Just starting out and am concerned about temps

I have my tent in my basement, there’s air I use from ac duct directed by fan in upper port and I also have bottom port open for venting intake, exhaust is on top opposite side… I have a gavita pro 1700e with trolmaster master controller, co2 setup , 2 Vornado humidifiers… which I regret, they don’t keep up… but Temps rise into 79 ish right now and I’m only operating at 50 percent strength on light… ppfd is being measured by full spectrum quantum sensor… I have ppfd at 400 even right now… plants are deficient and only about 4 weeks old. I’m using advanced nutrients micro grow bloom with b52 and voodoo juice…I also have fish shit and sensizyme… I’m using promix hp cc. Basement is small so it heats up rather quickly and tent fan runs and runs not allowing humidifiers to make a difference. Plus Temps rise to almost 80… too early for co2 so I am worried about Temps and humidity… going higher to fit a vpd that is acceptable with humidity will cause bad things at 70 percent humidity… should I get a portable ac? They seem expensive to run. Any help would be greatly appreciated… I have a cannitrol cool cure box I haven’t even gotten to use … just want to be successful… currently growing seeds from ilgm… I regret buying from them, quite a few did not germinate and I got money back… so I am germinating bruce banner seeds and would love for them to not die like the other 15… I was using happy frog then… now am switched to promix as advanced nutes company suggested was a great option with their product. Forgot to add I also have ac infinity 6 inch exhaust hooked up, so I was wondering if a hybrid of sealed grow during times when home ac doesn’t run enough and outside air isn’t cold enough , and switch to a open window type exhaust for when Temps outside are cold and bring fresh cold air into the room my tent is in mixing with the air and cooling it as well… would this be a good way to go??? Someone please help!!!

6 Likes

With LEDs you want to run air temps about 81-84°F due to lack of IR. You should be good to go for now.

4 Likes

But what about humidity being low… in the 55 percent range

1 Like

And at the moment I’m only running at about 57 percent of this light, later when that goes up to full blast won’t I need to cool my tent more than I am or add humidity etc… I’m running co2 when that time comes and I’ve heard alot and read alot about it but am still unsure about stomata, and what will be optimal as far as transpiration

I live in a desert, I would love 55% RH. :grin:

4 Likes

The AC Infinity exhaust fan, where does it dump air? External or into the lung-room (basement)…

Cheers
G

u will probably have to run something like a hydrofogger in a lung space, they are too much for a tent even the mini, but try a portable heat pump they are cheap to run and can be ducted if need be, the window option is definitely a great option when things cool down. if your air is scrubbed via heppa inline filtration on positive air pressure 70% is definitely doable also helps to use em1 tho idk how well it will work with the a.n. salts.

1 Like

also frass will help with heat issues. love my trollmaster but it’s not worth using CO2 in the heat, venting non stop.im about to set up my CO2 gen again real soon

not the best pic but it’s the I.R.42 a real beast tbh too much for my space unless you got the cooling system (pic is device in operation)

1 Like

I just have the ac exhaust dumping in same room unforunately, it’s a very small limited space, but I may be able to route it further away or something like that… I figured with my house ac unit it could help during warm months but winter months id have to go to window cooling from cold outside air… but at times either the home ac won’t run because it’s nice outside, or Temps are good etc…

That’s what I figured too so at this point wouldn’t a portable ac or something like that work or would it be too non efficient for what I’m doing?

1 Like

a portable heat pump is only a CPL hundred more, you will save that in less than a yrs use but yes either will definitely do, a 9000 btu unit cools 2 1000w hps in a 4x8 sealed space with venting every 20 mins

1 Like

I’m confused at what this is

1 Like

I found it difficult dealing with AC.
I ended up with 2 new air return vents and re-balancing all of the vents twice a year. :laughing:

You have to get the basement (lung-room) stabilized (1st order of business). I’ve been playing around with a portable AC this summer, I’m not impressed.
If you can, I would consider venting the exhaust outside the house. That will really help. If you get that light up to max. you will need to be shedding so heat.

Cheers
G

1 Like

it’s just a nicer portable ac unit with a DC converter and a rotary compressor that’s more efficient

2 Likes

and your right a mini split is best but costs a bunch more, I have all of the above, wish I had more mini splits

2 Likes

But won’t I just put co2 out the window then when I run co2? That’s my main concern, still being able to run it I have it all hooked up and ready just waiting for when it’s time, co2 only gets run for part of the grow and I figured I’d need to cool the room more or humidify it more for co2 uptake and proper stomata function and transpiration rates

1 Like

Where did you find it?

1 Like

when my lights turn on I can take a pic of model, @Oldguy has the same one (we bought them lightly used, tg) possibly he can take one faster I’m a few hrs from lights on yet

2 Likes

Yes, venting cancels out the benefits of CO2…

Hoppiefrog has a good point, a high seer AC unit might be the best answer.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

but need a two hose unit or mcgyver/red green it up and add one haha, mini split is definitely best for CO2 use