Keeping Sativas small with Upstate

Big size difference now. I’ll let the photo speak for itself.

I think I’m at week 8 or so. The plant on the left is 3 feet. All are Silversides s1. It’s possible the plant on the right is a short pheno, but look at the difference between the two on the left. Same plant basically.

17 Likes

I guess the only thing about the smaller ones are the teeny tiny yields you’re gonna get. That’s the reason I grew it outside and in a larger pot.

2 Likes

I just started Odisha (20+ flowering). Great tips in here to keep them small for my project and when I want to run then for smoke. Thanks! :vulcan_salute: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

What a brave soul.

1 Like

You feminized old silversides? That’s f@#king amazing! I’ve been looking for fem long flower but usually they are hybrid for shorter times as well from what I’ve found. Good strong looking growth.

2 Likes

Old Silversides is a very slight hermie. When shuffled between hps, metal halide and the sun, it will make a few male flowers. Grown without overly stressful conditions, she is stable.

6 Likes

Very tiny yield. As far as miniaturization of old Silversides, it’s one of those situations where I wonder why I did it😁

4 Likes

haha yea I germed 2 then decided to get 2 more going after reading the tips in this thread.

I’m looking for a good male and good female for the project. I will keep them in solo cups as long as can and hopefully only have to go to 1 gallon. I’m not looking for monsters as I’m trying to make seeds.
Odisha x Affie #9

3 Likes

Sounds like a tough one, finishing in one gallon, but It’s possible. Go from solo cup, to quart, to half gallon, and then one gallon. Post your results here if you’d like. Good luck! Odisha is a beast.

5 Likes

It will be challenging as it’s my first attempt at making seed, Love a good challenge. :sunglasses:

When up potting, have you found a certain number of days that works best to keep them happy or go by the plant’s overall health?

I have 2 and 3 gallon pots available too if I need to use them too.

1 Like

I just go by the plants health. I keep them happy in whatever container they are in until I can’t, and then I transplant.

4 Likes

Oh, I know. I’ve been following along over there. :wink:

I fear that I would never have the time or the patience to pull that off. Surely couldn’t see myself getting into a commitment like that either, lol. To much time for things to go south. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I hear yeah. It is a big one for me as I’m not one to have patience. It will be a test in itself. :joy:

My main thing is getting the timing down so the seeds will mature and finish in the OV. Also the other concern is pollenating my other tent lol. I probably will get two harvests in the other tent before the OV finally finishes. So, I can keep some sanity throughout the process.

If all goes well, I will hopefully cut the flowering time down a little and make some interesting smoke. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yeah, the accidental pollination would be a concern for sure. I’ve got pollen in my space atm, and I treat it like a biohazard! :rofl:

3 Likes

Curious if you are going to do the cross in both directions? Odisha male to female ahp and ahp male to female odisha? I’d be curious about how different the expressions are

2 Likes

@blowdout2269 haha definitely :joy: "dont breathe pollen out "

@Emeraldgreen I’m very curious as well. I want to do both directions. What I’m doing first is ahp male to OV female. It really comes down to a matter of space. I would have to wait until this first side is done and take cuts of the OV males and AHP females in storage so I could expedite the other direction.

4 Likes

A little bit of work but if Upstate recommends this I’m in !!! Thanks

1 Like

Have their Zamal Hash (Ace) it night be discontinued Now believe Zamaldic… is a hybrid of Zamal ?

1 Like

Sorry I have been down with Rocky Mt Spotted Fever from a tick bite. It’s an ass kicker. What can I help you with?
@InTheWoods are your tents using different air sources? Different rooms at least?
@blowdout2269 you can do anything you set your mind to do😁…just believe.

6 Likes

@Upstate - Glad you made it threw the “fever” hope you don’t have any issues with that after you are well ___ Peace

3 Likes