Landrace Expansion & Trade

Never been tempted by fads. I’ll stick with smoking the real stuff😁
For years I’ve been waiting for someone to figure out a way to screw marijuana up. Mankind always manages to screw up Mother Nature.

14 Likes

The kids at Berkeley figured out how to grow cannabinoids with yeast, takes about a week to brew up how ever big of a container your working with. Unless you grow it your self the chances of your cannabis products never having anything to do with a plant are greatly increasing. Added terpenes , lab created thc , people are soaking crap weed with this stuff and selling it. They claimed that recreation would bring better quality when in reality it has opened the door to all kinds of fuckery and old stale weed.

19 Likes

Bu-bu-but how’re the terps??? More importantly, does it look good on IG??? That’s all that matters…

6 Likes

it is cool on one hand to see what they keep coming up with from the plants, just know there is so much more going on inside cannabis that most users know.
what we are seeing are people fooling the rest of the world that has little to no experience with thc cbd and whatever. these are the ones who listen to the rules and follow the laws,but sneak in a closet to puff on a joint.

the created terps are just that, lies that have nothing to do with the plants we all love.
i can not wait till they find the cure all in the plants, hopefully they give it away but really doubt that would happen.
man made thc a neet idea but, no thank you

6 Likes

The powers-that-be are certainly trying to figure out a way to get us all high without giving us any of the other medical benefits that might take away some of their profits

9 Likes

I’m not up on the topic but a high THCV strain is my main medicine. And most people love my THCV strain as a recreational weed unless they are Indica only people. But I got the strain originally because THCV is a great anti-inflammatory. Now CBD has come into the picture and I should use it more and High THC Weed a lot less, but honestly CBD gives me an uneasy feeling. And I love Sativa and get no anxiety as people claim.

5 Likes

I bred it because I’m a sick man with Inflammation issues and it has a very high THCV content like all good Thai does. I was put onto the strain by another patient around 7 or 8 years ago. So I bought what he said and have been very happy with the strain. And with all the Thai weed purist they need to realize that the strain moved all over the area over a few decades. And unless you did a couple tours in Nam you probably know very little about the Thai strain, the rest is hear say. I know nothing about Thai weed except my 8-9 week flowering Sativa is one of the best weeds of it’s kind, and although I get sick of the THCV at times I can open my seed drawer and have them begging for the Thai. Many that have had it claims it is the best weed they have ever had. One lover of this strain calls it work out weed, another calls it Sweet Thai. And I know it’s not Landrace because I selectively bred it myself, by breeding the wider leaves. And I believe the wider leaves power it through it’s flowering cycles by soaking in more Sun.

5 Likes

Close. When CBD is stored under acid the ring closes. Two of the molecules that can be created in this process are delta-8 and delta-9

Delta 8 does also cause some psychoactive effects but more akin to alcohol than the usual thc. The first people doing these conversions in labs were many many decades ago, but like someone already mentioned the first commercial d8 products in the US are only a few years old.

It’s worth mentioning that the governing bodies of the hemp-growing states pushed back HARD against the DEA, because without or without delta 8 the vast majority of hemp farms are going belly up. I used to think it was just a legal alternative to delta 9 but it truly does have genuine uses as medicine. Specifically; pediatric oncology, where delta-8 worked better than standard anti-emetics without any of the psychoactive effects expected from traditional thc.

If you’ve ever heard the idea that people could use thc to get off of opiates, delta 8 would be infinitely more useful towards that end than delta 9, because paranoia and anxiety will drive people right back to their drugs of choice.

I’ve heard stories of hashish being historically stored in stomachs and buried — which if true would likely guarantee some cbd kicking over to d8 in the process.
On that note; One of the final projects that Frenchy Cannoli accomplished in life was proving delta-8 can be naturally occurring in hashish. Iirc his temple ball contained 5%, purely due to the naturally occurring acids reacting with cbd as the hashish cures.

13 Likes

Spoken like a hemp farmer. Delta8 doesn’t hold a candle to real d9 thc

2 Likes

I don’t think I said anything that conflicts with this statement. Lol.

Lmao. Dude I feel bad for the people dumb enough to think they were going to make a killing off of hemp. Most of em are turning a profit by misrepresenting reality.

I’m a confectioner by trade. (I know you’re probably thinking “Wink wink” but no. No cannabinoid products
Figure the most expensive part of any candy is milk powders and macadamia nuts, and those are each only ~$14/lb. A normal half oz truffle retails for $3/ea, or $96/lb. So a thousand dollars in inventory could reasonably gross six digits. I don’t even want to know what hemp farmers are pulling. :face_with_thermometer:

9 Likes

been using Turmeric for years BUT trumeric needs to be taken with black pepper for digestion - so checkout your lable (Pipping Rock.com - great company) also Ginger and Ginseng help over all general health

7 Likes

sorry wrong thread. don’t mind me, I’m just removing this.

Hello SativaKid do you have a couple of pictures of how you’ve bred your finished thai strain to be please. Thanks

I had intense picture logs that my wife accidentally deleted when she borrowed my computer to zoom a couple years back. I was so bummed I didn’t even tell her as she would of got defensive. I’ve not taken 50 pictures since. The pheno that was removed through breeding is not recorded in picture form by me. It’s ashamed because you wouldn’t believe that so opposite looking phenos came from the same seeds. But the Chemotype was exactly the same.

4 Likes

Matori (Indian) - just starting its journey

15 Likes

Matori - for the love of Narrow Leaf Sativa !!!

14 Likes

interesting

Matori - growing nicely

14 Likes

Hi All - this is a repost from the trading thread, given the nature of the genetics it made sense to post here as well.

Seeking the following >

Cannabiogen > Suda Africa, Ghana, Meao Thai.
Frankincense/Incense/sandalwood* landrace strains
Anise* landrace strains
Licorice* landrace strains
Very High elevation landrace strains
Malawi gold (afro pips / seeds of africa)
Guinea Bissau (TLT)
Calvinia(TLT)
Vietnamese(TLT)

*flavoured

The OG kush that doesn’t resemble any OG kush on the market now (perhaps OG kush is the wrong label and it was some other variant) - it looked a lot like some of the various land race strains that I’ve come across but it had the OG kush flavor profile. Was so loud that even placing it in 3 or 4 bags didn’t stop the smell from dominating multiple rooms. It was so terpy that the flavor would just SHINE through blunts, it didn’t matter what you rolled it in. Ofcourse this was a function of the grower’s ability but the point is that there was hardly any density to the flower and I have not been able to find anything that even resembles it since then (circa 2006-2008)

Have both hybrids acclimated to temperate climate and/or landraces available for trade, just let me know what you’re looking for if you have any of the above and maybe we can work something out.

6 Likes

Man love to see the love for landraces!

I’ll share what I’ve got, this are test runs in outdoors:

Durban Poison

Double Jam

And Cloud Walker(punto rojo x mendo breath)

By the end of the year I’ll have some seeds available to share from these and more lines, will update then!

22 Likes