Jungle Spice #6 Community IBL Project

Smoke Report JS5

This smoke report comes courtesy of my wife, who just tried the JS5 for the first time tonight. Shortly after, she went to the kitchen to check on dinner, turned on the microwave (meant to set the timer) and then proceeded to ask me what I was cooking in the microwave. :joy:

I think it works… Cured about 1.5 weeks has a very strong lemon-lime smell, and a little menthol/pine. More sour than anything in the F1 generation, which I really like. This will probably press into a 7up flavor rosin… I might try making some this weekend. More creeper sativa high, no drowsiness for me, and good ceiling. I think the progressive onset also goes well with the calming, anti-anxiety aspects. I’m about 1.5 hours in and still feeling really good.

In other news…

@AllOra expressed some interest in helping out with the project. So, since I have JS5 crossed to 3 different males, this generation is getting male-tested! :tada:

This is an awesome benefit to the project, and will help take out the male-selection guesswork for making the F4s. This is a very critical generation for determining the best male. Many thanks @AllOra.

Once we’ve decided which male generation to search, I’ll do another run and try to get batch of F4 out to @MomOnTheRun for distribution.

22 Likes

That’s a very beautiful pheno! It’s a really hungry strain, eh?

3 Likes

What an exceptional project. @lefthandseeds is knocking it out of the park with this one.

8 Likes

trying to bookmark this thread and add supscriptions

2 Likes

:pray: Thanks for the kind words. It’s a special strain to me, and I’m very happy with how it’s going so far.

I was really happy to be able to get some F2s out for preservation. I’m even more excited to get some F4s out there. They’ll be much more consistently good, and better for using with breeding.

11 Likes

Logging here:

8 Likes

So I’m finally getting to smoke the JS long runner. She’s been curing a few weeks, so I thought I’d throw up some bud shots. As you can see, she’s quite frosty with beautiful large, extended crab-claw like calyxes. The smoke really floors me, very heady and taking from the sativa side.

I can’t wait to see when her progeny look like. @AllOra’s grow is going to lead us on the path to some pretty fine F4s.

25 Likes

Jars of Bud do not look much better in my opinion than yours does!!!

2 Likes

:pray: thank you. I’m really happy that I got this plant in my F2 selections. If it keeps going this well, I think people are gonna have a fun time with the F4s.

6 Likes

Mine is very heady as well, but epic body stone too. The more you smoke the more f*cked up you get. This one doesn’t seem to stop peaking. Let me know if she gives you a weed hangover in the morning. Whats your flavor like?

5 Likes

Yea, totally! I smoke too much and I get pretty damn high. I’ve only ever noticed weed hangover from going to hard on edibles… but maybe that means I smoke too much. :joy:

The #5 girl is just straight lemon/lime to me. @8k_feet said it was spot on 7-up. What is yours like now that it’s cured for a bit?

7 Likes

Dude, I had one that looked just like her sisters, didn’t really smell much at all, and ended up taking a bit longer to finish than the rest of em. Never really thought too much about her. Fricken potency turned out ridiculous tho! I’m kicking myself for not keeping a clone or even trying to reveg her.

4 Likes

Still smells like vomit and tastes like grapefruit. :joy:

Besides edibles, its rare I get a hangover off smoke too. Only strong indicas do it to me. The JS man, she’s really heavy. I only pull out like one small bowl at a time with her or I end up not seeing straight. :dizzy_face: I’ve wobbled to the bed a few times with it now.

8 Likes

I’m thinking we have more congo-heavy genes in our buds, because I’ve grown a couple dragonsblood and saginaw valley skunk, all three have the same g13hp father.

5 Likes

Sloth does that to me g13x black widow cross (Klar) It’s like you’ve been on a tequila night I call it over weeded .

3 Likes

I’ll concentrate and see if I get any vomit smells. :joy: Grapefruit I can definitely see. It’s in that citrus/pine family of terps I find a lot. Less like a ruby red grapefruit and more like a white grapefruit though.

I think my #5 plant was congo heavy. Latest finishing, most prone to foxtail. It fucks me up. In another generation or two, I’d like to cross it back to a congolese sativa again. Might try again to get that RSC Congo.

6 Likes

Looks good af. I’ve got a contract startin in January, thinking of dumping some money into their lineup. Couple hundred bucks would cover everything they offer. lol

3 Likes

@DiggySoze my Dragon’s Blood Hashplant is really heavy too and doesn’t peak either. Really can get overweeded (@ShiskaberrySavior lol ) with it. You saying it and the JS both have g13 in their genes?

2 Likes

My problem is seeds getting pinched at the border. They always seem to catch packages from the UK.

6 Likes

Yeah, Dragonsblood Hashplant is:
Hawaiian x '88 G13HP
Jungle Spice is:
Congolese x '88G13HP
Saginaw Valley Skunk is:
Old School Skunk x '88G13HP

There’s a ton more with the same father, but these are the three I’ve grown.

9 Likes