Landrace Expansion & Trade

That’s great to hear @GregOG , and I think it’s also important to note that you are proof that you responded that way; not that it is a universal truth.
There are infinite presentations of psyche, mental health, physical health, and personal experience. What is good for one human may be devastatingly detrimental and harmful to another.
The experience you have been blessed with isn’t a fact for everyone.

7 Likes

Well said @HeadyBearAdventures
:100::dart:

26 Likes

Is this cob cured?

2 Likes

Exactly my question!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

No, just a dried bud and a process i do, I used saran wrap to just snug everything, after I vacuum packed with my lungs the inner ziplock baggie. I wrap the saran wrap barely snug into a log.

Then for almost a week adding heat from my heating vents in the house, and let it heat up on a heat register for about 4 days.

It’s dried this way for potency retention long term. And you can tell in your hand, good weed doesn’t need heavy trimming.

My heating element was out, so it wasn’t a very hot air blowing on it.
I’ll upload an old school way to ferment Cannabis one day. I think fermentation adds a couch lock effect to any strain.

I’m making brown weed too, and have full plants drying for 2 months.
You can pick it from the stem now and it’s burns nicely, still moisture and super sticky.

14 Likes

The big leaves were removed and i had nice buds to work with, that didn’t dust THC glands out every time you move it.
:100::dove:

5 Likes

Rule of thumb, when you ferment Cannabis use your thumb and test the lowest piece on the plant stem, when your thumb snaps it off, it’s ready for the fermentation process.

G🕊

13 Likes

Your process is somewhat similar to cob curing. It will be interesting to learn the old school way.

7 Likes

I think personally a Brix meter would be very useful for deciding which plants to ferment. New study is showing you can harvest based on brix levels.

I’m just looking into it and definitely a Brix meter sounds key to harvesting. Plants are more potent that have higher Brix levels, which is the sweetness of your plant.

Use an older leaf, press out the juices then test it.

7 Likes

I know this is the landrace expansion and trade thread but when I was searching the site for information on Cannabiogen’s Durban this topic kept coming up towards the top of the relevant results. Some discussion in the earlier posts have me thinking it’s a line I should add to the collection and I’m considering ordering a couple of packs.

Was hoping to get some current opinions of Cannabiogen’s Durban and how true breeding it seems to be or if there’s a decent amount of variation. I’ve read to look for the pencil sticks types, are there others to keep an eye out for? I’ve also read that these come from Port St. John, does anyone know if that’s accurate? Trying to figure out how many packs to order. I appreciate and value any feedback. Much love

4 Likes

It seems like the slang term “pot” came from how it used to be cured in clay pots. I’ve heard somewhere it’s cured by putting in clay pots and burying them for weeks or months.

4 Likes

Curiosity is a good thing. It’s why we know what we know, and are always learning.

1 Like

It seems like first-world countries (with their…effective law enforcement and resources) wouldn’t be a place where landraces could even develop, before being detected and destroyed.
Australia would be a really good place to grow, many places actually. Australia has climate zones that resemble many of the places where cannabis originates.
Someday prohibition will end, and we’ll get to see the real potential of that continent. The northern part of the country has a monsoon season similar to the parts of Asia where cannabis originated. Cannabis adapted to summer monsoons, which explains why they need so much water the first 60 days. I endured a monsoon season in Korea, which felt like being in the Amazon again. 6 months later, it was dry and the temps were in the teens (-10C, or so). It starts to dry out in August, when cannabis would start going into flower. Now that I think of it, I got to experience the same monsoon that shaped the evolution of cannabis.

1 Like

I grew a pack of Cannabiogen Durban a few years back. Plants were quicker than I expected, coming in around 8-10 weeks flowering. I think maybe i let them all flower too long , picking at around 11 or even 12 weeks maybe. I didn’t find anything uppity( speedy/ energetic) unfortunately, but a couple people growing seed i made did find nice plants. It’s probably a high quality line, but I got skunked.
I read about the pencil stick phenos and my understanding is that these are what you want( one version) if looking for the speedy stuff.

5 Likes

Anybody got that corinto , Jamaican, or Acapulco gold from the landrace team , I’m always looking to trade landraces and those are on my want list …

4 Likes

Its JahGreenLabel’s Port St Johns project.
He did minimal selections and was more of an OP with him discarding obvious herms

https://www.icmag.com/members/jahgreenlabel.148171/

https://www.opengrow.com/topic/43847-landrace-thread/

1 Like

TLT said their Corinto is also known as Limon Verde. What are their prices like? They don’t put them on their site. Have you ever done business with them? If so, would you recommend them?

1 Like

Them calling the corinto lemon verde does throw me off because corinto is purple weed from South America and lemon verde is a South American strain that also goes by mango biche . The thing is they have mango biche also so I’m not sure why they are calling corinto lemon verde.
I have got beans from them once , I have there Vietnamese and punting rojo, there prices are average but I went threw them a couple years ago so that could have changed.
Several of there strains if not all have been sourced from other privet collectors so they may have got some info crossed somewhere.

Edit corinto is Colombian not Mexican , I got my info crossed somewhere, but lemon verde is mango biche that I’m sure of.

4 Likes

I would also recommend people find and preserve some legit Oaxacan , I have some older beans stashed away but am going to grow some other older heirlooms first , but the oaxacan , corinto and red hair were some of the best herb to come out of Mexico if you ask me. I’m pretty sure the red hair was actually a Jamaican line though as the only pictures I’ve ever found of it that look right are called Jamaican red hair.

7 Likes

I’ve been storing my weed I’ve opened from vaccume bags in this huge stoneware kiln fired jar with the wire locking lid on it and the rubber o seal.Much better hold of a cure and flavors in my opinion than just regular jars and it’s pitch dark in them.I’m liking clay for holding daily smoke the flavor is off the chain.

8 Likes