Just starting out and am concerned about temps

Ugh I want to try to avoid the cost of a mini split, they are so expensive man and I’m in a 4 by 4 tent too lol… I know I overkilled with my light :upside_down_face:

1 Like

So I take it a heat pump will cool also? I’m so confused man… rookie questions sorry lol

1 Like

haha np, ya it’s a ac unit on roids, runs for a fraction of the cost, heats too usually

So won’t the heat part throw everything off for me?

1 Like

check out Mr cool it’s a self installable mini split, costs about 200 USD more than a portable unit but much better for your setup 850-950$ will solve future issues at the get go,it’s my suggestion by far.

heat goes outside that’s the whole point of a mini split, the portable ones have to be vented ,but the splits have the compressor outside

2 Likes

My 1st question would be have you successfully grown before? You sound like you have too much going on right now lol. Id maybe suggest simplifying things if your new!

Ive been setting up some new rooms over the last couple months myself and did alot of testing before actually putting the plants in.

Cranking my lights to full power and getting the acs and everything figured out with no plants in the room is alot less stressful!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Welcome to OG Terpsnpurps
I hope the VPD chart helps, like golf, difficult to master but try and stay on the green.

2 Likes

I am new but my understanding of co2 use and all that goes with it is pretty decent, that’s why I’m concerned about my temp and or humidity… as far as knowing best equipment or best options I am very uneducated… but this is my very 1st grow with this setup indoors… I’ve grown outdoors before… hence the being lost in all the changes lol.

Thanks for all you guys help and talking this over, I think maybe a swamp cooler may be better, will raise humidity and possibly keep things in range enough, considering only using co2 when Temps and humidity allow it…

Thank you and yes it does… I have another I downloaded from this site I think Fluence Bioengineering_High PPFD Cultivation Guide_v1.2.pdf (1.4 MB)

1 Like

Crank your light to full blast and see what happens.

I sometimes run at 30C no problem.

55% is just about right.

Don’t sweat a few degrees or %points

All the best.

3 Likes

Right on man , I remember at 1st I did that but now see things kind of swing and sway a few degrees or on humidity because of outside or how much inside ac runs and all that , I think I may just be lucky with things being so close to optimal… then I was also thinking I dont want low Temps with co2 if I run it anyway, then I thought the only option would be raise humidity… which led me to the swamp cooler evaporative cooler thing… fingers crossed lol

1 Like

yea being above 60% humidity is kinda scary anyways my man gotta watch out for that mold!

2 Likes

For sure man… mold, root rot, disease, all that are our plants enemies come to life in humid and warm environments… that’s where I worry about a swamp cooler… it may be way too humid for my space

really that depends on the phase of growth, starting very low at first and slowly entering green thru true veg and then moving to higher vpd in true flower, also CO2 levels effect target vpd ,higher temps and Rh are necessary to hit max production. also root size and health are a factor as far as how hard you can push.all environment issues need to be dialed in or it’s pointless ,a waste of money. hense best for non summer grows on the most part imo. I’ll see if I can get a pic of a dialed in crop from just over a yr ago before I switched to no till. (bio canna crop)

Screenshot_20210907-064608 Screenshot_20210907-064626 Screenshot_20210907-064731 . crazy potential awaits those that can keep the vpd between the lines :wink:
that first pic is a 600 g dried and trimmed Munson , she is in a 2x2 ft space, bringing 150 g a square foot. lats pic is grannyskunk buds the size of my leg/waste with side buds

6 Likes

Yeah man looks very nice… I have been closely monitoring my grow room and actually man I am very lucky, I’m running now at about 84 degrees top of tent where light is, 82 degrees where canopy is and rh of 72 percent, kinda phases down to 60 percent when fan kicks on… but it doesn’t very often… I’m running at 400 to 430 ppfd and it all actually is looking super optimal… co2 runs naturally about 800 in my basement, unless I bring in outside air then drops to 400 ish … vpd is definitely at .9 .8… climbs to a 1.1 sometimes… but yeah I’m aware it goes up in flower… above a 1 etc… I’m excited to see how this all pans out… side note… I’ve been going to greenpoint seeds… any suggestion on a really great seed source? I’m happy w greenpoint… but id like more variety

1 Like