Jungle Love - Testing Durban crosses from LEDSeedz

Good night dude. Don’t let me perturb your vibe.

I attribute the lack of stretch on mine due to the cct of my lights, I am not really a fair indicator of the overall strains stretched as my setup is designed to eliminate as much stretch as possible :slight_smile:

Thank you for altering your method of inquiry W_F all I’m asking is if you want a healthy discussion keep it civil.

4 Likes

@toastyjakes said, and I quote, “keep it up.”

It isn’t like me to change behavior based on threats. You can clearly see from the line of questioning that I was not the antagonist. I understand we don’t want to bite the hand that feeds us, but I am not stirring the pot just to stir the pot.

2 Likes

I guess I just don’t understand where you are coming from… for an f1 cross it was pretty consistent to it’s nature by being 50%mom and 50% dad… examples being the tall lanky durban/sativsativa heavy leaners some got and the shorter stretch Indica leaners others got…

2 Likes

Honestly I am not sure what the question is but the Durban i used was Not of Dutch decent and in fact a pure Durban. The only cross i used that would have any real crazy stretch was the SFV. That said pure Durban is not a stretchy sativa in fact it may be one of the shortest sativas I have run in almost 40 years size wise.

I can’t speak on anyone else’s crosses because I have not run any of them but the terpens that are present in every cross I made is evident and Durban is dominant. I just finished every one of them and have every cross documented. If someone else made a cross using Durban and it’s stretchy I’d question what they used in fact from what I have “heard” your comparing my pure Durban to a Dutch Durban/Thai cross not pure Durban like I used.

8 Likes

Because @Baudelaire used Durban Thai-High Flyer

6 Likes

From what I have heard he used a Durban Thai hybrid not pure Durban. Apples and oranges.

Perhaps he can verify at some point.

5 Likes

Unless something has changed I’d blame your stretch on being under lit. The tallest plant I had of any of the crosses was under 40”.

Real Durban grown indoors is actually quite compact FWIW.

6 Likes

from the beginning to their end I would say so… it was just odd their stretch compared to the one i liked… i do have a clone from one of the tall ones revegging right now to try again

5 Likes

I also am somewhat unclear as to the nature of the question, so pardon if I’ve waded into something here… But to clarify, FDM has an heirloom cross of the old SSSC Durban-Thai Highflyer x Cinderella, and a cross of California Orange x Durban. The Durban in the DTHF is to the best of my knowledge landrace Durban from SA. The Durban male used in the Cali-O cross is Sensi’s Durban, very Dutch. Two different parents from two different sources.

I would concur with @LED_Seedz that the Sensi Durban is very restrained in stretch, with moderate width leaf lobes and a short maturation (<60 days) period. I’ve always said it acts like an indica and smokes like a sativa. That’s why I chose it. I haven’t used the DTHF in any other crosses, and yes, it is quite stretchy.

-b420

7 Likes

What a bevy of good information.

Thank you @Worcestershire_Farms for getting this one going. :wink:

5 Likes

Went and did some looking in to one of my older threads at my site and dug up a few pics of the Durbans I ran.

Nothing Dutch about these at all.
:wink:

12 Likes

12 days since first up.

8 Likes

I figure everyone has cooled off about the subject by now, so in expectation that we can speak with level heads, a quick clarification. I never mentioned the Durban Thai.

I was asking about the Cali O Durban compared to the Durban crosses in this project specifically because it is the dutch version, and 99 has grown out it and your crosses. The dutch version created offspring with more stretch than was exhibited in the offspring of every single one of your pure durban crosses.

Do you see now why the lineage was called into question? If you still feel I’m just attacking you for no reason I’ll gladly desist from posting in your threads in the future. Say the word.

3 Likes

Half Casey Jones x Durban Poison and half Zamaldelicia x Durban Punch Enter flower today.

5 Likes

@argo945 this is not the place to post random Durban cross pictures… it’s for the questions and pictorial journal keeping of @LED_Seedz Durban crosses and any questions about them.

1 Like

I’m chill on the questions and have had a level head always. I know what I have, and I know you didn’t mention a Durban Thai, but that is what was used in a cross.

Who’s cross specifically? If your talking Baudelaire he said above his is a dutch variety. They are known to be lanky. Calio is also a large plant and quite vigorous in nature.

The one I used was from Africa via Spain. Not Dutch.

I don’t no. Apples and Oranges really.

Not sure where I said I was being attacked or even implied it. My posts are clear, concise and very direct often taken as hostility in text on a screen. Not my intent at all, but I am diabetic so I’m not sugar coating shit.
:shaved_ice:

5 Likes

The one below is mine.

I’ve never used the word Poison though so maybe not.
HA

No worries though, these have all long been tested.

Most of my friends were freaked out by all of them. Kind of went like, yeah we’re all good on the Durban cross shit. It’s a bit scary…

5 Likes

My bad, to the breeder i’ll try to pull it in. I run a little loose around here.I didn’t think i was doing any wrong. TJ. I will separate them and zoom in, thought LED might want to see em both and the fact i was alredy flowering them, but i see your point.

7 Likes

thought id jump up with an update… as we saw two of my durples were kinda wonky so i took a clone from each and trashed the other two… one of the clones didnt make it but the other one is starting to enjoy its life… so here are some shots

ill keep updates current with her

5 Likes