Keeping Sativas small with Upstate

I couldn’t agree more, its awesome info!
In September I’ve a 4 plant Sativa Landrace grow happening, and height is Issue # 1
Good Luck on your grow @420noob

Pretty sure Sept is as follows

• Peshawar
  • Durban Poison
  • Oaxacan
  • Acapulco Gold
5 Likes

I think @Foreigner is right. As far as temps go, Cold night temps probably don’t hurt, and might be a weapon I don’t even realize I am using. It gets cold here at night. 40’s-60’s during summer. I have no choice, so the plants have no choice.

6 Likes

Yeah me too. It will be what it will be.

4 Likes

Topping a sativa when the first pistils emerge in a clump will stop height gain. So, if one gets away from you, try that.
@Garden-Buddy night time temps should be lower than daytime temps. A 20+ degree swing improves potency/ resin

9 Likes

My dark temperatures have always been cooler than Lites-running temps, only to mimic Nature a bit… Let the plant do what it must do

3 Likes

For me it depends when I run my lights but the room is always cold in the winter and hot in the summer and since I can’t control it I don’t worry about it too much.

7 Likes

Lol Exactly!

2 Likes

On a reverse note this should tell us to make sure we up pot if we are looking for yields in some strains. I am surprised to see that much difference so quickly though.

2 Likes

Thanks for this thread @Upstate
I was blessed by @Budderton recently and wondered how I was going to keep the sativa small.
It will be my first true landrace sativa and excited to get them going. :vulcan_salute: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I actually had to put my long flower in hold a couple months as temps are going to be 105°+ in about a month. Don’t know how theyll take the heat but have a clone ready for flower tent when she’s done then long flower when I can control temps better. My tent gets up to 96°+ in hottest part of summer. So will be starting seds in august. Thank you I’ve been really absorbing the info. :+1:

1 Like

Happy accident discovering that trick. Keep us posted if it’s accurate for you, too.

3 Likes

Oaxaca handles 100 degrees

11 Likes

I’m hoping it’s pretty good about 60’s and 50’s - crazy weather here for first of June….

1 Like

Yeah I imagine it would feel right at home

2 Likes

how is that bloody monster? is it stretchy? slow flower? indica/sativa? i got some seeds from the great THseed that is a cross of that with window bomb.

1 Like

Bloody Monsters start at picture #20

That tent is a perfect example of how NOT to keep plants small. To be accurate they’re mondo vigorous hybrids.

5 Likes

thank you.
it looks hybrid…down the middle maybe. the buds look a bid indica/skunk though.
frosty for sure. how’s the smoke?

2 Likes

I got three different frames, a squat one, a taller one and the beast on the left. The beast has, after some time in the jar, taken on a nice garlic :garlic: note and is fast acting. Nice stone that’s not drowsy but no threading needles or heavy machinery. The other two were sweeter and more dense bud forms but the same buzz.

2 Likes

Weeeellll idk. The Frankenstein lineage is rather large.

2 Likes

Here’s the oaxaca plants now. On the edge of the photo on the right you can See that the plant that was in the One gallon container early on Is about twice the size of the others now.

6 Likes