Landrace seed links

Just to add a little bit from Colorado Sativa’s info page. Many of the strains he F2s are hard to find or no longer available. He says he offers them at only $25 a pack not to make money but to make them available to people, and just to cover his cost. He also says he donates most of the smoke to veterans groups in CO.

I definitely understand the F2 thing where work is still available but also wanted to share what he posts on his site. The Purple Satellite is still available at ACE although ACE is not currently selling here in the US. Some of the others like Cherry Bomb are not.

6 Likes

For anyone in the US who wants Green Mountain Seed, Im not sure it’s well-known Mandala Seeds sells his stuff as well. Most of it is 15% off right now as well. Every strain is available except Mountain Gold, even Pineapple Bud which is OOP I think.

Not saying the dude who runs Colorado Sativa is a bad dude… I actually exchanged a few emails with him as well. Vermontman has been very generous to me and is one of the good guys in the industry IMO and I just generally just don’t like seeing f2s from smaller breeders for sale when they are available to buy pretty easily.

I will also be using some more of his unreleased strain Purple Satellite x Big Sur Hollyweed in another charity event in the near future. Last time packs were going for a 20usd donation to the Canadian Mental Health Asssociation… pretty good deal for those who want to try some Green Mountain Seeds stuff.

7 Likes

mmh, really: colorado sativas has a lot strains that came once from other Vendors or were never aviable. Per example: big sur holy weed, mullumbimby madness, double acapulco (i mean, snowhigh pure lines are sold out all the time), gold rush papua newguinea, old mother sativa, guatemala. those arent aviable, many i dont wanna verify aviablity, no time…
but i think he is doing a good honest thing. look at his choice… for me it looks like a conaisseur that wants to raise aviability… he looks like he hunted them all , for a longer time… it looks exactly like that. he is just a conaisseur im convinced, and sick of the hunt, do you think he even makes big money with 25d per Pack of longflowering sativa in his greenhouse…?

I grew sativas on the edge of survival to often end up with a 100 ripe seds in a whole spot… lol often they didnt finish perfectly and go under “low-germination stock”…

7 Likes

1 Like

Like I said I don’t necessarily think badly of the Colorado Sativa dude… I just don’t agree with him selling Vermontmans stuff when it’s easily available to buy. I don’t think he is making big money, just like I know Vermontman isn’t making big money, except Vermontman has been preserving his Oaxaca since 79’ which is a lot of time and energy. Selling f2s of his beans makes me uncomfortable. I actually f2ed his Zacatecas Tribute and was giving them away with his blessing for a charity fundraiser… but that’s different IMO. As you can probably tell I consider Vermontman a personal friend, so maybe I’m biased but yeah not a fan of small breeders work getting f2ed and sold.

That being said at 25$ a pop I don’t think the guy is making huge money and as you say some out-of-production strains… I don’t think he is doing it for the wrong reasons but I don’t like seeing some strains on there.

4 Likes

colorado sativas has imho none parameters fullfilled that makes him look like a bad guy.
1: he has an very good choice of landraces, i would smoke most of them, he has passion
2: he doesent make huge profit… given the thin nature, and small request compared to Kush Strains
3: many are extinct. so he saves them by selling.
4: he even aknowledges them beeing f2 i recall

so, any small profit gives power to him, to continue, and find the next important line. I mean, only by gathering all good stuff on one site, the vermoutman line can be found easyer by the occasional Landrace lover. An occasional Landrace lover doesent have the time to read 1000s pages of smokereports to find out whts good. But an occasional smoker can either sense that this stuff must bee good, cause the sheer number of only landraces, and based on a few good reports , can conclude: oh we have couple good reports, then this whole site must be my goldmine.

5 Likes

All the power to the dude… Like I said I don’t think he is doing it for the wrong reasons. I would just prefer not to see Vermontmans work there when you can get the original crosses from the man who spent 40 years preserving an Oaxacan line for all of us to enjoy. That’s just me though. Im not trying to talk shit or start a pileup on the Colorado dude.

Shit, I may make an order someday… just not of a strain that’s easily available at a fair price from the originals.

5 Likes

yes, and by law, nobody is allowed to make profits from pure landrace. so, vermoutman would be as guilty as coloradosativa unless the oxacan79 is an outcross he made. landraces are public domain.

alltho, after 40 years it might go under heirloom, and be his own? hmm

3 Likes

I’d buy vermontman F2s from colorado sativas, simply because I can’t buy internationally and he won’t sell inside the US. I’m just not about going overseas to get seeds anymore. Already lost a pack of purple satellite trying to do it. There’s no other way for me to do it…

11 Likes

I think Vermont mans oaxaca skull could now be classed as his own personal work/heirloom. Its been worked for many generations by himself to were he wants it to be, reducing flower time, uping potency an yield, more bud to leaf ratio ect. Perhaps making it unique to him.

