Landrace strains - general thread

Anyway, @Islandgrower, @Swampthing, it would be very interestin to be able of see the hole Aruba plant…
Venezuela n Colombia are near from the Dutch Littles Antillas: Curazao, Bonaire y Aruba…

1 Like

yeah me too. doesn’t seem like a good place to grow. Where I did find weed was in the island of Dominica, about a day from Aruba.

2 Likes

I hope that landraces have a strong place in the market.

1 Like

I have some land race afghani Seeds… I dont have many thinking of trying to “pollen chuck” them in a sense just to get more of the seeds and see the possible genetics, thinking of popping what I have culling any that dont have desirable traits and keep as many males as possible aswell as females and just see what comes out… Would be willing to share too. just some thoughts on this ? My thought is that if it is a true landrace it should have been inbred similar like this for a long time meaning the cross shouldnt be wildy exotic ? Just somthing I’d like to keep around for the future, The seeds I’ve had for 2 years not sure howlong before that, specificaly they are Delta 9 labs Afghani -mazar - i - Sharrif , I have yet to really find info on it other than what the basic description of it is, if anyone has any experience with it! I think it would be good hash/extract material no matter the outcome :wink:

1 Like
6 Likes

yes please keep true afghan going a little worked on as possible wild genetics be worth much 1 day.

1 Like

Most strains if left to their own devices will adapt to the environment they are in. Dj Short has said this for years. If you grow indica in a field in the tropics, after a couple of seasons the plant will figure out which genes to switch on to deal with heat, temps, availability of water and will basically become what we understand a true sativa to be. Darwin. Survival of the fittest. So very interesting all this shit and in a Jurassic Park slogan kind of ting, ‘life finds a way’.

6 Likes

I have a couple purple haze Malawi crosses and 1 China yunnan cross. The original landrace in these crosses come from Ace I’m pretty sure but, it’s still nice to have some different stuff that not a lot of people have

1 Like

Forsure that’s the plan have a pile to go back to or personally My goal is to make hash from it, and have it similar to the afghan stuff I’ve had for years! Love it

I’ve been to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca and the people living there are Jamaican descendants, so most of the weed there is the Jamaican Land Race.

3 Likes

I am fortunate to be from one of the best places to grow weed and to get truly amazing Sativa land races: Mexico. from the sierra of michoacan and all the way to Oaxaca this sativa land races are some of the best of the world.
Right now I’m growing two different types of Sativa Land Races, 2 plants from Oaxacan Sativa and 2 Sativa land race from Veracruz.
The best part is that you can get plenty of seeds from this land races in the weed you can get on the streets.
The bad part is that now the drug cartels realized that in Amsterdam they produce high quality weed indoors so they import millions of seeds from hybrids made in seed banks to get more and bigger crops in less time, this is messing up with the land races because they are starting to mix up.

8 Likes

Would love to get some of those landrace seeds off u if possible. Nothing like keeping natural beauty alive!

Sure, send me an inbox with your info.

No importa, hermano. El es un pedazo de mierda.

Solo en las costas hermano, las montañas son de los nativos, y el país hace unos 30 años se abastecia del producto naciona,la talamanqueña (Sativa auctoctona), actualmente ni las personas de origen jamaiquino consumen razas autoctonas de jamaica, por que al igual que en mexico y colombia, llegaron los hibridos comerciales y es lo que se consume. aunque ya te digo, que empieza a verse una nueva ola de comercio colombiano, y quizas en unos años desplaze la importacion de hibridos jamaiquinos , ya que he visto que ha empezado a introducirce con fuerza.
Saludos a mexico! mucho respeto por la cultura que se encuntra en ese lugar.

4 Likes

I feel ya before too long, all the mexican landraces are polluted by the cartels like you said …

2 Likes

I say thank you to all of you who have preserved un-tainted Landrace genetics for future generations to enjoy, I salute you sirs/madams!

2 Likes

Has anyone done any Himalayan Autos? Have an opportunity to get my hands of some.

1 Like

Wow! I have no words! :cowboy_hat_face:

@MadScientist have any extra of those punts roja you spoke of working on collecting land races atm

1 Like