Kyumonryu's eclectic and erratic gardening adventure

You’ve got a pretty nice collection there Arriba|nullxnull, definitely you know what you’re doing… beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Thanks mate! Although it never feels like I’m not a beginner haha.

I do have photos of the rest of the run I need to post! just got to grit my teeth and upload.

3 Likes

Been a minute. I haven’t been posting much as its been a punishing learning experience lately. Between bugs and some systematic issues from composting choices its been a rough ride.

I’ve since rectified my problems, and made it through a seed run despite the issues.

Before I go into where my grow is at I’ll throw up some of the few pictures I have from the last little bit.

Blue note x mendo breath. This was my last seed of this plant, and while I was originally skeptical of Mendo breath because Gage Green were such twats, it has some interesting qualities. This pheno came out pretty purple and has a sweet and complex spicy aroma. The only downside is that this plant vegs on slow-mo.

Cheech wizard

I ran 7 seeds of this originally and got some wild variation. Im starting to reach the point where I think bohdi f2s are more exciting than the f1. Some amazing looking plants, sadly I lost most of the plants in my troubles over the summer. I saved one cutting and she was impressive. Flowered to about 10 weeks and just kept bulking up every time I thought she was going to finish.

A few of my coastal BB keeper. she has a really sweet blueberry smell. I end up trying to hoard the buds as shes another slow vegger.

Ive run my way through a number Kush 4 x SSDD. Sadly I lost my favorite pheno in the seed run. This is my favorite of the plants Ive been able to run for flower. She has an upfront chem nose and then a rich complex earthiness. I shared a sample with someone local and was asked they could get more.

8 Likes

Agree with this perspective in many ways, but finding the parents worthy of making the F2s and actually making them is a fun part of the process as well. Nice that Bodhi encourages his customers to do it as opposed to some other breeders!

2 Likes

Alright on to the present. I’ve just got my main room flipped to flower and have some fun things on the go. The closest row are still mostly in Veg and get moved into the other room to extend the light cycle.

First up is the Matt Berger Bubba. It seems like everyone has this cutting right now. Having almost murdered her through sheer stupidity in the summer time, and waited many months. Ive grown her big. Also @Barefrog was kind enough to send me some Bubba pollen so I’m excited to see what babies she makes.

Next up I have 4 black domina. I got these from MisterBee a few years back. I have two more in veg. They have a great strong stem rub and some have perfect maple looking leaves.

K4 x SSDD

Gorilla Bubble bx5 S1

The survivor of 4 sour bubble. Finally recovering. After being in grow limbo for so long I’m excited for this one.

Old Family Purps F2R This plant has super unique leaves.

Ultimate Pink Kush x Puck BC3. I only got 12 seeds of this and ran them all. 5 went into the room and Ive found 3 males already. These have a super stinky structure and display a lot more vigour than the straight puck.

I have 3 Oreoz x OGKB 2.0 testers on the go as well. Interesting plants so far, almost a touch of deepchunk in them.

8 Likes

Its hard not to want to hunt through tons of plants to look for the unique!

And agreed on Bohdi, I love that he has essentially branded himself on exploration and it makes me want to buy his stuff. It seems silly when you sell someone a seed that you believe you could control what they do with it. I tend to respect when someone has worked an IBL, but 90% of the seed market is essentially chucks using recognizable names.

3 Likes

Alright just over a week later and things are going well. No sign of aphids and all the plants are praying.

I’ve had good luck with the black domina. 3 females so far and some interesting variation. One that’s quitequite stretchy, a medium and one with little stretch.

Sadly only one pink puck female, but she looks good and has a impressive stem rub. I have one more still sexing so fingers crossed.

Then we have the berger bubba looking good. My only worry with this is that the clones I took won’t root.

All three Oreo x ogkb 2.0 are looking great. The internode distance on the first seems a bit high, hopefully she yields ok.

Gorilla bubble bx5

K4 x ssdd

Ogkb bx4

Guerilla warfare (og18 x gorilla bubble bx4)

Old family purple f2r

Puck bc3

12 Likes

This is the first run where I’ve seen the mutation where an extra leaf is grown from the center of an existing leaf. I know its not too uncommon but still looks cool. Its shown on both a black domina and a oreoz x ogkb2.0.

Black domina

Oreoz x ogkb2.0

8 Likes

Alright so something different for me today. I experimented with selective polination. I was kindly sent some bubba pollen from barefrog and it was time to dust the berger bubba cutting. She’s looking pretty impressive in a 10 gallon. To quote duece bigolo “that’s a huge bitch”

I covered the majority of the plant with bin bags, then split the pollen into two large freezer ziplocs. I then carefully put a branch in each and sealed around the stem before gently agitating the bag. The whole plant has since been placed in a seperate room for the night.

With any luck it’ll make a few seeds, but I’m concerned the pollen will have stuck to the ziploc. Fingers crossed anyway.

8 Likes

Hey brother… I got your letter today … thankyou very much :wink:

I think it is such a crazy thing that the Black Domina is expressing that center blade leaf morphology.
It is a common trait that I believe comes from the OGKB “Cookie Boi” male that Chunkypigs found. He was the brother to the OGKB 2.0 clone and the father of Scoutbreath.
Here’s the part that gets me fired up… the OGKB 2.0 clone does not express that trait so it is wild to me that the reversed pollen carried it and it has expressed in the Oreoz cross.
Things that make me go hmmmmm.
It is believed by a few of us that followed chunkypigs adventure in finding these plants in bagseeds of OGKB to begin with, that the male is an ultra rare S1 male. Seeing this trait being unlocked in an outcross with 2.0 feminized pollen strengthens that view for me.
Scoutbreath is OGKB 2.0 x Cookie Boi … I have been growing it and Fgens for a few years now and the line behaves like an IBL… and a very tight one at that. It’s a very odd thing to witness considering the line is a bagseed female crossed to her bagseed brother.

Now seeing the exact trait in the Black Domina… does the OGKB contain black domina? Is that where the trait came from sometime in past breedings? My mind kinda takes me down a rabbit hole on this one.
Thanx for sharing, I appreciate your updates , even though I am not always posting :wink:

1 Like

You’re most welcome!

It’d be interesting to know whats in there, did it come from super dominant traits from another lines inbreeding or just luck of the draw? its fascinating peeling the hood back even a little on this stuff.

I think you’re bang on this being this being the area of cookies thats worth some time as well. Ogkb is a nice lens to try and shine other traits through. On that note, I threw a cutting of the tent with my golden hp pollination. It’ll be cool how she breeds with different things. IF you want some of those as well I can send ome ina couple of weeks. The other random one is that my bubba pollination, wasnt as selective as I’d hoped and the oreoz/ogkb pheno 1&3 got very lightly seeded. I can send you a few of those if you’re curious as well.

I’ve never seen that trait in my grows before and two lines at once was a surprise. I’ve actually a version of the irene except its from the leaf stem.

Thanks for testers, explorations the fun bit!

1 Like

no worries man, you can test my stuff anytime :wink:

Makes me wonder about the claim that Durban Poison is part of the OG Kush Breath equation. It is regarded as an “unknown” and the parental notations are always a “probably durban poison”. I dunno, that center blade leaf anomaly shows up in all the crosses Chunkypigs made with his Cookie Boi male , the brother bagseed of OGKB 2.0. I guess we would have to have a legit durban poison, a legit black domina and an original OGkushBreath cut and run a dna profile. It also makes me wonder if OGKushBreath himself was in contact with Black Domina plants/pollen during that particular bud run that Chunkypigs found those magic bagseeds in. I ponder a lot of these things hehe

1 Like