Keeper Strains?

Giga zkittles. I kept a clone of her going for a few years till I got bored with her. Did some cross breeding and now have a family of hybrids with her cuts as P1 for most.

9 Likes

I found a Panama red x Blue Magoo BX2 in a freebie and kept that around for about a year and a half, very wonderful smell and a floral bouquet to the smoke. Sweet in a joint.

I lost it in a little security scare years back and didnā€™t find another like it in the other three seeds I grew.

1 Like

Iā€™m the creator of the strain. She produces from seed so I can grow as much of her as I like. For 5 years I only grew her. The past couple of years I decided to cross her with some different strains to add color and different flavors. You knowā€¦. The stuff kids like.

9 Likes

Interesting to know. Is there much variability in phenotypes?

@Mestizo
Not really too much diversity. I get a tall sativa type and a Christmas tree type structure. The same as I started with. All bud looks the same.
The main differences is placement of the bud.
When I breed, it tend to pick plants that show a combination of the plant structures. The terps will be slightly different, but only a few will notice it.

first phenos. I breed away from the straight plant because it took forever to finish. But recently it popped back up, but is much quicker and has thicker buds.
I have a couple of mutations in it as well. I keep the mutant line separated or course.
I call the mutation Medusa. This version of it will split the colas and form 2 heads. I call it double dragon. this one is not a Medusa, I ran across the pic so I included it to show the mix of the phenos.
this is the Medusa. She is a wild one.

25 Likes

Impressive yield and nice structure. Can see why you keep going back.

2 Likes

Plus her potency will knock your socks off. It hard to find anything else that satisfies like she does.
The Nympho is the kinda bud that you hear aboutā€¦.the kind everybody says they haveā€¦ but no one is producing.
For real, the Nympho is a take 2 hits and put it out strain. I know thatā€™s crazy with her being an autoflower. But itā€™s the truth. And thatā€™s why I have kept her for so long. I canā€™t find anything else to treat me how i like to be treated.

4 Likes

Maybe somewhere down the line seeds were femmed?

1 Like

We have held a gelato cut for about 3 years. 56 day flower, great yield, easy to trim. The people love her.

Casey Jones x Sour Bubble bx1. Straight pain relief.

8 Likes

Very impressive skills Sir Blu-Tri.

Monsters!!! Super healthy looking plants man

Amazing work!

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait to try some day. I know we will make it happen.

Hit me up in the box. And we can make it happen when ever you are ready.

3 Likes

The ā€œcreeperā€ mutation

2 Likes

@anonymous4289ā€™s apollo ape is one Iā€™m gonna try to keep around. Theyā€™re growing really nicely, and start putting on trichomes early in flower weā€™ll see how she smokes after harvest but my expectations are high, thankfully I still have more of the seeds so if I could get a male and a female going next time Iā€™ll be stoked, if I donā€™t guess Iā€™ll have to keep a mom. Wish I had kept a mom of that banana Laffy taffy tasting g13 from my first grow.

4 Likes

Also I gotta figure out which of my plants this rotten grapefruit smell is coming from. I want to keep that around too :grin:

2 Likes

I think this is what Breeder Steve is working on.

Here he is talking about it on Future Cannabis Project on youtube
Breeder Steve - Breeding for Female Sterility

5 Likes

I see why you call it Medusa. Getting flashbacks of the old Clash of the Titans movie LOL. Nice looking plants! Great yield on a short structure.

4 Likes

I figured it wouldnā€™t take long before somebody started breeding for that trait. Indeed, it appears thatā€™s just what he is doing. Landrace Mafia website on Instagram has pictures of a sterile female plant. Growing in a field of a million plants and not a seed on it. With hemp production kicking into full swing, it may be the only viable option someday for some Growers to be able to grow outdoors.

3 Likes

Man would love to try that 2 hitter, been looking for something like that for my medical conditions,

2 Likes

I never thought of that ! Thats a scary thought :flushed:

1 Like