Jones Organic Outdoor Journal

Is that what’s going on the edges of the leaf? I haven’t fed them anything besides coconut water and aloe water and they’re in the sprout island mix from coast of maine? You think I should just give them plain water for a couple weeks? Got my compost tea brewer today!! Any of you organic guys ph your water? I’ve not even considered checking it because I’ve always read the soil will buffer it but tads podcast was saying check you’re ph thats getting put in it makes a big difference apparently. I know you guys don’t want to talk about the basic bullshit so I won’t ask much but any advice is golden :call_me_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Looks like nute burn but I’m not absolutely sure. It is looking pretty dry. I would give them a real good drink of plain water with a little flush…guite a bit of flush actually. I’ve never used that soil so I can’t comment on that. Is your water tap or well? I’m guessing you have a soil issue. Forget all the fancy special water the first couple weeks. The soil should have everything they need if it’s any good at all

3 Likes

That mix has " blended sphagnum peat moss, perlite, kelp meal, worm castings and well-aged compost", seems a lot if you are also adding more things to water, I would slow down with the feed. Have you got an EC meter? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I gave them some water after the picture I wanted to let it dry a day since they were overwatered seems like that soil has a high water retention and I way over did it. It’s well water running through a waterdrop ro system. Also got my fertil pots in today so that should eliminate overwatering issues for future startups and no transplant shock so I’m trying to learn and fix these issues thanks for the feedback

1 Like

No ec meter the aloe and coconut both say you can use it as a seed soaking and veg and flower so I assumed it was okay just to feed from the start instructions weren’t clear and I have such a brown thumb :sweat_smile: I refuse to give up so I’m taking notes this time and have a small 3x3 I’m going to run autos for extra consistant practice as well.

2 Likes

Yeap, the practice makes the master teacher|nullxnull , maybe you can use them in neutral soils, not prefertilized. You should buy an EC meter if you want to avoid nutrient burns. Autos are low feeders, here you will find more info … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I really should’ve got the mephisto seeds I’ve heard nothing but great things about these guys I’m starting with orange sherbert auto from fastbuds I had this stuff my old dude grew it tasted like pure oranges :tangerine: had to of been some of the terpiest bud I’ve ever had and ever since I’ve been chasing that dragon for just one more taste :drooling_face: also I was always under the impression auto’s were heavy feeders? Guess I’ll need to look into that some more.

2 Likes

They will need nutes later, in the beginning… it just take time. Your doing the right thing by not giving up, great job! Keep on OverGrowin.

2 Likes

Hope it is coming out of it. The soil looked pretty dry for a seedling is why I said that but overwatering looks about like that also, hardly any roots and j just a sick plant. I would repot and water them in with straight water. That soil sounds like it should work just fine

1 Like

Got my spot setup put in the back (I’ve adjusted the fence to be more straight since this pic [thanks OCD]) I just need to get the 400 gallons of dirt back there the gator will help but I was waiting on this Mycorrhizal from Wallace he grows super huge pumpkins so I wanted to get his mix in my batch before they’re in the final pots since I’ll be leaving there for a couple years should be here by next week some time. More pics after the transfer :grin::call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

It has to be light burn I just turned the qb down to about 150 micromoles

2 Likes

Unless someone has a cure all I think I’m done for these girls just never recovered I just have such a brown thumb idk why I suck I can’t even clone a damn plant :man_facepalming:t2:no these aren’t clones but can somebody just delete this post.

1 Like

Typically if the light intensity is too high and hot the leaves will cup and curl up trying to collect water to cool off. I would say that is definitely nute burn from the looks of it.
I would give the soil a good flush and I’m sure they will recover just fine.

1 Like

I’ve been giving them straight water for a couple weeks now the only thing I gave them at first was aloe and coconut water theyre in the sprout island mix from coast. It had to of been the coconut water? I’ve never used the stuff before thought it wouldn’t burn so easily I just assumed organic material wouldn’t burn plants so easy? How long are you supposed to wait like I said its been two weeks with straight water they started growing super slowly but I’ve got 65 gallon pots with kis biochar soil ready to go. Thats what just kills me I’ve spent thousands of dollars this year and I just can’t get it right. So frustrating.

I would give them any nutrients until about the 3rd or 4th node and even then start at about 1/3 strength.

Think of seedlings as actual babies, you wouldnt feed a baby or toddler adult food because they are not ready yet.

I’m guessing if you just keep it simple and just ph water for a week they will bounce back just fine. No reason to get to excited this early on and they dont look like they are dying

2 Likes

Thanks man thats all I needed to hear just a little guidance google only helps so much

2 Likes

That looks like a kickass brewer my friend, great looking thread! Will be following along!

1 Like

Thanks can’t wait to try it out soon! I’ve never had a good one so I’ve got nothing to compare it to

1 Like

Looks like you’re getting ready to grow some monsters. I’m jealous

1 Like

That was the idea till I screwed them up a bit gave them some worm leaxhate off the new worm farm and they seemed to respond to it well i can definitely notice some new growth finally they been not even growing like at all!

Embarrassed to even show these but…

Super skunk looks like poop was really wanting that one to go though love that old school skunk havent had it in forever hoping this would be one like it

1 Like