Katsu Airwolf diary

Havent seen much info at all on this strain and it catches my eye everytime Im scrolling through katsus page, but gassy, funky, banana terps??? Count me in!!!
I just recently switched over to coco from soil so im still in the learning process, but from the few testers ive started in coco already, im extremely impressed, considering how intimidated I was of starting a new growing method.
My media is just cheap bricked coco that gas been washed, strained, buffered with calmag, and amended with perlite.
Im running canna coco a&b. Im not running the full line, but using a&b (obviously) and canna Rhizo. These nutes are hella expensive, but from what ive seen so far, they are worth every penny and i will slowly be adding the full line up to my arsenal.
Here we go.

26 Likes

Been very curious about this one have seen it on the Romulan Genetics site

2 Likes

I’ve got a pack of airwolf waiting to be popped myself and quite a few of the other katsu/romulan colabs.

I’ll be watching… :eyes:

1 Like

I’m ready to see this one, that’s an all star collaboration, been glad to see @RomulanGenetics getting that heirloom cut out there to other breeders. I just got surprised with a Big Don freebie when I ordered some @Tonygreen G-Unit fems, that’s Romulan x GG4 RIL. Dogwalker was always one of my favorite OGs, good name for the effect it gives.

3 Likes

Super interested in this !

Didn’t know Romulan was heirloom. After the whole Romulan drama I was left very curious about it. (Fortunate to be on the Romulan F2 seedrun).

2 Likes

Oh yeah super old, Korean war soldiers brought home the seeds:

From Romulan Genetics website

“This was eventually how Romulan came to be, but it was first known by a very different name: Port Alberni Pinebud. In California, it was called Pine Mtn. bud among a few other names. But it was all coming from the same source, that group of veterans who grew and met during camping trips together. They started meeting up, and eventually working together on the cannabis they were breeding. It started well before Jake’s father got involved, with veterans returning home from the Korean war. They brought back seeds from an amazing strain they had sampled, called Thai. The Korean Thai seeds were grown back home in the BC area, and Norcal area but these veterans found it very difficult to grow in those regions. Eventually when Jake’s father and other veterans got involved, they introduced a Mexican sativa into the mix. And later a Colombian landrace was added, most likely Colombian Red, in the late 1970’s. Eventually an Afghani Indica was bred in, but they did not like the results entirely, so they back crossed it with the Colombian Red again before they found what they were looking for. This original set of F1 seed stock are what brought P. Alberni Pinebud, P.A. Purple, and other notable strains to come from that region at that time.”

5 Likes

Love some Dogwalker OG, and others seem to like Romulan. This cross always caught my eye. Be following along.

3 Likes

You had me at Airwolf!

8 Likes

Been wanting to purchase some Katsu seeds, excited to hear about these banana terps.

Heres an update on the Airwolfs. These plants are just absolutely vigorus. Besides the one runt in the back, they are all fairly uniform and they reek like high hell in veg. Just flipped to 12/12 so now we wait till they reveal themselves.

9 Likes

Are you going to make some F2s from these?

Probably not. Im so limited on space and time. Will probably just pheno hunt the best girly of the bunch and reveg if its worth keeping around.

1 Like

I have a couple of packs, and I have been unable to find anything online except seedbank advertisements and stuff from the show. Best of luck with it!

Quick weekly update on the airwolfs. Been a week since i flipped em. They are just blowing up and absolute vigorous plants that reek already.

5 Likes

Quick update on the airwolf. Ended up culling 5 males so im left with 5 girls. I went on an ice fishing trip to Michigan for a few days and couldn’t believe how much they filled out in a few days. Defiantly needed to cull some to make room since im limited on space. They are just now showing sex and reek to high hell. Im getting strong scents of fuel/ dog shit!!! Getting excited

2 Likes

looking good and and that’s a great sign those smells you’re getting :wink:

Got me excited to do an open pollination with my pack.