Kailash (Chem D x Snow Lotus) Bodhi Seeds

Hey Legs. I’m glad to see your plants growing past that weirdness. I’d say they look good to receive pollen anytime now. If you do it soon, they’ll have plenty of time to ripen the seed before the natural harvest window. Best of luck with your pollinations!! :crossed_fingers::grin:

4 Likes

Thanks for jumping in dude! Maybe I’ll split the difference and do it like next Monday, that would make it between week 2 and 3 of flower

4 Likes

Oh, I thought you were in week 3, my bad! Yeah I’d wait till the 3rd week. Seems to be the sweat spot for 9-10 weekers.:v:

4 Likes

Righton, thanks again for popping in with the advice man :heart::v:t2:

5 Likes

I’ve seen the weird crinkle leaves on my Oaxaca plants. They grew outta it after a couple of months.

So cool to see maple syrup being made! I’ve only had the store bought but can only imagine

4 Likes

Infused maple syrup is so good you better make a batch.

5 Likes

There’s actually a batch in the fridge right now, it’s a bit of a problem for me though because I never just want a little bit of syrup, and that infused shit will get on top of me fast :joy::joy:

9 Likes

I know I was couch locked for hours . I even made a note to not use much. Didn’t help

5 Likes

I’ve been waiting for maple syrup season hoping to be able to snag one of these famed @LegsMahoney bottle.
Now that I hear of this infused version, I’m going to be throwing elbows to get a bottle to try that!!! Y’all watch out lol

Hope things get a little easier for you homie :pray: good vibes!

7 Likes

I’ll jump in the mosh pit!

4 Likes

Especially if it come pre infused ? Hint hint

4 Likes

So I took a look at my notes and realized that tomorrow actually marks the start of week 4, so I decided to get on with the pollination. Chopped the K1 male, and hit the lowers in the remaining ladies. From what I could tell the pollen should be viable, so fingers crossed that it takes :heart::v:t2:

15 Likes

They look so healthy @LegsMahoney Fingers crossed!
How often do you find you have refill the water reservoir using those earth boxes?

4 Likes

Right now it’s averaging like a week in between fills even with two plants in them. The one in the left is a bit slower since it had a stripped male in it that likely wasn’t drinking as fast, and I suspect with him chopped now it’ll continue to drink slower, but yea these earthboxes are pretty rad!

4 Likes

Damn, now I’ve gotta spend more money lol. Thanks for the information!

3 Likes

Happy to share, all credit goes to @CrunchBerries and @BeagleZ and @bassman5420 and a bunch of others for schooling me up on the EBs

3 Likes

Just ordered 2 of them. How can you tell when they need more water? Do you lift them? I lift my pots to see when they need watering buy the weight

3 Likes

No you just look down the tube and when it’s dry add water. Although if you’re using the probiotic method and keeping the res full I’m sure you could just try adding water, there’s an overflow at the bottom that won’t allow you to fill them beyond max capacity, the excess water runs out into a tray underneath. I’m using mine slightly differently, following the method the Jeremy from build a soil outlined in their YouTube videos, biggest difference is letting the res go dry vs. keeping it full all the time. With the probiotic method you’re using LABS in the res which provides facultative anaerobes to keep the soil from going fully anaerobic. Without LABS letting the res go dry before filling it again allows there to be air introduced into the system to keep it from going anaerobic. (Pretty sure that’s the jist but check with one of the smarter heads mentioned above to be sure :heart::v:t2:)

5 Likes

That sounds even better! I like letting my stuff get a little dry before I water again. And this sounds like you could go slightly longer by waiting for the reservoir to dry out. My concern is the long winded Oaxaca I’ve got going outside that I wanted to plant into something large. We get strong drying winds plus 110+ degree summers and don’t wanna be a slave to my water hose or rain buckets. Thanks again :man_dancing: :+1:

3 Likes

Probably worth noting that the overall plant size and different genetics will drink at different rates. When I had two gigantic tomato plants in one of these on the patio last summer I was having to fill the res every 2-3 days. It probably goes without saying, but I just figured I should reiterate, a week in between waterings might not be the normal average depending on all that

2 Likes