Lactic acid bacteria serum! Aka LABS

yes they love it

2 Likes

Does this play into the terpenes in the end product you think?

1 Like

Microbes have a huge impact on everything including terpenes😁

2 Likes

Thank you. I will be implementing this in my grows. How often do you apply into waterings?

You can use it every watering if youd like. I personally add a touch to the water every month or so. If you got soil life that life includes tons of bacteria including lab already

1 Like

Hmm… Trying to decide how to make me a batch of LABS heh.

Just follow the book for your first time

2 Likes

I’m making my first LAB now. Started yesterday. FPJ has been underway since Sunday but its at the grow and I won’t get back to it untill friday.
I have some complications with time and travel as work requires three days and 200 miles away from planty things.
I gotta work this out…I’m anxious to get this going.

3 Likes

Did strain this out too early? It kinda looks a little yellow to me after straining

3 Likes

Looks good to me. What’s the smell like?

3 Likes

Like some funky milk. I’ve made it a few years ago and it smelled the same as this batch except I thought last time it was less yellow. Either way I had to be sure before I used it didn’t want to take the chance and kill my plant in the last few weeks of flower. Thanks @CrunchBerries

3 Likes

Concur, looks fine to me.

2 Likes

Anyone ever try making Bokashi with newspaper instead of bran? I’ve been reading a few articles and it seems like an interesting CHEAPER alternative.

Looks fine to me as well. There are a wide variety of lactic acid loving bacteria, so cultures won’t always look consistent.

2 Likes

Cool, I tried looking up anything about color but only thing I came across was with the video from Chris trump and says something about it being clear. I’ve always been a “better safe then sorry” kinda guy so I appreciate those who’ve posted assuring me it’s fine. Thanks everyone

2 Likes

I can totally believe that. They use newspaper in winogradsky columns to feed PNSB so I imagine it works fine

1 Like

Howdy youall ,how about fresh scratch debris, sawdust ,and yogurt ,bokashi, KNF Hawaii, tropical …basically any media witch is organic rubbage want do ask for it ,the golden rules , so asmuch happy organic gardening…thanks Og ,calman…

I’ve been keeping a jar of milk kefir for about 4 years now. I strain some “elixir” (gold clear whey) from the batch that I was about to strain and drink, and I add a few ml directly into the feed water. No 1000:1 dilution which is only sensible for foliar apps, and no sugar (because the microbes are always fresh). My plants and I both drink kefir and we both seem happier for it!

5 Likes

Anyone try lentil beans?
I made some after a 40 minute soak.

You can use lentil beans right away. Even after 20 minutes soaking.
Saves you waiting on rice wash 3 days. :dove:

3 Likes

I wanted to add for posterity that I do indeed use sulfured molasses along side my kefir serum/LAB. It’s just that I don’t “need” the molasses for the purpose of stabilizing the serum.

I have a little jug of kefir serum + molasses at 1:1 ratio that I keep in the fridge and use after stretch (promix, DTW). I have literally zero clue if it benefits or harms or does anything special. I use it in additional to that Recharge product. I do it in hopes that maybe this guy is on to something:

1 Like