Landrace strains - general thread

Sweet. In the meantime, his [Bodhi] IC post linked above might be worth quoting. It should be not out of place here, as it pertains the Hawaian landrace.

"i have been working on a secret project for a few years, not trying to be sneaky, just wanted to make sure i could pull it off before i spilled the beans. I’m about 75% done and things are going very well. its a new male, a male that brings with it a unique genetic marker. the male and its progeny bleed a dark red/violet high brix sap that resembles blood, along with a very different terpene signature and a beautiful uplifting high. originaly i called it just blood, but to not confuse people with the old Hawaiian sativa of the same name, i renamed the line dragons blood after the dark aromatic tree sap used by magians to ward of negative energies and infuse the work space with positive vibes. the line is based off a unique individual from the pipeline hashplant seeds, i sprouted all 23, and one plant had the red trait, I’m thinking it has hawiian blood ancestry deep in its genetics or it was crossed pollinated by the blood. the line dates from the mid nineties, and was bred by a kind soul with deep roots in islands cannabis heritage, he’s no longer with us but will live on through the seeds. in order to isolate the traits in blood specimen i took a pipeline male and crossed it to the blood, then grew out 33 of those looking for the blood trait, about 30% had the trait. i then took those plants and open pollinated them. the next wave had 50% blood traits. repeat the process, now were up to 70%. f1 hybrids with the line are showing a 50% blood traits. blood expressing hybrids of hybrids are showing 0% blood traits with a limited experiment of only 6 seeds. i think one more ix of the line and it will be pretty dominate, I’m hoping not so dominate that it takes over, the deadly g inbreeding taught me that further is not always better, its about balance and synergy. I’ve grown out the dragons blood hashplant (dragons blood f2 x 88g13hp) twice, she’s a beautiful frosty beauty, with that refreshing effect on the mind, body, and soul. testers with the f3 males are ready, and f4s will be popped soon. I’m not sure if i want the trait to stay within the f1’s and initial hybrid outcrosses or be dominate enough to move more freely into the greater gene pool.

_the applications are novel and vast. put a hundred og’s in the room, not an easy task to tell them apart, but if one bleeds red you know which that one is. you can also link the trait to other traits making breeding easier by selecting for colored sap individuals. starting family lines and lineages from this royal blood pool will offer up endless possibilities. with deep gratitude and love, Its my pleasure to offer up this this true breeding scarlet cannabis treasure line for the community and the future… emphasized text

8 Likes

HA, Yall beat me to it! I would have loved some c99 seeds also! I will have to break down and buy some of @Baudelaire’s seeds when I can afford to. Id like to try the cindy and durban/thai x c99 among others…:yum:

1 Like

Pookie, if I get them before I mail the package for my giveaway, I will send you 3, so you have a fair chance of finding a lady.

2 Likes

Thank’s @TropicalBiophile for the thought…:+1:

I certainly wasn´t expecting to get these (although I had been looking for some Cindy as @legalcanada would know), and its something good I can do for a member of the community that just went through a hurricane. Now back to landraces

2 Likes

Would you mind asking him if he still has my C99 clone (ray davies)

I sure would like to get her back.

1 Like

I see the old school tag but I certainly didn’t put 2 and 2 together. I will ask him next time we chat.

2 Likes

So much genotipical diversity to be a single landrace, no? I think better a landraces polihybride made in California (cos Cali is a Colombian city; joke), USA…

So what’s so special about a land race?.. Hold on I have a " pure landrace"…

Pursang Haze… F2… anyway, I’m just guessing here… But landrace probably means close to original ditch weed that marijuana used to be in the Afghan mountains?

I would love to see more lab controlled scientific research into pot genetics… But who the hell would do that?

This who. With legalization around the corner, there should be plenty more. http://galaxy.phylosbioscience.com/variety/CRT-1696/david-watson/mangobiche-colombia

2 Likes

I’ll take a look in a second… Thank you!.. Also wondering how much science can squeeze out of Mary Jane as far as THC percent!.. Pot from the 80s compared to now is not in the same Realm.

3 Likes

To be honest, The best pot I ever smoked was from the 80’s , One was an Afghan x Skunk the other was something that a buddy of mine snagged from his dad’s stash when I was 16 and it had us so stoned we could not drive, Looking back I think it was some type of Haze maybe as it was spicy and peppery tasting and not all that great looking but man ol man we were not prepared for what came next, I thought it was just some old swag by the looks and smell!
But the difference between the 80’s and now is there is much more well grown stuff with good genetics than there was back then, But the good stuff was still around just much more rare as there was tons of mexican brick shit coming in back then, especially down here in the south. But every once and awhile you would get stuff from gainesville fl., and Triangle kush and the white came from around here. Some say the Triangle was the original “OG” Kush…

3 Likes

I am currently pheno hunting a few old school sativa strains. Maui wowie, Zipolte Oaxacan, Acapulco gold, and Mango Haze. I intend to f2 all of these to preserve as well as make a few crosses.
Long live pure genetics!

7 Likes

I too plan to run the Zipolite Oaxacan I have soon, Don’t have the Acapulco gold though I would like to, I know Bodhi did have both at one point as a buy one get one free!:+1:

Yep thats where i picked mine up. I also have the Nigerian but didnt like the flavor.

1 Like

Got my C99 seeds from @Baudelaire for the picture of a plant with red sap a while back. Thanks man, it was the weirdest thing I had seen, so the post struck in my memory. Top notch service as always :thumbsup:

23 Likes

“Two packs of Cindy 99 for the first unaltered pic of red sap coming from a cannabis stem. Anybody?” - @Baudelaire

I have personally grown a Gorilla Grape that bled purple, and left lines on the cloning razor that looked like they were drawn with crayon. It was completely, unambiguously purple, so it seems reasonable to me that there would be a varietal with the same phenomenon in red.

@TropicalBiophile
@mia
That phylosbioscience charges too much for their service. Would love it if they got a Kickstarter going to fund the project instead of sacking us with the costs.

5 Likes