Kailash (Chem D x Snow Lotus) Bodhi Seeds

The difference is usually night and day. Not tryna hijack your thread. Just share some optimization:)

mm

2 Likes

Great recovery job! MOB didn’t have any blueberry terps for me. I canned her because she went into flower under 18 hours of light and only after I canned her did Farmer Joe inform me that she goes into flower if she gets rootbound :roll_eyes: Anywho… this is a great cut… crystal-covered and super terpy with a quick finish…but don’t let her get rootbound :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

No sweat man, always happy to hear different opinions.

That’s good to know! I don’t know how you hold a mom of a variety that does that other than just clone it more often, thanks for sharing that info though, bummer to hear it didn’t have any blueberry terps, that’s what I was most looking forward to, we’ll have to see when the time comes what she puts out in my environment

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree… maybe you will get totally different results. Yes, that was what FJ420 suggested…make new moms often so that any single mom does not get rootbound.

3 Likes

Fuck my plant count right?? Hahaha

3 Likes

Yes, decrease your count: You only have one cultivar :joy:
Nobody knows what goes on in your secret space except for you, unless you post to a public forum :rofl:

2 Likes

Morning y’all, brief update here, not a lot noteworthy going on at the moment. We passed the 14 day mark yesterday and it seems like the K1 male is light years ahead of his sisters in terms of flower development. This guys i bulking up his flower sets while the others haven’t even put together cotton balls yet. Very curious to see how this goes overall, I may end up needing to bag, collect, and store Pollen from K1 to time it out properly with the ladies, but we’ll see, maybe they’ll catch up in time. Some shots of everyone below, be good y’all :heart::heart::v:t2:

21 Likes

Holy shit Legs, that male is really given er! It may be the result of the hard trim and it feels like it better hurry up and spew. :thinking: Looks like it’ll work out though. If you bag that thing for 2 weeks, you should get plenty of pollen and by then the females will be at 4weeks in and ready to receive.
Did you decide to collect elsewhere and do the paint brush thing or are you just gonna let it fly @LegsMahoney ? :grin::v:

4 Likes

I’m gonna try to bag him and let him dump into the bag, then chop him and pull him out, collect the pollen and then go back at the ladies with a paintbrush on some selected branches. Trying to see if it’s a viable way to do targeted pollinations in these earthboxes or in a bed etc. would certainly be easier to be doing this in individual pots but fuck it, we’re playing around and might just learn something here right?

5 Likes

Right on, for sure Legs. There’s strategies for doing selected pollinations, in the flower room, without seeding the whole crop. You’ve probably already been looking in to it, I imagine, but feel free to message me when the time comes, if you want a “sounding board” to bounce ideas off of.
:grin::v::canada:

5 Likes

i really like the bodhi logo in there

2 Likes

Hey fam, sorry for the lack of updates here, I’ve been single dad-ing it while the wife is away in a work trip the last couple of days and free time has been at a premium. Went down to fill the res this morning and noticed that the K1 male was starting to drop pollen from the lowers, so today old boy went in the bag, here’s some shots of his flower clusters and the aftermath of the bagging. Surprisingly he was starting to get really purple on his top cola, very cool.

Beyond that the plants look largely fine, but I noticed some of the new growth doing some weird stuff l, the leaves look like they’re curling or deformed somehow, photos below, curious if anyone has seen this before and what it could be? I’ve been letting things get pretty cold and dry in the tent lately, and I also did a pretty heavy top dress with some doctor earth bloom formula recently, I’m curious if it could be related to that or if maybe it’s just some quirky thing the plants are doing

Open to any and all ideas. That’s about it, be good y’all :heart::heart::v:t2:

11 Likes

i dunno, id check it with a 60x scope to check for micro mites

5 Likes

I can see the leaf thing in the pics, but I don’t know what it is haha. I wouldn’t worry about it too much (unless it looks way weirder in person), sometimes leaves just do weird things, especially early on in flower.

4 Likes

oh that is weird, like they all got pinched in the middle. Even on the male?
I’d LITFA and see if they grow out of it :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I think it was my last grow and had something like that happen. It was on just one node then gone, never to be seen again. Thought it might be a critter, but it just stopped mysteriously. You good!

5 Likes

Thanks fellas, I was thinking the same approach just let it ride. It’s happening on all the plants right now at the newest growth so I’ve got an eye out for critters, but gonna just let ‘er go and see what happens.

5 Likes

Ive had the same thing happen @CrunchBerries Figured it was a hiccup that worked itself out.

6 Likes

Just wanted to follow up on the leaf weirdness. I clipped some samples and looked at them under a 60x - 120x microscope to check for micro mites (russets specifically) no signs that I could see on any of the affected leaf samples. So gonna roll with the LITFA approach, might take more samples in a week or so if these gals are still displaying this weirdness, but i at least feel better that they’re not crawling with russets. :heart::v:t2:

8 Likes

What’s up everyone, haven’t been as active as usual around here for the past couple weeks, logging in and seeing my unread notifications stack up is a bummer. Had a run of weird shit, kid got sick, I got sick, wife left for a work trip, then my wife got sick, and work really ramped up all at the same time so I’ve been treading water for a while, but hopefully starting to come out of it. Amidst the melee I was able to get the tap line out for the year, and I seemed to time it perfectly seeing as after two days of having the buckets up we got 25 gallons of sap, which is a lot for our small-ass little operation.

If things continue at that pace we’ll likely have more than enough syrup to do a little giveaway like I did on my good medicine thread for all the homies who hang out and shoot the shit, so stay tuned later this spring for that.

Getting to the grow things are progressing along. All the plants are starting to out on their cotton balls, and for the most part the new growth seems to be working it’s way out of the leaf weirdness that I was seeing before. I’m still scratching my head as to what that was about. Ultimately I ended up turning down the light intensity a little bit, and I also happened to test the ph of my water the other day and noticed that it was way higher than usual, so this most recent round of filling the res I actually tested and adjusted the ph to the proper range. Not sure what, if anything might have been the cause/solution but I’m glad it doesn’t seem to be persistent, those fucked up leaves are a real bummer to look at. Here’s just a random jumble of photos:

K3 is the stretchiest of the bunch:

I cut open the top of the bagged K1 male to check on the flower development and there’s a good little dusting of pollen in the bottom of the bag. Tentative plan is to let it go until next Friday which would make around 3 weeks of flower before I cut it down and hit some branches. @Budderton i wanted to hit you up to see if you thought that’d be a good amount of time? The ladies are looking primed up for pollen, and I don’t want to miss the window to be sure I get some properly developed seeds.

Beyond that my friends there’s not much more to report, hoping that life mellows out a little more here soon so I can get back to hanging more frequently here with all you good people. Love you all, talk soon :heart::v:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

20 Likes