Kailash (Chem D x Snow Lotus) Bodhi Seeds

Alright folks, it’s a new year and time for some new seeds to look through. Still trying to sift through my messages to remember what benevolent OGer sent these to me, but I’ve got 5 Kailash F2s that I put in to soak on NYE.

Odds are good that I’ll hang onto any males that show to make a couple handfuls of more seed, but mainly just looking for a potential keeper with that nice narcotic Chem D effect, and hopefully some killer gassy, funky terps. As of today we’ve got 4/5 plants above ground in my little propagation station:

The fifth one had only the tiniest little nubbin of a root popping from its shell when it went into the soil, and has yet to break through. Hoping it’ll decide to join the party, but I’m not really counting on it at this point. In the meantime let’s meet the cast of characters:

K1 (the class valedictorian):

K2:

K3:

K4:

These little ones are maybe like 3-4 days above soil. I’m slowly opening the vents on the dome to harden them off, in the next couple days they’ll migrate to the veg tent to get some bulk on em before we move into the next phase.

I’m debating the order of operations with this grow. Ive got a blue tara mother that I want to take cuts from and flower. I’m thinking that depending on the speed of growth on these little ones and how quickly they show sex I may wait on cutting clones to see if I can run the females from these seeds along side the blue tara cut. Or, if things are going slow I may take cuts of the blue tara and maybe some more Good Medicine #5 to flower out ahead of these and then rotate these into flower after the fact. It’ll all really come down to timing and numbers. This next flower run (whatever it ends up being) will be my first round in two earth boxes with the brand new HLG 300Rspec light inside my trusty 3x3 flower tent, so new territory across the board there, I’m chomping at the bit to get some plants under it so I’m anxious to see the plan develop itself from here.

As of all that isnt enough, I had gotten some seeds from a build-a-soil patreon giveaway from the breeder kid.Kaya, his Super Yahmba line which is Gelato 33 x Yahmba (the white x rozay.) 3 seeds in total showed up like two days ago in time for the full moon so those went into water last night, and we’ll see what comes of them. Depending on how all the moving pieces settle for this those seeds may run along side these Kailash seeds, or may be their own separate thing alltogether, I’ll keep everyone abreast of that whole deal. In the meantime, that’s the show, feel free to hang out and we’ll see what this all turns into. Big Love to everyone :heart::heart::v:t2::heart::heart:

56 Likes

Awesome I’m also running a Chem D cross (Chem D x Purple Punch), so I’m interested to see similarities :+1:

5 Likes

So I got curious and dug up the 5th Kailash seed only to find these little thread like white worms crawling in and out of the popped seed, never encountered this one before, anyone have any ideas what they might be? I took a video of them but I’m not sure how to host it to be able to post here

4 Likes

Never heard or seen that. Hope you figure out how to post it here as I’d really like to see that.

2 Likes

So I spoke to a friend of mine who confirmed that there are in fact parasites that feed on seeds. No positive ID on these thread worm things in particular, but dude said that he’s lost seeds to bugs and such eating the embryo, which is what it looked like was happening with that 5th Kailash seed. The other four seeds are up And healthy, and this dude seemed to think that they’re probably fine if they made it through germination. I will, however, likely give those four a soil drench with some Dr. Zymes or neem or something when they’re ready for more water. Just in case. Super fucking weird stuff, but I guess you see/learn something new every day. If anyone knows the best way to upload a phone video here I’d love to share what I have to see if anyone can help me ID these things

11 Likes

You can post to YT then link from there.

Could they be Pot Worms? I get them in my soil or worm bin when my soil is too acidic. Normally would just add egg shells to neutralize soil ph and they go away.

4 Likes

From the research in doing it seems like that might be what they are. For some reason youtube won’t let me upload this as anything other than a short, probably because of the short run time, but the image quality is way downgraded, but you can kind of make the little things out on the seed:

https://youtube.com/shorts/e2WRyBgK8qE?feature=share

5 Likes

Couple screenshots from the video:

8 Likes

Damn, look at that! Wonder what in the hell that thing is?

3 Likes

Kind of a trip right?

3 Likes

This is way better, recropped the video and somehow figured out how to upload without quality loss:

8 Likes

I use imgur to post videos

Ohh too late hahaa

1 Like

Probably should’ve thought of that

2 Likes

I thought you were posting a video of a bumble bee at first and was like WTF lol

Why’d you squish the bee man!?!??!?

3 Likes

That was weird shit right there, like something from a alien movie

4 Likes

I take the same line with bees that the 40yr Old Virgin takes with women:

“I respect them so much I completely stay away from them!!”

6 Likes

Dude it feel very “invasions of the seed snatchers” for sure :alien:

5 Likes

I read that in this dudes voice :joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Looks like pinworms, the kind kids get from playing in the sandbox… yikes!

Definitely a parasite, which reminds me…
futurama-season-3-4-parasites-lost-fry-intestines-worms
Put one on an Egg Salad Sammie & see if you get super smart :laughing:

Seriously though wash your hands after touching that soil.

4 Likes

I didn’t even know this was a thing…

:exploding_head:

3 Likes