4 Likes

I know his old mother an mullum are not the original thing either as well as his lambs bread an at best contain 25-50% of the original strains with those names.

4 Likes

I thought he cross it with indica in the first gen and then ran pure after that?

1 Like

How do you figure that? If I print copies of a book in the public domain I can certainly sell them for a profit. Lot of work and costs involved in printing those so how is that different for seeds?

Just curious.

:peace:

i just heard that Landraces cant be sold… So i orientated myselve on that, namely i said that not vermount nor coloradosativa would be allowed for making money ( eg. they are guilty in the same amount).

It would be exhausting or impossible phylosophizeing with you or what you do there on english (im no native english speaker, and i cant even understand the meaning fully of your reply). i also dont know foreign copyrightlaws, so there is thin basis for me expressing any thought or person oppinion without seriously spending time

but yeah, laws are like they are i assume. Often theyre quiet understandable. If you ask about oppinions on copyrightlaws, puhh, thats pretty much one of the hardes in times of Internet… well, it was just a message about the actual laws .(atleast thats what i heard multiple times like worldwide)

jesus i have to work.

(ok a short try. I see no contradiction in how these two laws you mentioned are. ITs rather a different handling, but not in a way that it contradicts, if that makes sense. 2 different handlings, bouth protect the rights of “the folks Landraces” , and , “the persons books” . In one case the rightasker has to do something in order to get to his right, in the other not… Same as some people have to anounce something they do or want or have… So, no contradiction,i dont think so.) but im out. My english is really bad

1 Like

As far as im aware whats know as drug type landracess have no protection or class yet. There are no actual laws or protection yet with cannabis seeds, which is why to protect certan combinations some corparations an big guns are patenting the actual combinations as being exclusive to them.
With the thai strains they were put under protection as national heratage, meaning those particular strains are a pert of thailands history. Its done becase there are no laws in place yet an is still actualy illegal everywere till the fedral laws are changed an it get botanical or crop recognition as its still deemed a illegal drug type weed

1 Like

laws are not perfect. perfect laws would requiere perfect police, perfect money… the mayor idea of law is in my eyes to protect from major problems… sometimes they may be good in its heart, but hard to execute.
so if the perfect world would exist, then cryptic labs would probably get a tiny little reward… thats like if you remastered a michael jacksons hitsong… and say, now i need to get big money cause it was much work… well… you still needed michael Jacksons hitsong… and needed it bad.
Without it your big work would been pointless…
So, regarding that : Crypic Labs work should in a perfect world be rewarded, but not just unlimited, probably pretty little reward… dunno.

2 Likes

I’m no lawyer so maybe it is illegal but I can’t see that.

I’ve been growing pot, making seeds, oil etc etc for 20 years and give the stuff away to friends in need and wouldn’t mind charging something just to cover my expenses and labour but there’s no separating those things from the sale of the ‘drug’ in the eyes of the law.

Most seed sellers out there are selling crosses of other peoples efforts for profit which I don’t believe in. Especially for the outrageous prices a lot of them are asking.

I’m going to be growing and doing all the other things anyway and would not feel good charging my friends and don’t want to get busted.

:peace:

2 Likes

the point is that PEOPLES came forward and told Coloradosativa is doing wrong, so my responnse was to question “who is actually doing wrong in wich amount”. I didnt wanna imply i know the perfect anwser… Thats very straight forward ethical question. So im out , peace

1 Like

(i think the difference is the impossibility for laws to controll and check how much work went into a Selection. If the state could check that, like a white-black reading, then also some right could be given to the selecters.
(i mean otherway around anyone could randomly select a killer thaistick for 20 generations and say: money please… How you wanna estimate the amount of GOOD work that went into per law??) .

So, are we rewarding peoples too fast ? Could happen too.
That was my initial concern and response to peoples going like coloradosativa equals bad, vermountman equals good. Its highly highly complex anwser and i wishe everyone that has put into GOOD work, not just “any kind of work” would be rewarded, but how can we know? how can we know vermountman has done good work… thats the difficultie. So, should we just pass on any copyright-laws instead to make it more perfect? So, no breeder cant get any reward… where to draw the line. or rather how?

2 Likes

if you ask me if bottlenecked stabilized Thailine is better then the original Thai… Well, i guess not for me.
Work done or not… But for others its valuable… aaah im getting lost…
i stick with no anwser, or / vermountman has probably earned a certain tiny or smaller reward

@LabRat but i know your feelings/ideas all to well… music… is similar
peace

1 Like