Katz third attempt

The only sure way to fail is not to try. Lesson learned :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Combing through your thread was looking at the last pic a little concerned with those leaf that are puckering or ridgeing if thatā€™s the right word not sure. I would re-evaluate your soil profile and maybe try some different mixes with the promix base. EWC, compost, maybe a little more aeration in the soil also. Iā€™m wondering if your getting dry pockets in the containers also?

3 Likes

I will have to look up what that is, but thanks a lot for the suggestions. It will take a few tries before I get my soil mix right. What kind of compost would you use? I will have to read up on that too.

Anyways, got some pics of the new babies. We have had a few casualties, I am going to blame my brown thumb on their demise. so all in all we are down to 19. I lost 6 and there is one more not looking so good.

So picture one shows some yellowing that a couple of my babies have going on. I am not sure why, it doesnā€™t seem like theyā€™re crisping up or anything, just yellowing.

Picture two is of the last baby I have concern about. She just seems stunted. Is there anything I can do about that? Or, is she just a runt and I just have to wait.

Picture three is kinda hard to tell, this girl was bent over when I found her, so her head was all cockeyed. anyways more yellowing without crisping.

Picture four is another hard one to tell, at least in the preview to my right here. Its leaves are twisting, again no crisping. I am confused.

Picture five is one of my better looking girls. Its one of the bag seed girls, off to a good start in my opinion.

Picture six is another girl with yellowing.

@cogitech Heres the one afghani that popped, One of my better of the bunch.

Anyways, todays day 9 of being in the tent. going to switch the lights over soon to 16/8 in the next few days. I canā€™t wait to see how this one goes.

3 Likes

Good luck , they look amazing. Youā€™ll love it here. Everyone is so nice. Take care .looking forward to seeing some of your grow. Mechelle x

2 Likes

Why 16/8 for the light ??
Ds

EWC= earth worm castings

Homemade is always the best you can try municipal stuff but I feel one is rolling the dice when using everyoneā€™s elseā€™s trash
Feel free to hit my thread " Tinytuttle grow chronicles " I do the entire build from start to finish

1 Like

If ya feel the little ones might be getting a little top heavy and fear that they might flop over anytime take about a third length of bamboo skewer and a twist tie and do a loose wrap around stem and skewer to help support it. Little air movement , quivering of the leaves strengthens the stem in short order.

Thanks for the luck. We take all of that we can get here haha. Good luck to you as well. Itā€™s been a while but I did stumble upon your diary one day.

Unless Iā€™ve wrote it wrong 16 hours of light and 8 hours of dark is what I want to veg them at. I donā€™t know just thought keep it close to nature. Iā€™ve heard of guys vegging at 24 hours of light and a few other combos but I like to stick to what I believe to be the norm.

@Tinytuttle I will have to give that a read sometime. I always love new bathroom material lol. Thanks for All the knowledge, much appreciated.

Anyways not much has changed in the tent. If something happens Iā€™ll get some pics on but other than that weā€™re kinda in snoorsville lol. Thanks again for all the props and info.

1 Like

Itā€™s normally 18/6 as opposed to 12/12ā€¦ But you can do your ā€œnaturalā€ method if you like but reading 10 minutes the FAQ could be good BEFORE starting to growā€¦(for the plantsā€¦ )
DS

Just to be sure you are understanding what I am saying. I have almost finished my 2 weeks of 24/0 and I am going to flip them to 16/8.

Hey Katz, is this what you bought?

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/pro-mix-organic-vegetable-herb-mix-85-l-0594371p.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5uy4p5KM3wIVldlkCh2OCgiaEAAYAyAAEgLYuvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

If so, that is amended (hot) soil and is more than likely the cause of your issues. Young cannabis plants typically donā€™t like hot soils like this. With your last grow, you were also dosing chemical nutes on top of this hot soil. This might explain things better than your fart theory. :slight_smile:

When people use Pro Mix to grow cannabis, they typically use regular Pro Mix (HP or ā€¦) which has no fertilizers in it at all. They then amend the Pro Mix with perlite, dolomite lime, and EWC. The EWC is a mild, secondary source of nutrition for the plants as they grow through veg and flower.

https://www.promixgardening.com/en/product/detail/pro-mix-hp-mycorrhizae?&

Also, those containers are pretty large for such small seedlings. If you are watering the entire container of soil, it is impossible for the little seedling to uptake enough water to rid the soil of excess water. They really hate that. Let them dry out really well, and only water them near the stems, about the size of a loonie. Barely moist is what you are going for. In the photos, the soil looks soaked to me. Solving this will not solve your hot soil issue, though.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the advice. So just for clarification, a hot soil has nutrients in it already? I knew my soul had some but I didnā€™t think it would be enough to harm my plants. I most definitely noticed the pots were too big, but by the time I did, they were already in them. Lesson learned. And I guess I should ā€œclear the airā€ before someone calls CAS (cannabis aid society)ā€¦haha the fart story was a cover up of course, but not from my hands. Letā€™s just leave it at happy wife, happy lifeā€¦why must they know where it hurts the most lol. Anyways I donā€™t plan on going any bigger with the pots so as far as I know I canā€™t do anything about the soil. Iā€™ll just have to wait until next round. Oh and the watering thing, I was struggling hard to keep the tall girl in the last grow hydrated. Would changing the soil help this problem as well? I premesure my water to kinda keep track and the short one was fine with 1.875 litres but it wasnā€™t enough for tall one. Anyways, I should probably take @Dee.S73ā€™s advice and read a bit more of the FAQ instead of just taking shots in the dark, probably save a lot of time and pain. Thanks again everyone for stopping by. All advice is always welcome.

5 Likes

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/pro-mix-all-purpose-soil-mix-0594366p.html#srp

1 Like

Once again, that is fertilized (hot) mix. Just not organic this time.

The Pro Mix you want is posted above. I couldnā€™t find the right stuff at CT which is why I immediately zeroed in on your Pro Mix choice in your intro post. I had to go across town to Home Hardware to get mine. It comes in a massive, plastic packed bale, not a bag of loose mix. Might be harder to find now that it is off season for gardening in Canada.

If you canā€™t find it, you can always make your own by buying peat moss and mixing in a really good portion of perlite. Pro Mix already has perlite in it, but I add more to really bring up the perlite content.

4 Likes

Ahhh I get it. Good to know. I will have to take some time on the next grow. I guess the makers of LIFTA need to make some concoction that unhypes you haha. Thanks for the support.

2 Likes

We at LITFA tried, but they claimed that Xanax and Nyquil were not a fertilizer.

8 Likes

just a quick check in. Switched the lights over last night as they are two weeks old. After previewing my post I guess I should say pic number two is not for people with a weak stomach as it might make you sick.

Here they all are.

Here is one that is having some trouble. I think I read something about light intensity but I thought I read somewhere in the faq about a nutrient deficiency or overload. Anyways comments always welcome.

2 Likes

Looks like Bad genetics to me. Any other shows this?

2 Likes

Yeah thereā€™s another that looks slightly like it. Both of them care from a mendo glue a buddy had herm on him. I have been trying hard to figure this genentic thing out. I donā€™t remember the story in these seeds case but letā€™s say you had a girl stress herm on you, would that create bad genetics or is more of a shitty mom and dad thing?

1 Like