JustANobody's Neck Beard Basement Grow

Yeah it’ll totally work, you might want to mix something in there that’s a binder of some sort but soil blocking is awesome, very low-cost and low-impact way to seed start for small farms, I have a bunch of friends who have those little blocker presses to make cubes with, here’s the explanation from the OGest source, Eliot Coleman whose books I love.

https://www.johnnyseeds.com/growers-library/methods-tools-supplies/seed-starting-transplanting/soil-block-makers-eliot-coleman.html

Coleman is a great dude from Maine, super awesome at finding that balance between the traditional and innovative, biology and technology and the human place as mediator between those sometimes. I like that he respects human agency as toolmakers and shapers of our environment while also respecting the power of the natural world and our small place in it. Neat guy!

5 Likes

Thanks! I think this will work well I hope anyways! I took 1 of each cut to try this way and then root riots which I know will work in my setup once they arrive.

7 Likes

This is what the blockers look like BTW:

3 Likes

That’s pretty neat!

3 Likes

your a bit far into flower to be using the mag my brother, like i was saying before use your next run as a guide. how far along are those in this pic.

peace …

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t spray the plants in flower just fed with a watering. Or still too far into flower for it? I don’t spray anything once I see buds. The pics are day 46ish.

2 Likes

ya you can root in that soil, do you plan on putting them into there personal domes until they root ?.

it will work in a pinch …

2 Likes

I have them in a large shared dome I use for cloning.

2 Likes

ya its time now to just let them do there thing, no more adding or spraying anything. well bud boosters if ya use them. next round keep track of when and what and how much, then if they go south sooner then you want you will know you did not add enough while going through your veg stage.

peace …

4 Likes

Awesome, I appreciate the knowledge man.

2 Likes

ahh ya not understanding brother. so the soil is in the root holders ?. am i reading that correctly ?.

humm .

1 Like

Yea I took a 6 pack planter, packed the starter soil into those, used a stick to make a hole, and then inserted the cut in clonex and then into the hole, packed again and into the cloner.

2 Likes

here is what i am talking about, personal humid domes.

so how deep is your soil ?.

peace …

5 Likes

Those starters only like 1.5 inches, think root riot cube size. Once they root they go into solo cups or big cuts like these go into a 3 or 4 inch square pots of my Veg soil. I typically see roots to the edge of the cups within 24 hours of planting.

2 Likes

humm ya not sure what to say to that, i have never tried to root anything in something so small like that. i hope they root for you for-sure, would be interested to know if they do or don’t ?.

cool …

2 Likes

Oh yea I’ll update with the good bad and ugly. That’s my typical rooting size, I find it gets them out of the cloner and into the Veg tent faster that way. Once I see roots poking out into veg they go.

7 Likes

Took at peak at Blockberry and Halle Berry. Looking good in their new homes.

7 Likes

I think this is a nice example of a blackwidow bud getting ready to finish. She will finish in similar time to the MOB. Currently day 47 of 12/12.

11 Likes

Excellent job, gonna have to save that picture for my records :nerd_face:

1 Like

Looking gorgeous. What’s the flower time on her?

2 Likes