1 Like

Yes…I’m 10 characters

2 Likes

Done
@Hashpants is 10.charachters

2 Likes

Not to be confused with having character…lol

3 Likes

curious as to how @DougDawson collects pollen. seems to have massive piles somehow.

2 Likes

I’ve thought about beating them into a bucket…

I like to use Bristol board personally but anything like that will work, I hang them upside down in the centre and just tap the main stalk, closer to the paper the better. Surround by open garbage bags, she travels as I’m sure you know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: keep a spray bottle with water and a touch of bleach to spray the stuff that goes everywhere you don’t collect.

1 Like

I’ll have to see what Bristol board is. That method will work once I chop them sunday/Monday before they become chicken food

1 Like

This mornings open pollination collection. I’ll get a lot more tonight I think. I switched to using a clean glass casserole and a brush… Much easier to collect.

17 Likes

Nice! I think a bucket is a good idea too, if you can sort of mush the whole tops in it will contain a lot. You’ll find what works for you, you’ve got this bro :facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

Yea I’m going to pick up a fresh bucket for the final collection I think. But this glass casserole worked really well. Also going to print a scraper.

2 Likes

Nothing like a full polly! I’m right behind ya got the ladies on Day 6.

4 Likes

Hell ya! That’s awesome dude!

1 Like

Remember that crap we used in school for projects. Those big ass boards? I grab 4 for 1$ at the dollar store. Works well but cardboard works too, the Bristol board you can shape into a funnel though and surround it if need be

2 Likes

Ahhhh OK I gotcha. I think the hardware store has that.

3 Likes

Had a pretty decent pollen harvest, I’ll do this again tomorrow and Sunday I beat them all into a bucket and the males will be done. Pollination is looking beautiful.

26 Likes

@Hashpants how long do I let this dry before I put it into the fridge and freezer for the longer term storage?

3 Likes

Why you asking me ? You’re the one with the job.

4 Likes

Lol you told me to take it out of the fridge so now you have all the answers to go along with your 10 characters.

5 Likes