Landrace strains - general thread

Nice to hear your report on the Haze cross. I went to see Ben and got some of the Waipi’o Hapa earlier this year. I’ll probably run them sometime this year and post a grow log.

3 Likes

Does this offer stand?

2 Likes

Sorry brother, But he handed those over like a year ago or so…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I kept reading and saw that. I’m growing out a Jillybean that’s bleeding purple-red when cut. My first grow. Didn’t even know it was rare.

Edit: gave her cuts today and no blood. Tried leaf, growth head, and made a cut at previously sighted location. Nada. Some unknown variables.

3 Likes

Anybody know anything about Indonesian landraces? My indonesian buddy says there use to be lots everywhere but now harder to find and I’m big sad for everyone there

I have 4 landraces from the real seed company ,but would like to acquire a few more I’m looking for somebody else here who collects there beans who might want to trade f2 for f2. I’ll grow some this fall of a variety you dont have and you grow some of one I dont have and then we trade so were both the more the merrier. Mainly interested in there malana cream . I should be doing a f2 of there mazar before spring. Also interested in other landrace beans for trade depending on what and were from. I’ve also acquired a few from the landrace team ,ace ,cannabiogen, world of seeds, private sources near and far.
@zephyr dident you post about having the malana :smirk:

4 Likes

Any lambsbread? I’ve got some Malawi on the way along with Rooibaard and a few others.

2 Likes

No lambs bread , some south american strains but not that specificaly

2 Likes

I have mazar i sharif by gypsy nirvana. They’re yours if you want them. I have a 5 pack.

3 Likes

@Kingkush312 I apreciate the offer but another member here already is sending me a pack to play with so Id just be greedy taking yours to lol , I’m sure you can trade them on here though if you dont have a interest in them.

3 Likes

Omg man that sux all around, you getting popped and losing those awesome beans- I’d love to get ahold of the real deal Thai- I’ve only had one true plant of Thai and some asshole ripped it along with my entire outdoor crop boy she was gorgeous too :cry:

North Korea is actually very liberal in its approach to Cannabis. Kinda funny that the world’s most oppressive regime has more cannabis liberty than we do.

4 Likes

unfortunately I didn’t have any luck germing the malana due to some kind of fungal, algae, or bacterial contamination of the seeds. These are 2014 stock gathered on site in malana village. I’ll be trying again next year, I’d love to hear if you have any ideas for germing those.

I’ve already tried a decent number of techniques, most just decompose or die off after popping their tap roots. I’ve even got a few successful sprouts, but they never produced true leaves.

3 Likes

Have you tried fulvic or a product called fulpower?

https://www.bioag.com/products/ful-power/
Good Luck!

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

@zephyr there are ways of cleaning and sterilizing seeds before germinating to help combat this, I doubt the age has anything to do with it as much as landraces can be vulnerable to foreign disease and pests they have never had the chance to form a resistance to, if you have any left and are having trouble I’d be willing to give it my best shot, I have stuff I could trade and would be happy to send you some back if I get them to grow

2 Likes

I have tried ful-power, no luck unfortunately.

2 Likes

Age is not the problem, my germination rates for other stock from 2014 and prior have been great.
It seems to be a fungal or algal contamination, probably from the source. Who know how the plants were harvested, dried and handled by the local growers before Angus at real seed co got them. Based on some of the photos, it looks like these seeds might even be left over from charas rubbing.

I have tried the standard hydrogen peroxide sterilization with no luck, a probiotic treatment, seaweed tea, and compost tea. I have also tried various direct sow methods with organic amended native soil (I have volcanic clay soil here which should be a good match in ph for himalayan soil), commercial seed starter mix, and other mixes I made myself. so far direct sow has shown the best results, but non of the starts produced true leaves after sprouting with their cotyledon start leaves. Let me know if you have any other ideas for next season.

3 Likes

I typically soak my seeds. Recently, I’ve started just using a little spash of peroxide in the shot glass. Side benefit, the seeds don’t sink, so it’s unlikely that they’ll drown.

7 Likes

To clarify in my aged stoned mind, a splash of peroxide in the shot glass of water? I have stopped using the paper towel. When they pop and show any tail, straight to damp coco. Thanks for that @lefthandseeds. One Love…

:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Yea just a little squirt into the water. I keep it pretty dilute, but it seems to be plenty to keep the mold/fungi crap from growing.

7 Likes