Kfc lovers ~ real or fake?

I grew up deep in red meat culture, and got fairly proficient at cooking it. then one day, I tried an organic grass-fed steak. it tasted like being tackled on a wet football field. I immediately realized the cattle were just grain sponges. this was reinforced further when weeks later, I picked up a small package of pork belly sliced up like finished bacon. my curiosity got to me, and I fried up a slice right out of the package.

almost no flavor at all. nothing. welp

these days, I make my traditional childhood/family favorites meatless or with meat substitutes. the knock-on effect has been a further elevation in my seasoning and technique. I never miss the meat. and I don’t feel like sh*t afterward.

I was raised in family kitchens, and cut my teeth and then some in the Industry, after all of it…I personally think that with few exceptions, animal products are generally extremely overrated.

this is fully aside from the many other ethical, socio-economic, environmental and political issues with them, which I will abstain from commenting further on.

apologies for the novella…

4 Likes

“new technology never gets cheaper” lol

It’s already cheaper than when it debuted. Economy of scale and all that.

People said the car would never replace the horse either, and when was the last time you saw a hitching post?

A lot of people abhor the idea for some reason but it’s coming wither way.

Just wait until ground beef starts coming as percentages real vs. synthetic.

1 Like

Veal!

That’s beef for vegetarians!

3 Likes

They even serve cocks :kissing_smiling_eyes: :kissing_smiling_eyes: :wink: :rofl:

3 Likes

My thoughts, if you want to eat plants eat them. They same with meat. Why would you want something to imitate meat if you don’t eat meat???

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

least i can vouch for the fake pussy. the nuggets however i cant.

4 Likes

Most vegetarians like or liked meat they simply choose not to eat it for other reasons.

Why drink diet soda if you don’t eat sugar?

4 Likes

Caffeine for me!

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes