Landrace Expansion & Trade

You have me drooling, next time give me a little warning so I can grab my bib :wink:

1 Like

OG the breeder.

13 Likes

ABC seed run completed a little while back :slight_smile:

6 Likes

6 Likes

I loved your the vacuum sealed bags so much I’m doing that now too. :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Howdy @Bob13 . Hope everything is well with you. I have to say I am really enjoying the way the Beldia (* moroccan) from Khalifa genetics’ is performing. To what extent there is any mold resistance remains to be seen, but we just had week of heavy rain, and I only found one spot of about a centimeter with some stem rot on one of the four females I have. They are currently in 4 gallon containers, and have been for about a month give or take. They have grown 5ft in that time, and are now six feet tall, which should be pretty close to their finished height. The flowers are about the size of a pinky nail, and I have done nothing to force them to flower. I really think this is a great variety to work with in the UK, despite any mold issues, which can be overcome with some breeding. They are holding up far better than my rsc Lebanese did, tho they were grown during our wettest summer in 100 years, and I think they deserve another shot

11 Likes

Interesting leaf shapes.

3 Likes

Very pretty leaves. @Instg8ter was right, they grow incredibly fast. And they do have branches that are bigger than I was expecting. We’ll see if they get any longer, but I feel like if I had topped these plants, they probably would have bushed out a bit. If they get any taller I will have to tie them down, but I just really wanted to see what their natural structure is. I’m doing the same with all landrace’s. As much as possible, just let them be what they want to be for as long as I can, or until I have a feel for their natural structure.

2 Likes

I do the same with one top from node 6 back to node 4 to control stretch.

2 Likes

I think these would Bush out like yours did if topped. They may grow with no branches when packed tight in a field, but when given space to breathe, they do produce some branches, though not like a typical sativa. I still haven’t pinched any tops to see if I have a purple bleeder. I should do that…

1 Like

@Upstate when did you get your outdoor plants in the ground ??

2 Likes

Do you mean the container plants? Or the ones that are out in the bush?

1 Like

I tend to agree with you on that one. I’ve had plants lose three-quarters of their bark on the outside due to fungus issues and they continued to grow unimpeded. Then again I don’t live in Colombia, with Tropical Sun beating on my plants. Maybe it makes the difference?

1 Like

Nice job on the Panama. Looks like the green phenos. How tall at the chop? 3 gallon containers?

1 Like

AllOra
By cutting through the bark/ cambium around the perimeter of the stem…are you not killing the plant? I had the impression when the bark was to be cut vertically…no!?

Cheers

3 Likes

Yeah, it will cut off the water supply and the plant will slowly die of dehydration. But if we were about to chop it anyway, there’s a nonzero chance that something beneficial will happen to the harvest.

4 Likes

They are both around 4 foot in 3 gallon pots, put one outside 6/1 that’s already 4’ tall. Black Pearl is almost 6 in 3 gallon. Looking all Sativa with a taste of Dutch Treat.

1 Like

Ooh very interesting, might be something I look into getting my hands on for this coming year. Definitely worth another shot if they are as good as they sound. What’s the smell like?

1 Like

The process description I am following said “nearly mature”. I take that to mean just as fade begins. I am curious how long it will take before cut time.

I am learning when to take plants. So far the tendency has been to wait too long. This lesson will add information there.

1 Like

Best to determine the maturity of your plant…Actually, the only way in my opinion…is with a jewellers loop (60x magnifying glass)…Harvest the plant when between 5-25% of the trichomes have turned amber…More amber trichomes = more degradation of the THC…and more of a couch-lock effect…Less amber…a more uplifting high

3 Likes