Kids in the grow

In my opinion it is better to talk to them about it.
I was taught not to tell anyone about it.
Kids are curious and they are going to find out eventually.

I was around 7 years old, at a friends house and we were in the basement and discovered the parents grow room. The dad was pissed off and highly stressed. I told him not to worry about it cause I knew what I seen. Then he became friends with my dad. :rofl:

13 Likes

I always had to help my dad watering and trimming … Didn’t have much good memories of him but this definitely one.

4 Likes

Plenty of people grow tulips in the winter around here.

5 Likes

I appreciate everyone opinion thank you. I do think my are still to young but idk what I’d say the age should. My grow in the basement and they aren’t allowed down there so it not something they see or think about everyday but when they started school I did tell them it was a secret garden just in case we ever needed food that no one could know lol I didn’t know how else to explain it. There growing up in a different world than we did with the legalisation of cannabis I just want them to learn the right thing.

3 Likes

If I had kids, I’d be fully OK with them coming in as long as my state is a green state cause I could see how bad it could go if someone’s living in a non-friendly state and their kid goes to school smelling or talking about growing plants in the attic.
Also, if you’re the breadwinner and your family depends on you, and if something your kid says, could jeopardize your freedom and put your whole family at risk, I’d maybe just keep it on DL.

I see some people letting their animals in the grow. I shoo my dog away every chance I get because I’m afraid of the LED rays harming his eyes. I wear $100 method seven glasses but I can’t make the dog wear them so I just keep him away. But as a kid as long as they know not to talk about it and to wear glasses, I don’t see how it could hurt.

4 Likes

interesting I keep my dog out because one time I was growing pepper starts in my house and I came back to stems with no leaves one day. :frowning:

3 Likes

Short of a secret room with a secret entrance they’re going to find out.

If you’re not legal that’s bad.

If seen parents hide it. I’ve seen parents embrace the gardening a “medicine plant.” I’ve seen parents that decided it’s ok to smoke around their 15 year old. Making the point of don’t touch it until you’re 18.

I have a picture of my oblivious 5 year old nephew watering my grow.

6 Likes

Yea i got a pretty good dog he like to just lay next to me while i work but his eyes have to be getting fried so i make him leave.

Im so nuts i laid on my stomach and put my chin on the floor like the dog does and that light was fucking beaming on my eyes i said hells no.

I also am kinda sensitive to lights. I hate when i can see a bare light bulb in my field of vision

2 Likes

all this talk of eyes getting fried… should I have been wearing sunglasses? I dont even own a pair

4 Likes

Sheesh. Well to each his own. I have a buddy who doesnt wear them and jokes about going blind.
Me personally i can feel my eyes getting strained and discomfort so i bought the glasses and they definitely help out. Only issue is wearing sunglasses in a dim lit room is pretty straining on the eyes. Im constantly back and fourth from super lit led tent to dim lit room, so that sucks for me.

It might just be a me thing and i have some sensitive eyes

2 Likes

I have a visor. I think it’s better than sunglasses. But my light rig is low so I’m not usually looking at it. And when I’m underneath it the visor shields my eyes.

2 Likes

Yea i wear a baseball cap and method seven glasses. The lights really fuck with me i even added tape all around the glasses so light cant get underneath the lense where my eyes are.
I look like a joke when i got the hat and taped glasses on lol

4 Likes

If my lights were mounted 7 feet up I might think differently but they are only 12” off the canopy.

2 Likes

Well it doesnt help that im squeezing my head in that 12” gap for like an hour just staring at shit like a tweaker lol

I think i just got some sensitive eyes overall.

5 Likes

I’ll just add that my visor is more protective than a baseball brim. Mrs Foreigner laughs at me and says I look like the Korean dog walker ladies because they wear them too.

5 Likes

Hmm i may have to get me one of these then. I guess it has a long brim then a baseball cap?

2 Likes

My kid has been aware of what goes on in the basement for a couple years now.

He’s helped me with harvests and trimming, and I explain everything about the plants. I talk about the nice folks on this forum, and community and sharing and helping others.

We also have lots of honest discussions about drug policy in the US, politics, society, what’s bad, what’s good etc… with the agreement he stays away from drugs until he’s 18. Then he can smoke if he wants, and I’ll give it to him.
I try to make it normal, not taboo.

11 Likes

It’s a little longer and quite a bit wider than a baseball cap. But be warned it makes you look silly :joy:

3 Likes

They would just make my glasses look less silly :joy:

Im telling you i got 1inch of duct tape around every edge of the lense😂 i need a damn riot mask with some window tint

3 Likes

im assuming something like this

4 Likes