Just some of OJ’s pics

My rooms are large and not sealed so that wouldn’t work for me. I am usually dealing with 24 plants or so at a time so just spraying is a long tedious process.
I don’t mind spraying plants in flower as long as it’s the first few weeks of flower. After that I will toss the whole roomful if necessary. I have plenty to smoke and a lot of seed so screw it.
The only time I have ever got bugs is from clones from others so now they get treated before they get near my plants.

4 Likes

Haha. I can only get so many plants in a 4x4. Depending on the plants. Between one and five. One, if its Sheelavathi, five or six if they are small autos.
I fingered your grow spaces would not be a good solution. Those are fairly high dollar, and you would need a bunch of them. But it did work and I have been bug free since the vortex bugs.

2 Likes

You might have one already, but electric sprayers make it way faster and easier. There are lots of options on amazon. I use this one from harbor freight. I mix in a different container first, then pour into the reservoir.
https://www.harborfreight.com/20v-lithium-ion-cordless-1-gallon-chemical-sprayer-tool-only-57230.html

5 Likes

I love Bauer tools from harbor freight. Mainly because they are cheap. I have a small Bauer chainsaw thats a jewel

4 Likes

I have that one too. Burned out the first one cutting up some fallen oak trees, and they replaced it no questions.

I have several tools from that 20v line. They’re cheap enough that I won’t cry if something gets broken, lost, or stolen. I’ll just cuss a little.

3 Likes

Yep going to be getting one of those as the one I am using is about used up……

3 Likes

Thnx for the tip… I’m gonna have to look into that for making it easier on Rose. I got her one from Amazon (electric sprayer) and had to send it back. It sprayed water fine in test but soon as we loaded 2gal of water with 2ounces of the MTA mix, it wouldn’t handle it!
We can pick up mites and such just going from the back door to the barn (50’) Oklahoma is heavy infested for a couple of years now, according to pest experts.
So we do a preventative spraying 1-2 times a week, lol Whether we see anything or not!

@Oldjoints I’d think you might be in about the same situation as us. You gotta go across that lawn to get to your grow.

5 Likes

The Bauer does fine with the mix I put in it. It has a small plastic screen/filter over the intake tube to catch particulates. If it starts acting up, I just disconnect the tank (two latches on side), lift up, and wipe any debris off of that screen. The first one I had lasted 3 years with use 1 to 2 times per week. Each time I would put about 2 to 4 gallons through it.

I paid a few bucks extra for extended warranty on the newer one, so I don’t feel bad about abusing it. If there’s any issue, just take it to HF, and they’ll replace it.

I mix the spray with a concrete mixing attachment on a drill in a 2 gallon watering pail for small batches or in a 5 gal bucket for larger batches. Have to transfer into the sprayer tank with the watering pail, or you could use a funnel. The opening on the tank is only about 2" diameter, so no filling it directly from a bucket.

You’ll have to buy the battery/charger separate from the sprayer. By that point you might as well pick up a drill, saws, leaf blower, the rest of the kit…

Be careful in Harbor Freight. You go in looking for something small and walk out with a plasma cutter :rofl: My wife says it’s like Hobby Lobby for men.

4 Likes

lol IKR? We’ve gotten stuff from HF now n then over the years
…and wouldn’t ya just know it? lol there’s one in Sand Springs! been in there a few times over the past 6yrs.

3 Likes

I got tired of the small hand held sprayers screwing up bought this a few years back best money I’ve spent fully adjustable up to six ft spray pattern .
IMG_1314

4 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior What manufacturer/model is that? Where’d you buy it? If online, may I please ask you to post a link?

3 Likes
3 Likes

There a bit pricey but my son is a painter by trade and says you get what you pay for that’s the only brand he uses that last years with very little issues and great warranty.

3 Likes

Yes but I even spray the yard that we walk through to get to our garage. Not that it would take long to get re-infested. We even spread flea,tick,and ant granules over our whole lawn.
As far as chainsaws you won’t find better than Stihl or husguavarna.

3 Likes

Good morning brother OJ, & all OG!

3 Likes

Morning Kind Folks……

4 Likes

Good morning OJ

2 Likes

Morning, Bruddah. Just checked in on my up potted plants from yesterday. Standing tall, every one of them. No transplant shock at all.

4 Likes

Good morning my friends!

3 Likes

That’s a good start @BigMike55 . I like how the next day they just look smaller due to all the space around them. When Weston was 4, he helped me all the time. His hand size was perfect for up-potting from Solos. He loves plants! My "little"man!

4 Likes