Kashmir Crowdsource Testing

So, today is the finish of week 10 for the AK girls. I don’t think they are done yet. I’m gonna check them again on Wednesday, but I’m thinking they need another full week to reach peak.

A few amber trichomes are just showing up, but 99% still milky, and plenty of white pistils showing.

The number 4 plant has some nice chubby buds, that have been getting fatter all week.

A sample of seeds collected so far. These beans are a slightly lighter brown than some other strains. The pic doesn’t show it, but they are tan. Almost buckskin color. But nice striping patterns. I probably have over 100-150 that have fallen out of the lower popcorn buds so far. There will be at least 400 after harvest.

The smell is still very burnt rubber, but there’s also some cedar and spice smell in there. It’s pleasant, not gross like it maybe sounds.

26 Likes

Wow. Yeah, she looks like she’s still got some energy in her. I wonder if the pollination affected that.

I’ve got another clone of the mom a week into flower, as of today,(June 13th.) I’ll see if she can make it to thirteen weeks, happy and in high spirits. That would be a harvest date of September 1st or so. Might get lucky and have her outdoors in full sun for the last couple weeks.

7 Likes

Any guesses for final height? She’s growing so. fast!

14 Likes

Looks like she’s doubled in size in the last two weeks since the last pic; assuming a similar growth rate from now until second week of august; she’ll double in size four more times at least.

So my guess is, if she’s a 2 foot (60cm) cube right now, I’d guess she’ll top out close to a 9ft (1500cm) cube.

8 Likes

Well, it’s official, I got another female, making three out of four. One male. I have two in 5 gal felt and the latest one went into a 3 gal felt. Gonna keep the male and move him to a bigger pot. He’s been very patient and hasn’t started growing any pollen flowers yet. perfect. I may still put one in the ground. It seems like I fimmed the one 5g female but not the variegated. She’s in a 5, too. I would like to al least get some seeds on a limb or two to tray and capture that trait. Maybe it’s time for me to start reading more about breeding.

I really like the looks. Very close to a full sativa leaf. Sort of slow growing, really, and just never any issues. I may go try and catch a flash pic before full dark.

7 Likes

Is there any availability of these genetics still?

1 Like

Beautiful seeds. Landrace make strong seeds and those look perfect.

4 Likes

Not sure, he sent the seeds out a while back, but if they’re all gone looks like others are making some. If I have any left over I could donate a few, too. I’m still figuring out how many to plant. peace

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply.

I’ve been smoking for almost 20 years, growing for 3. After seeing how 90% of the grow community is only focused on growing “fire” like ice cream cake or gelato or whatever crazy shit they’ve bred into f1s-2s nowadays I wanted to do whatever I could to get my hands on legit landrace genetics that don’t need to be crossbred and modified and what not, keep them around for people to grow until I die

15 Likes

@TestOfOath, after I harvest my plants, and give the seeds a few weeks to dry properly, I’ll be passing the beans around… so I can send you some.

11 Likes

I’d deeply appreciate it if you kept me in mind, could see if I had anything you wanted as a trade instead of giving em as well

3 Likes

You will not be forgotten, my friend :+1:

4 Likes

@firehead if you have a spare handful of beans I’d be honoured to run it on one of my future grows.

2 Likes

What a beautiful plant. What’s the linage of the cross made? I would trade newer stuff for gear from before 2000 any day.

1 Like

Lmfao. @Xianpreservation83 The very first post in the thread details it.

They’re all purebreds. These are the same Kashmir seeds I offered you in PM. The batch Firehead just made would be P5 out of the “wild.”

11 Likes

Damn fine work Diggy was just thinking i should pop some of the azad crosses i made thanks to you

3 Likes

Just found this thread, this is really cool… The best cannabis experience ive ever had was with the charas in India, i dont know the exact origin, but ive been dreaming about recreating something similar for the last decade. Ill be keeping an eye on this thread and all your collective works, hopefully join in the fun sooner or later. Probably a little early, but has anyone made any water extraction from the azad kashmir yet? I currently have one of bodhis DLA4 (kashmir x 88ghp) in the ground and my fingers crossed.

7 Likes

i would think they would make for good extraction they have lots of resin

4 Likes

Harvested the 2 AK girls yesterday. 2 days before of the 11 week finish mark.

Lots more amber trichomes present. I’d call them finished, but there were still a few white pistils and they could have gone even one more week. So, I’d say this strain (at least the girls I kept) is a 11-12 weeks. Pick your own sweet spot.

Smells still very burnt rubber, but also a weird spice smell… like cardamom? and… some funky cheese smell too?

After drying and some curing I’ll post a smoke report.

11 Likes

I’m excited about all this talk of “burnt rubber”, “funky engine exhaust”, and even some of the more palatable smells. I’m always hunting for unique smell profiles!

5 Likes