule. If y’all remember, the first BD dyed from the cold shock, and I replaced it with a backup plant.
First a pic of all 4

next pic is the two test plants after treatment

9 Likes

Looking good bro! I see they starting to flower! Go babies go!!!

2 Likes

Just wanted to add a note…Many growers are paranoid about applying foliars to pistillate bloom…understood in most instances, however with BBP we have NEVER encountered any burn when used at recommended dilutions and timing. Actually, flower tissue is the most sensitive tissue a plant has, and provides us a perfect gateway for delivery !

3 Likes

There’s no denying the difference.

2 Likes

idk if im blind but i see no difference.

all of them have the same side branching, all of them are producing the same size buds.

3 Likes