Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

Good news for those who like old school strains and heirlooms, the underground seeds collective is back with fresh seeds of:

Black Afghani (low stock)
Colombian Mangobiche 70’
Colombian Gold 72
Pure Zambian
Double Jam
Turkish landrace
Amnesia ibl
Nepalma
Col’jam
Ducksfoot
Ouzbékistan
Zamal CBD
Nepalma CBD
Col’jam CBD

I bet some might interest you :smiley: Available on seedheaven or by email AFAIK

22 Likes

dunno if u guys would be interested but I came up with a solo cup landrace idea, heres the thoughts in my thread :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Here’s a couple of @slain 's Thai x VN Black grown outdoor a little closer to home! I ‘believe’ he told me these (and many other SEA strains) have been grown in Aus since the days that’s all they could get! I loved growing these but I’m gonna have to experiment with my mixes more… not sure if I gave 'em too much or too little! I’ve been so busy growing all the great OG hybrids I’ve been receiving from folks here, but I’m getting sick and tired of constantly fighting w/mold w/2 monsoon seasons every year! So, the “Sativa Switch” is on and these (and some Original Haze) were the start of things! We had a couple small buds mold, but they stayed isolated from the rest of the buds and just dried out. I’ve tried a puff of it fresh, but can’t wait to try a little cured! I made f2’s (well, f2’s under my hands anyway) as well as crossed them w/ some Giant Goji OG’s and I think I even got 5-7 Original Haze x (Thai x VN Black) beans. The next generation(s) are just flowering now!

:call_me_hand:

31 Likes

Looks pretty that Thai.
It’s a pity that you have so many problems with the rH. Here is a very humid place also, but the winds that arrive here are very strong and dry. I was a couple weeks with rH >95%, but two sunny days and some wind, and it dropped to 65-70%.

Your OH was impressive also, so your cross of OHxTVN will probably be amazing!

Have you tried yet the HClO?

Keep the good work, and relax a little man! :rofl:

5 Likes

Yeah, bummer about the humidity, but I’m an outdoors guy! Just gotta keep on keepin’ on! Yes, I have a hypoclorious acid generator and it works great, but I need gallons of the stuff! Mine is only 300 ml at a time! I’m looking into a deal on a 1 gallon-at-a-time unit! Now with that and my gas-powered backpack fogger I might be able to get a handle on things!

7 Likes

Candyberry ( Escobar repro …Seedheaven.org

Very Kushy……must lean to cocoa Kush

50 days veg …30days since flip.

P J

P J

15 Likes

The other two Candyberry chicas…three in total.

Nice plants

16 Likes

Looking good I don’t remember the candy berry strain . Must of been after I’d left for over grow.

1 Like
6 Likes

Bhadra B was the Female that stayed with us. Here she is, Day 60 in Flower with some aggressive bending, early in the program.
This Gem is a busy plant lately; stretch is ON
Thanks again @Budderton & @iceman

Squirrel Tail below and the 4’ w/ the Congo & Oaxacan on the left
IMG_5993

26 Likes

Hey @MissinBissin . I’m relieved to hear you smacked that PM down. The tropicals are looking good, my pleasure to pass those beans along from iceman.
Best of luck with the rest of your run.
:grin::v:

7 Likes

555! Yo @MissinBissin You got me laughing good with the HST on the Squirrel Tail bro! :rofl: I was waiting to see how all you indoor guys were gonna deal with height issues on these landraces! Hey, it WORKED! Did the S.Tail go in at about the same time as the Bhadra?

3 Likes

Yes Sir, they all started within a week of each other @Tlander.
Raising a Cup of Java to you T, Good Evening!
That One image DOES look a little violent, lets just say its the angle of view. She wanted Vertical, I gave her Horizontal

2 Likes

I missed this. Red everything apparently. Red buds. Red hairs, even heard of Red leaves, which would suggest a Kandahar Indica was involved at one time. The pink hairs is a modern thing so far as I know. I haven’t heard about them if its part of 70’s lore. Magenta is a color I’ve often heard associated with the stigmas…edit***.and looky here…I just Googled magenta, thinking it was one color. I guess not, lol. This is why Women should never have been put in charge of naming colors​:rofl::sweat_smile::joy::rofl:. Its far too complicated now. Ocean Breeze is not a color, ladies :grin:! ( my wife bought " ocean breeze" for our living room. I came home to purple​:rofl:( she thought it was in the brown family)i teased her mercilessly…and we STILL have to deal with it. She asked " why is this purple"? “Because my dear”, I replied. “Ocean Breeze is not a color. If it had said light purple, we would not have bought it”. Lol. All in good fun. Screenshot_20231126_131457_Google|225x500

8 Likes

Interesting study I stumbled across that may be interesting for some to look into:

http://www.brockwell-bake.org.uk/docs/landrace_selection_1.pdf

Here’s an excerpt:

“It appears that with increasing age of the farmer and his
wife more landraces were maintained. For instance,
three farmers younger than 30 years maintained an
average of 5.0 landraces, 12 farmers being 30 to 60
years old kept 6.2 landraces, and 30 farmers older than
60 years maintained 6.8 varieties (Soleri & Cleveland,
1993). The difference may not be statistically signi-
ficant, but the figures may indicate a trend. They may
either indicate that, as a dying-out relic, i.e. the older
farmers still maintain more landraces than younger
ones. Or when a farmer becomes older he enjoys to
maintain more landraces, whereas the younger farmer,
probably, is not (yet) seeing the point of growing many
landraces.” <<could also be that landraces are easier to maintain and require less fertilizer

13 Likes

Corintos on the move. Really cool bud structure on these.

40 Likes

Thanks for sharing those, they look very enticing! What kind of scents/aromas are you finding ?

2 Likes

So thanks to @Cbizzle, I grew me some polyhybrid auto pollen I’m using on another project. I tossed it on these Namkading landrace specimens and it went extremely well! A bunch of fat seeds everywhere. I just wanted a few but always go overboard.

21 Likes

You’re welcome bud. I’m about to soak some Mango Smile x Super Orange Haze from you. Tag you when I do!

4 Likes

Just from the subtle early smells, it’s kind of like rose-soap and bubblegum scented rain-water. It’s early though… smells always seem to change.

3 Likes