Johnny's retreat and up coming grow logs

Looks better than the last round :thumbsup: :slight_smile:

'19 Hard Charger Award :trophy: @Johnnybsmokin

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Cheers canna

Yea last couple were left to the own devices basically, just water only. This time I’m looking after them a bit more.

Cheers Johnny

1 Like

Weekly update time 17/11/19
Day 42

Group shot
Without flash

With flash

And a closeup

And close up

And closeup

And next up the seedlings
Day 14

Group shot

So the first round of trying colloidal silver has failed. Sprayed for nearly 4 weeks and no showing of any balls, can only put it down to it not being strong enough solutions. Unfortunately I am unable to check ppm as I don’t have a meter.

I’ll make another batch in the next couple of days and let it run a little longer this time and then try again.

I’m thinking number number 4 is showing the best with growth so far, so I’ll try reversing her this time.

Until next time
Cheers Johnny

6 Likes

Weekly update 24/11/19
Day 49

Group shot of numbers 1,2,3

And closeup

And closeup

Closeup

And now numbers 4,5,6
Day 21

This one I am attempting to reverse, started spraying 3 days ago

About 1 more week to go for numbers 1,2 & 3.

Until next time
Cheers Johnny

7 Likes

Yeh yeh looks like harvest weights are on the up and up!
And the new ones look great too.

Happy days

2 Likes

Hey Pedro

Thanks for the kind comments mate. I’m liking the SIP containers I’m growing in, I just have to keep the water level up and it’s taking care of it’s self.

Unfortunately, numbers 1 & 2 will be binned due to my spraying with colloidal silver in an unsuccessful try at reversing. I’m going to bring them to full harvest, just to see the end results tho. It’s all still an experiment and then fine tuning it all.

Unfortunately we are coming into the heat and it’s hard to keep the temps down enough and still get good results. So I’ll probably scale right down on the lights and maybe only do 1 or 2 plants max over summer.

Cheers Johnny

3 Likes

Update 25/11/19

So after my last post above to Pedro, I went and did a very close look at the 3 that are getting close to harvest time.

And I finally have balls on a couple of buds on the lower parts of both the reversed plants. Seeing as I stopped spraying a week and a half ago I’m not sure if any viable pollen will be produced.

I’ll keep any close eye on them in the coming days.

Cheers Johnny

8 Likes

When did you start spraying the CS? Maybe earlier would’ve helped? (not my forte)

:evergreen_tree:

Hey Canna
I started spraying at day 16 from sprouting, but I did miss a couple of days in between due to a unexpected away trip for work. That was more than likely the reason why it took so long.
Sprayed twice a day otherwise thou. It’s all a learning experience, just put it down to learning.

Cheers Johnny

4 Likes

Update time 1/12/19
Day 56

First up the group shot
Without flash

With flash

So 1 & 3, the trannys finally lifted their skirts and showed me there boy bits. Number 1 has been slowly giving up some pollen over the last few day, I’ve been picking the opening flowers of and collecting some pollen.

I’ve been dusting the pollen onto plants 5 & 6 lower buds for some more auto seed fingers crossed.

Day 28 for 4,5 & 6
Group shot. I’ve had to flopped all 3 over due to growth height and reaching the lights

Didn’t take any individual shot this time, but a couple of close ups of the next one I’m reversing for pollen. Started spraying about 11 days ago, looks like the pollen sacks are forming

Until next time
Cheers Johnny

10 Likes

Well done Johnny, micro breeding is pretty cool.
Although you might have better success pollinating some of the second lot just because they have more life left in them.

4 Likes

Hey Pedro

Thé 2 that I’m pollinating are the young ones that are 4 weeks from sprouting. Should be right for another 4 to 6 weeks of growth for the seeds to mature.

I’ll just harvest the main branch/ colas when ripe and let the rest go until the seeds are ripe.

Cheers Johnny

4 Likes

Note for my self 3/12/19

Harvested number 2 at 58 days

Cut and binned number 3, due to colloidal silver spraying and pollen sacks not opening.

Number 1 is still going as it’s still giving me some pollen for the moment.

And planted 2 more seeds. 1 Dark Spark and 1 Purple Punch auto. Thinking of spraying a branch of the Purple Punch to produce pollen so I can pollenate the remaining Purple Punch seeds I’ll plant in the up coming weeks.

Until next time
Cheers Johnny

10 Likes

Update time 8/12/19
First up

I’ve cut this one and is now in the bin. Nearly broke my heart but it was sprayed with colloidal silver. Is 63 days from sprouting.

Cut and i thought I would weigh it as well

Next 3 now at day 35

Last spray of the colloidal silver today, as I’ve run out, but it’s been sprayed daily for 2 1/2 weeks now

With a close up of the pollen sacs forming

5 & 6

Together

A close up showing the seed development with the swelling

And close up of developing seeds

And lastly the next 2 seeds that I planted now at 5 days from sprouting.
The one on the right is the Purple Punch auto number 7, left one is the Dark Spark number 8

That’s it until next time
Cheers Johnny

11 Likes

Update 14/12/19
First up an autopsy of the root balls from last grow

Starting with number 1
A reminder shot of just before it was cut down

And the root ball

And dissected

It was quite firm through out with the roots nicely distributed through out, was quite difficult to cut in half actually

Now number 2, with a reminder photo

And the root ball

And cut in half

Now this wasn’t quite as firm as the first one but still held together nicely and roots spread through as well.

Onto number 3
Reminder photo

Root ball

Now this one doesn’t have the formed root structure as the other 2 and I wasn’t able to cut in half as it just fell apart when I tried.

Could just be the pheno type or genetics but number 3 just didn’t grow to full advantage of the pot.

Onto the next 3
Day 42

The reversed plant using colloidal silver, just covered in pollen sacks.

Picked the first opening flower and it showed some pollen, so I will be collecting over the next week or so I would say.

5 & 6

Together shot

Now the 2 seedlings now at day 12

The right one is the Purple Punch, 7.
Left one in Dark Spark, 6.

Until next time
Cheers Johnny

10 Likes

The self watering system seems to be working fine mate.

3 Likes

Hey Pedro

Yes I’m happy with the result so far, now just to fine tune the schedules and see the results

Cheers Johnny

3 Likes

Are they little SIP systems?

1 Like

Hey invisible

Yes mate, little SIP’s, and I’m loving them. All I’m having to do is to keep an eye on the water levels.
It’s actually great to see how different plants are drinking different amounts of water to others.

I have documented it in some posts above.

Thanks for stopping by

Cheers Johnny

3 Likes

They look pretty good I’ll have to have a read through and see how you set them up.

See you also do some seed runs in that little space. what would an average run of seed making give you from one of those plants?

1 Like