JustANobody messes up Bodhi's Mango Hashplant

No worries at all, I appreciate you taking the time.

3 Likes

A very solid stretch indica pollen collection tonight! I’m very happy about this, I really want to do targeted breeding with him. Wearing a respirator is making me feel better as well there’s so much pollen

13 Likes

And a very nice open pollination harvest tonight!
Also loving the respirator. I should be doing the first pollen giveaway next week.

14 Likes

One more pollination and harvest tonight and then the males will get pulled out of there tomorrow morning. I’ll probably leave them in tonight and then tomorrow morning cut them down and feed them to the chickens.

6 Likes

What if the chickens started to shit seeds :rofl::see_no_evil:

3 Likes

That’d be sweet, they’d make their own food!

3 Likes

Dibs !

:rofl: / :face_with_monocle:

@JustANobody I may have missed someone else posting this catching up but for my Yogi run which was also open pollination:

I pulled the males at week 5.

Then pulled out the females and sprayed and wiped down the tent to deactivate the pollen as best as possible.

The males were cropped and placed flowers end down into a black 5 gal bucket and then taken to another part of the house where I “shucked” the flowers from the stems leaving a big mess of gold-dust + detrious in there which with a few sifting ended up with a lot of pollen.

Not a @DougDawson fuck-tonne but still it’s a lot.

6 Likes

Nice. I think I’m going to pull at 4 weeks which will be right about tomorrow morning. And then I didn’t plan to clean up for a week or so after. I have 8 males, there’s a shit ton of pollen everywhere.

7 Likes

What size pots do you run again ?

2 Likes

.75 gal to 7 gal. For flower runs 7 gal.

2 Likes

Oh okay, nice. Do you top dress or fertigate usually ?

1 Like

For blumats I top dress if I have to. The only thing in the resiviors for the blumats are beneficial bacteria,a little silica, and mosquito bits.

I’m starting a coco run in my main journal, that will be an automated fertigation set up once in flower, I am hand watering in veg to kind of learn how the plants react.

3 Likes

What are mosquito bits?

2 Likes

Broken up pieces of mosquito dunk tablets made of BTI Bacillus Thurengensis Isrealensis

6 Likes

@Hashpants thanks dude!

2 Likes

And just like that the dudes are chicken feed. I did a pollen harvest last night and doing a big mixed one right now.

13 Likes

I wasnt able to get the pollen shaker @DougDawson recommended by today, it’s on order, but I made a quick one from a mason jar to try out. I’ll have the real deal ahead of my @JAWS FP OG IC1 seed run!

19 Likes

Morning dude, the mason jar one looks pretty legit. Out here in the Midwest Mason jars qualifies for a lot of things!

4 Likes

Mason jars are super useful!

3 Likes

I think I’ll move forward with using just a glass tray and a pollen shaker. The bucket seemed to get more debris in it for whatever reason and the pollen isn’t as clean using the bucket.

10 Likes